Alchemical 3e conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemical 3e conversion

There comes a time in every man's life when his impatientness outweighs his laziness. I, being as big of an Alchemical fan as I game, didn't want to wait until 2018-2019 when Alchemicals come out (Let's face it, they'll be the last again). So to remedy this situation I decided to convert all of Alchemicals into the third edition.

The entire thing is FAR too large to post here, so I'd rather just post the PDF right here.

Manual link for copy paste here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8x...Version1.4.pdf

What does the PDF contain? Well I'm glad you asked Billy! Your name not Billy? It is now!
    • Overcharged charm slots, a way to get high essence charms early one while still seeming balanced completely at a glance!
    • All your favorite Alchemical charms translated into 3e mechanics (Except one charm). Any major holes Alchemicals may have had were plugged up to the best of my ability to notice and fix them. I can attest that at the very least, the charms should work out of the box,
    • A very simple magitech system for those who want to use it and completely ignorable by those who don't!
    • Three artifacts I crammed in to fulfill my artifact evocation example allotment with far too many evocations to use!
    • Autochton Protocols translated into sorcery spells! Laugh at my pathetic attempts to see if I could get Celestial Circle spells right!
    • Three Martial Arts styles included that were translated into 3e! Thousand Wounds Gear, Live Wire Style, and my own work Ironheart Destroyer style!
    • Exalted Modern Alchemical charms baked into the core by default! Don't want magic internet in creation/Autobot, then no problem as such charms are tagged with the 'modern' keyword so you can completely ignore them!
    So enjoy and who knows, you may be one of the one of the 10 people who actually read past the first 20 pages!

To answer some questions which may be asked almost immediately:

Q: You brought back charm slots? Are you mad?
    A: See Chapter 6 Issue 2.

Q: These charm balances are shit
    A: As I said, many were done at a glance on what seemed right. If something is vastlybetter than a Solar charm I may try to fix it. Likewise I copied a few charms I may want to try and fix in the future (IE: Alchemical clash), but my main goal is to make sure Alchemicals are playable without the entire system shattering into 80 million pieces.

EDIT: Oh nearly forgot. The PDF has the latest release version with full bookmarks for ease of use. For the google document I use, which is constantly being updated with the latest charms/balance changes, you can find that here. Be aware that it is *not* bookmarked or hyperlinked, but if you want the latest stuff...

UPDATE 11/24/2015: Alchemicals 1.4 is now live. What I thought to be a small update turned out to be much larger with brand new, seemingly balanced charms.
    Last edited by Sandact6; 11-25-2015, 02:02 AM. Reason: 1.4 update

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
    Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

I see what you did thar :P

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Great work! I'll get to work reading this right away.

Comment

thank you sir, for your hard work, now to hopefully convince others to use it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          I see what you did thar :P
          Is this a joke for something? Or are you saying that you see the PDF?

Pardon me I'm an idiot for the jokes.

Thank you very much for your Alchemical homebrew back in the day. Your ideas are what inspired me to write the project (Including translating several of your charms).

Originally posted by Raziere
          thank you sir, for your hard work, now to hopefully convince others to use it as well.
          I already have plans in how to use this beast. What started out as something small eventually spiraled into "...Screw it, I'll do the entire thing."

Originally posted by Lonesome Akuma
          Great work! I'll get to work reading this right away.
          It's huge. 256 pages or about that, so take your time. If you (or anyone else quite frankly) spot errors/issues/mistakes, please feel free to message me. I want to make sure this document is as far away from gamebreaking errors as possible.

Comment

Oh, this is NIFTY! I might bring back my old Moonsilver Caste.

Enemies of Autochthonia beware of VIGILANT GRACEFUL BLADE!

Though seriously, all this homebrew... Are you some kind of robot? Or are you an Alchemical?

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post

Is this a joke for something?
              I saw the glorious return of Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill!

and then after I made that post I noticed you'd even credited me, which was really considerate

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                Oh, this is NIFTY! I might bring back my old Moonsilver Caste.

Enemies of Autochthonia beware of VIGILANT GRACEFUL BLADE!

Though seriously, all this homebrew... Are you some kind of robot? Or are you an Alchemical?
                When I told my family how much I did in two weeks, they only went wide eyed and stared blankly.

But to answer you, just my own determination reached a tipping point when I was faced with a realization that to play in another Alchemical game I'd have to wait several years. To me this was unacceptable. Originally I was going to only do one or two sections, but I eventually did them all once I got the hang of it.

Comment

When I told my family how much I did in two weeks, they only went wide eyed and stared blankly.

But to answer you, just my own determination reached a tipping point when I was faced with a realization that to play in another Alchemical game I'd have to wait several years. To me this was unacceptable. Originally I was going to only do one or two sections, but I eventually did them all once I got the hang of it.
                  Well thanks. I'll share this with my old Alchie crew.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    I saw the glorious return of Diamagnetic Supercollider Drill!

and then after I made that post I noticed you'd even credited me, which was really considerate
                    Not only the drill, but Target Painting Retical, Kinetic Acceleration Drive, Probabilistic Calculation Array, Analytical Design Engine, and quite a few submodules. I tried to give credit where credit was due.

Originally posted by Kyman201
                    Well thanks. I'll share this with my old Alchie crew.
                    If I've made one person happy, then I consider this homebrew a success.

Comment

If I've made one person happy, then I consider this homebrew a success.
                      Well I actually enjoy Ex3's Crafting System (At least the idea of it, I haven't made a crafter to really sink my teeth into it) so apparently some people on the forum would have you believe that I have no taste. Grain of salt.

Comment

Alchemicals by 2018/19, huh? Someone's an optimist. We'll be lucky if we see Lunars by 2019.

That said, first glance looks rad. Always good to see someone move another Splat type toward playability. Unfortunately I don't feel I have enough of a grasp on the mechanics to offer anything in the way of constructive criticism, but I do definitely appreciate its existence and will likely try it out at some point.

Comment

I think the plan was two major splatbooks per year, so, assuming that holds, Alchemicals could be 2020.

Either way, thanks for doing this. I'll take a look at it after I finish the Core.

Placeholder

Comment

Now I want to remake my old Alchemical MA style for 3e. Perfected Harmony of Motion Style, aka breakdancing robots.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              I think the plan was two major splatbooks per year, so, assuming that holds, Alchemicals could be 2020.

Either way, thanks for doing this. I'll take a look at it after I finish the Core.
                              We will be living in an oddly retro cyberpunk future.

Comment

Working...
                              X