No announcement yet.

Sorcerous Workings: Where We Make Judgments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking about limbs... Anyone read elfen lied? Invisible arm, that can tear apart and cut.

Celestial 2, or 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Anyone read elfen lied?
      Watched an episode of the anime, decided it wasn’t for me.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Celestial 2, or 1?
      Celestial 2 minimum.

Comment

• Yeah.

Medium to long range. Multiple arms. No penalties on using them separately. There appears to be a form of clairvoyance where it doesn't matter that they're moving right behind her.

Exceptionally strong, capable of crushing human skulls, breaking through stone and steel, and basically wrecking the shit out of anything that's not reinforced.

Able to handle objects with surprising gentleness. Capable of being sharp enough to cut through human bodies with ease.

Comment

Medium to long range.
          I'd say medium at most.

No penalties on using them separately.
          What makes you say that? We don't see their dice pools.

Exceptionally strong, capable of crushing human skulls, breaking through stone and steel, and basically wrecking the shit out of anything that's not reinforced.
          To be fair, that's nothing that can't be done with a good Athletics and the Brawl Charm Fists of Iron Technique.

Capable of being sharp enough to cut through human bodies with ease.
          That just means it does lethal damage.

Comment

• I'm fairly sure she killed the hell out of multiple opponents. Without slowing down.

Comment

I'm fairly sure she killed the hell out of multiple opponents. Without slowing down.
              Sounds like she might have been fighting a battle group.

(I’ll also point out that, again, we don’t see her dice pools. Just because she doesn’t visibly slow down doesn’t mean she’s not exerting effort.)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Sounds like she might have been fighting a battle group.

(I’ll also point out that, again, we don’t see her dice pools. Just because she doesn’t visibly slow down doesn’t mean she’s not exerting effort.)
                You're right. Maybe so. She was particularly strong.

I've been reading Iris Zero. Or more importantly, its a manga. Read it on your own time, but its basically a story were children starting from a certain year all have a certain power. Or more importantly, a perception power. Ranging from seeing who loves who, when someone is lying, or things like 'is this person suited to this job?'.

Low level perception power, from perceiving people's abilites and attributes to a bargain basement Judge's ear technique.

Comment

• A werewolf alternate form. For an agent that's meant to sow chaos behind enemy lines.

Adds 4 dots to any ability. Gives natural weapons, both ranged and melee. Sharpened senses, like night vision. And enhanced durability and healing.

What's it for? Terrestrial 3 or celestial 2?

Comment

• Permanently transforming your shape into that of a wolfman sounds like Terrestrial 3, though adding healing powers on top of that would bring it up to Celestial.

​Gaining the power to transform at will between your regular shape and a wolfman shape, definitely Celestial 2.

​(Also, "adds 4 dots to any ability?" How does being in a wolfman shape make you better at Bureaucracy?)

Comment

Permanently transforming your shape into that of a wolfman sounds like Terrestrial 3, though adding healing powers on top of that would bring it up to Celestial.

​Gaining the power to transform at will between your regular shape and a wolfman shape, definitely Celestial 2.

​(Also, "adds 4 dots to any ability?" How does being in a wolfman shape make you better at Bureaucracy?)
                      Sorry was thinking of the garou warform ability. It adds 4 dots to your physical stats. And gives you absurd regeneration and durability.

That was worded badly.

Comment

It adds 4 dots to your physical stats.
                        Considering how easily the dice math gets wonky when you push past a certain threshold, I'd either cap the boost at 5 or have those count as Charm dice.

And gives you absurd regeneration and durability.
                        Pairing regeneration and durability with the numerous physical boosts I'd say we've passed the "granting a supernatural power" threshold and moved into "with supernatural powers comparable to a Second Circle Demon." Definitely Celestial 3.

​Assuming, of course, that an ST would allow it at all; at this point, you're basically asking to play a Lunar without having to be a Lunar.
                        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 07-17-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Considering how easily the dice math gets wonky when you push past a certain threshold, I'd either cap the boost at 5 or have those count as Charm dice.

Pairing regeneration and durability with the numerous physical boosts I'd say we've passed the "granting a supernatural power" threshold and moved into "with supernatural powers comparable to a Second Circle Demon." Definitely Celestial 3.

​Assuming, of course, that an ST would allow it at all; at this point, you're basically asking to play a Lunar without having to be a Lunar.
                          Unless your just making beastmen or it’s a curse where you turn someone into a werewolf over which you have no control where you hunt people and eat them at night as a werewolf and then wake up in morning covered in blood, it very much sounds like you should be playing a lunar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
                            Unless your just making beastmen or it’s a curse where you turn someone into a werewolf over which you have no control where you hunt people and eat them at night as a werewolf and then wake up in morning covered in blood, it very much sounds like you should be playing a lunar.
                            I'm not the one asking about it, that's Accelerator.

Comment

I'm not the one asking about it, that's Accelerator.
                              Ah yes I quoted the wrong person , no hard feelings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
                                Ah yes I quoted the wrong person , no hard feelings?
                                Indeed, no hard feelings.

Comment

Working...
                                X