[Ex3] Combat Tracker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Ex3] Combat Tracker

Lots of people have been posting their cheat sheets and such to help with 3rd Edition and I think it's awesome. Most of them put mine to shame.

One thing I haven't seen anyone else do though is a dynamic combat tracker. I made this in Google Sheets back during the playtest but wanted to finish reading the core book to make sure the rules didn't change before sharing it.

Since my group likes to track how combat is flowing, I usually put this on a big monitor or TV during combat so everyone can see who's next in the order. Since Initiative can dynamically shift combat order during a round, I needed something that tracked that, but ALSO tracked whether someone's turn was done.

This is my result. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing Make a copy of it for yourself and play around with it. Let me know if you have suggestions.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

I'll only bump this once, but was hoping someone would get a chance to play with this and let me know if they found it useful or not.

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I made a much hastier version of this before my last session but I like the look of yours a lot. I'll definitely steal this one for the future.

Comment

Oh,using this for my next game! And future ones.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
          I usually put this on a big monitor or TV during combat
          I usually put this on a [...] TV during combat
          TV during combat
          Holy hell, I have an internet-capable smart TV in my room and I never even once thought to use it to make things easier for everyone.

The Unsung Hero, I will sing your praises everywhere if I can make this thing work.

"From now on, instead of saying 'half-assed', I will use 'muled'. 'This is a muled job, Chris', I will say to my friend Chris. 'You need to do better, or your ass is grass. And not, like, metaphorical grass. There are weeds growing in there as we speak.'

"'The DEA is after you, man' I will tell him, in all seriousness."

Comment

Nicely done! Handles things nice and cleanly. My only little niggle of a complaint is it would be nice if a workaround could be found for needing to x the "Turn completed" column for blanks. I can't quite seem to see how you have it all arranged, but it feels like that should be possible. I might take a look at reverse-engineering it in the morning and see if I can tweak that. But seriously, that's just one little burr to buff out of a solid piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Venatius View Post
              Nicely done! Handles things nice and cleanly. My only little niggle of a complaint is it would be nice if a workaround could be found for needing to x the "Turn completed" column for blanks. I can't quite seem to see how you have it all arranged, but it feels like that should be possible. I might take a look at reverse-engineering it in the morning and see if I can tweak that. But seriously, that's just one little burr to buff out of a solid piece of work.

Technically it can be anything, it doesn't have to be an X. It just checks to see if that space is empty or not. Marking anything in there removes it from the combat order so you don't have to wonder who's next. Unless I'm missing what your goal is.

Comment

Originally posted by Khantalas View Post
                Holy hell, I have an internet-capable smart TV in my room and I never even once thought to use it to make things easier for everyone.
                I've even played around with adding columns to the left of column C for marking who crashed who (for tracking initiative shift) and onslaught penalties (since they don't clear until that person's turn starts again, not at the start of a round). All these things help if all the players can see it. I'm a huge fan of utilizing TVs for my games.

Comment

So after having done several sessions using this tracker with my group, we've found it very valuable but not complete enough. I have added columns for Onslaught Penalty tracking and number of rounds spent crashed to help track when to reset to base. It's kept combat easy to follow. I've updated the base file, so anyone can make a new copy of it to use at their table if they wish.

It is linked in the first post here or on Lioness' "Exalted 3rd edition useful links" sticky on the front page. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Comment

Working...
                  X