Wyld-Shaping at Essence 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
    Actually, there's some wiggle room for the idea of replacement in the final paragraph of the merit, when it discusses actually paying xp on MoSaC's effects that circunvent the fading in play. That's what partly inspired me to suggest that as an alternative to WST in the first place.
    I'm pretty sure that that section is a 'no, you cannot shenanigans' rider, rather than anything to do with the merit's actual function.

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
    Yes, from that angle teaching and training others would be much too early indeed, thanks for pointing it out.
    Besides which, Adiva never went into the Wyld until after she had the Lore Tree's anti-Wyld effects.

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
      If you want Wyld Shaping Technique, you -really- want a Twice Striking Lightning Prism for +1 Essence when calculating your effects. It also grants you +4 Motes per hour regenerating. With Wyld-Cauldron Mastery and Harmonious Academic Methodology you are gaining +2 Non-Charm Successes and +2 Successes on every roll. You are also doubling the area you create. Generally speaking, Wyld Shaping lets you create merits out of thin air or have a huge direct hand in the story. That is its primary use. You also want to bat eyelashes at your ST for some exceptional equipment to help you with Wyld Shaping (a tome or guide from the first age, perhaps), but don't count on it.
      Thanks for the Heathstone input! Those effects are really nice. I generally only looked at charms when I was working these up.

Current project: Monster Ambulance, wherein you save monsters. In your ambulance.

Comment

Originally posted by Valles View Post

I'm pretty sure that that section is a 'no, you cannot shenanigans' rider, rather than anything to do with the merit's actual function.
        Probably, not that i see much of a problem either way, but that's me.

Originally posted by Valles View Post
        Besides which, Adiva never went into the Wyld until after she had the Lore Tree's anti-Wyld effects.
        Good to know, it becomes clearer it ain't really an option in the context of her background & concept as i learned some bits here and there through the previous posts.

Comment

Working...
        X