Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgiastic Fugitive Style [3e]

So I made a thing.
    This is mostly me just stretching my fingers and seeing who and what I can make with the systems Exalted has provided.
    The Style is mostly based on what 2e claimed the Style was about, combined with what I know about Drunken Boxing, except in this case, you're actully drunk when performing it, or high, or enjoying the afterglow of lovemaking.

Obligatory Soup Joke: The Orgiastic Fugitive doesn't use a spoon, in fact, you're pretty sure that's not soup. It's actually Sake.

Intoxication
    While alcohol, marijuana and various others stimulants are considered poisons within the system of Exalted, it does not implement how drunk a person is, or how high they are. Normally, such matters would be considered trivial, and have very little relevance on the game. But for Orgiastic Fugitive Style, the degree to which a martial is intoxicated is very relevant. Any man can be a drunk, very few can become a drunken master.

When a person takes their first hit, or empties their first glass of booze, they obtain their first level of Intoxication. On one level of intoxication, they only suffer from the penalties that the drug describes. If a character uses more than one type of drug, using either one will increase his intoxication by one. This means that a character that has used both alcohol and marijuana in a scene, has an intoxication level of 2. Any penalties that these drugs inflict stack with one another.
    A person can raise their intoxication level up to their Resistance without gaining any additional penalties.
    If a character’s Intoxication raises above their Resistance, they suffer a -1 penalty on any roll they take, per level of Intoxication that exceeds their Resistance.
    If their Intoxication is above twice their Resistance, their penalty no longer increases. Instead, they suffer one level of lethal damage per round, per level of intoxication above twice their Resistance. This effect cannot be soaked or lessened, except by Charms or Spells that increase their resistance to poison, such as Poison-Resisting Meditation. If the vice the practitioner enjoys cannot have lethal dosages, he cannot raise his intoxication above twice his resistance.
    The consumption of any substance, or engaging in sexual activity, raises the martial artist’s intoxication by 1 and is considered a miscellaneous action within combat, but no roll is required when performing this action. They can only partake in their vice of choice once per round, and only in one of them per round if they use several.

To clarify: The Drug-Penalty is the penalty a drug inflict, this is static. The Intoxication penalty is the penalty that is inflicted by consuming it in large amounts, and consuming more of it increases your intoxication.

Example: Ivory Empty Palm is trying to outdo a demon in a drinking competition. He has a Resistance of 3, and his intoxication level is 6. This means that he suffers a -3 penalty on ever roll. He empties another glass, and wins the competition. His intoxication is now 7. Because of this, he is now suffering from alcohol poisoning, and suffers one lethal damage per round.
    Name Damage/Interval Duration Penalty Vector
    Alcohol 1i/round (No effect in Crash) 60 minutes -1 Ingestion
    Marijuana 1i/round (No effect in Crash) 4 hours -2 Inhalation/Ingestion
    Opium 3i/round (No effect in Crash) 3 hours -2 Inhalation/Ingestion
    Sexual Exhaustion 2i/round (No effect in Crash) 40 minutes -1 None
    When a character rolls to lower the duration of Alcohol or sexual exhaustion, lower this in increments of 10 minutes.
    Sexual exhaustion is technically not a drug, and can thus not be resisted asif it were a poison. Then again, it can not be administered as a drug either. It is still considered a drug for the purpose of intoxication penalties, and for the purpose of Unhealthy Miasma Stance.

Orgiastic Fugitive Style
    A style made up of paradoxes, is how some would describe it. It’s practitioners dull their reflexes, yet they become better fighters for it. Their kata’s are beautiful, slow and surreal, yet they are never studied, and can only be performed while under influence. And while every Sifu considers it an offense to even mention the style, it has representatives all around Creation.

Whether it’s a western sailor almost drowning himself in his bottle of rum, an eastern tribesman sedating himself with some mysterious leaves, or a southern noble, performing private kata’s with his concubines, Orgiastic Fugitive invites all its practitioners to indulge themselves in their favorite vices, and use whatever lessons they learned in their stupor the reach enlightenment. The students, known as the Joyous Sages, the Orgiastic Fugitives, or the Drunken Masters, are happy to comply, even if they have to suffer the hangover.

Orgiastic Fugitive Weapon: The style is performed using any paraphernalia related to its practitioner’s vice. This can include ale bottles, hookahs and opium pipes. In addition, they may use their harmonious fists and feet. Any drug-paraphernalia used within this style are explicitely not improvised weapons.

Armor: Orgiastic Fugitive Style cannot be practiced in any armor.

Complementary Abilities: The Martial Artist needs more than strong arms and strong legs to fight as an Orgiastic Fugitive. He also needs a strong liver, and a strong internal body to keep his vice from doing more harm than good. Because of that, many of them have a high resistance. In addition, the Style relies heavily on not being where your opponent strikes, therefor, dodge is a highly useful skill.

Clarity-of-Mind Moment
    Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Mastery
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    While the martial artist is generally waltzing through the fight, barely able to keep herself standing, clear spots sometimes shine through in her blurred mind.
    She may ignore any penalties that the vices inflict on her for any action, as well as ignore the damage that these vices inflict that round, unless they deal lethal or aggravated damage. This Charm only applies to the effects of the vices themselves, not the penalty or damage of her intoxication.

Mastery: The martial artist may roll her (Resistance+Stamina) against the penalty of any other poisons she might be affected by. She lowers the penalty of these poisons by one for every success. This roll cannot be supplemented by any Charms. Each poison is rolled individually. This charm does nothing to lower the damage of these poisons.

Poppies And Bottles Labyrinth
    Cost: -; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: Terrestrial
    Duration: Permanent
    While the vices the Orgiastic Fugitive enjoys open her mind to new, amazing stimuli, those that try to force their way in are met with a mind like a maze.
    As long as the Martial Artist has an Intoxication of at least one, any opponent trying to read her intentions suffer a penalty to that roll of -1. If her Intoxication is more than her Resistance, this penalty is increased to -2.
    In addition, if the martial artist has a positive Intimacy towards her vice of choice, any influence roll to change this intimacy is considered to be an Unacceptable Influence.

Terrestrial: If the Martial Artist has a positive Intimacy towards her vice of choice, this intimacy is treated as being a defining Intimacy instead.

Ripples in Rice Wine Pattern
    Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 1
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Uniform, Mastery
    The Martial Artist weaves in and out of combat in a sluggish, but unpredictable pattern. Many a city guard has lost his temper for failing to strike back at the playful slaps of a giggling drunk.
    She may turn her intoxication penalties into bonus die when rolling to hit her opponent on the first step of an attack.
    If this attack is countered, she turns her intoxication penalties into a bonus to her dodge value as well.

Mastery: The martial artist turns one of the bonus die she receives from her intoxication penalties into an automatic success, the rest of them are rolled normally.

Orgiastic Fugitive Form
    Cost: 10m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 1
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Form
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Clarity-of-Mind Moment, Poppies and Bottles Labyrinth, Ripples in Rice Wine Pattern
    Taking a swig of her favorite brew or a deep breath from her opium pipe, the martial artist steps into a stance that resembles a half-sleeping stumble. Her eyes unfocused and veiny, her hands grasping at nothing, her Essence impure and smoky.
    Once per round, the martial artist may partake in their vice of choice as a reflexive action.
    When she is in Orgiastic Fugitive Form, partaking in a vice increases her intoxication by two instead of by one. Upon learning Orgiastic Fugitive Form, the martial artist can choose not to roll against poisons, and let them afflict her to their full capacity automatically.
    Once per round, the martial artist may turn the penalties from her intoxication into bonus die on any roll that uses a physical Attribute. This effect stacks with Ripples in Rice Wine Pattern.

Special activation rules: The martial artist may reflexively step into Orgiastic Fugitive Form if she has partaken in her vice three times or more during a fight.

Drunken Monk Shares His Cup
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2
    Keyword: Decisive-Only
    Prerequisite Charms: Orgiastic Fugitive Form
    While enjoying yourself is what’s best in life, it would be selfish to not share your joys with others.
    This is a decisive attack, which can be performed up to short range. It is a gambit with a difficulty of 3. The martial artist can infuse her vice of choice with her essence and then release it at her opponent, hitting them in the eyes. The opponent is blinded until he either spends a miscellaneous action removing the substance from his eyes, or tries to reflexively remove it, which will cost him the martial artist’s (intoxication)/2, rounded up + (Essence) in initiative.

Terrestrial: If her opponent tries to reflexively clean his eyes, it will cost him the martial artist’s (intoxication + Essence)/2, rounded down in initiative.

Mastery: The martial artist gains any initiative lost by her opponent reflexively removing the substance from his eyes. She gains this initiative when she resets to her base initiative.

Redirecting Misfortune Kata
    Cost: 5m (7m) ; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2
    Type: Reflexive
    Keyword: Uniform, Terrestrial
    Prerequisite Charms: Orgiastic Fugitive Form
    With a well-placed foot, an accidental push or a clumsy step sideways, the martial artist is capable of throwing her opponents off-balance.
    This charm can be activated upon successfully dodging an attack at close range. The martial artist may either push her opponent up to short range away or knock them prone. She gains (Martial Arts) initiative. If she dodged a withering attack, her opponent loses (Martial Arts) in initiative as well.

Terrestrial: This Charm can only be activated on successfully dodging decisive attacks.

Mastery: By spending 7 motes, the martial artist may push her opponent to short range, as well as knock them prone.

Drunken Monk Grabs his Sandals
    Cost: 7m, 3i; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 2
    Keyword: Clash-Only, Perilous, Mastery
    Prerequisite Charms: Redirecting Misfortune Kata
    A simple, but blunt truth appears in the martial artist’s mind: A dodge is simply being where your opponent is not attacking. Since her opponent rarely attacks the ground, that is a good place to dodge to. This Charm lets the martial artist ignore a Clash roll, her opponent simply missing the attack because he struck where she was not. The martial artist knocks herself prone when using this Charm.

Terrestrial: Her opponent gains the initiative that the martial artist lost from dodging his attack. If the opponent used a decisive attack, he gains it when he resets back to base initiative.

Mastery: The martial artist may reflexively pull herself up from prone on her next turn.

Indulgent Sleeper Atemi
    Cost: 6m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3
    Type: Supplemental
    Keyword: Decisive-Only, Mastery
    Prerequisite Charms: Orgiastic Fugitive Style
    With their constant swaying, stumbling and tripping, every movement of the orgiastic fugitive could be a potential feint, and no martial artist can keep their eyes on every potential angle at once.
    On a decisive attack, the defender must make an Awareness roll against the martial artist’s intoxication penalty. If the defender fails, the martial artist’s strike is considered a surprise attack.
    This Charm can only be used once per scene unless reset by successfully dodging three attacks in a row.

Mastery: If the first attack the martial artist makes during the fight is supplemented by Indulgent Sleeper Atemi, and her opponent fails his Awareness roll, this attack is considered an ambush.

Burning Feather Evasion
    Cost: -; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3
    Type: Permanent
    Keyword: Terrestrial
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: Redirecting Misfortune Kata
    Tapping deep into her smoky, polluted essence, the joyous sage lets her intoxicated prowess growing to even greater heights.
    This Charm upgrades Orgiastic Fugitive Form. The martial artist raises her dodge value by 2 while in this Form. For every attack she successfully dodges, she gain 2 initiative. This effect only applies if she does not take a combat action in a round. If she does not take a combat action during a round, she does not suffer any onslaught penalties that round. If she gets hit, she loses all initiative gained this way on that round.
    Terrestrial: The martial artist only increases her dodge value by 1.

Unhealthy Miasma Stance
    Cost: 15m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4
    Keyword: Terrestrial, Mastery
    Prerequisite Charms: Drunken Monk Shares His Cup, Drunken Monk Grabs His Sandals, Indulgent Sleeper Atemi, Burning Feather Evasion
    The drunken master performs a stumbling, swaying kata. Upon ending it, a blue haze surrounds her, slowly drifting on the air. Those caught within it feel their eyes water and their minds blur. The drunken master has shared her gifts with them.
    This Charm can only be used when the martial artist suffers an intoxication penalty of at least -1. Upon using this Charm, the martial artist loses (Martial Arts) in intoxication levels. This charm affects everyone within short range. All those caught within it immediately gain (Martial Arts) intoxication levels, and are affected by all drugs that the martial artist was using at the time. This effect lasts 3 hours. If a target has no Stamina Attribute on their sheet, assume it is half of their ability to resist disease/poison, rounded up. This effect lasts as long as the duration of the drugs themselves.

This Charm can only be used once per scene, unless reset by reaching an intoxication at least level 3 points higher than when it had been used before. So if the martial artist used this Charm at intoxication 6, she can use it again once she reaches an intoxication of at least 9.

Terrestrial: The miasma is weak and fleeting. It’s effect lasts no more than 20 minutes.

Mastery: The martial artist my exhale her miasma instead. This turns it from short to medium range, and affects everyone within a 45 degree in front of the Martial Artist.
    Last edited by While My Guitar; 11-10-2015, 03:58 PM.

I made some Martial Arts for 3e, look at them here and here.

Orgiastic Fugitive Style was one of my favs back in the day. I kinda wish the pipes/hookahs and tankards got to be better weapons than improvised, but the rest is super evocative and solid.

prototype00

Comment

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
      Orgiastic Fugitive Style was one of my favs back in the day. I kinda wish the pipes/hookahs and tankards got to be better weapons than improvised, but the rest is super evocative and solid.

prototype00
      Actually, that was not intentional, I put that in originally, and then kinda forgot to remove it, consider that a mistake on my end,

Comment

This is terrific, I can offer more nuanced commentary later but as a single aside why is sex twice as enervating as booze? What kind of sex are these people having? (I get why it's necessary for balance reasons because you can't really have sex in combat while the other "poisons" you can dose yourself with)

Comment

Originally posted by JiveX View Post
          This is terrific, I can offer more nuanced commentary later but as a single aside why is sex twice as enervating as booze? What kind of sex are these people having? (I get why it's necessary for balance reasons because you can't really have sex in combat while the other "poisons" you can dose yourself with)
          Honestly, not sure, now that I look at it.
          However, you made me look over what this style would be like when practiced by someone who's stimulant is sex, and... wow, Drunken Monk Shares His Cup suddenly becomes disgusting... more than it already was.

Comment

The form is a bit graphic too-- lol

Comment

I was trying to use imagery of a person who was drugged as hell, but yes, it becomes a bit odd when you applied to the sex part.

Comment

So Drunken Monk Shares His Cup is a decisive attack, not a gambit? As in, blowing smoke in the opponent's eyes might literally kill them?

Comment

It's a gambit, but gambits can only be done on a decisive attack if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by While My Guitar View Post
                    It's a gambit, but gambits can only be done on a decisive attack if I recall correctly.
                    Gambits are decisive, but unless you specify that they're gambits, they're decisive attacks.

Comment

honestly, 7 motes to initiate a gambit is a lot. Also, there's no Difficulty for the gambit, there needs to be one.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
                      Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
                      Keywords: Mute
                      Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

It has been edited in, thank you for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                        X