No announcement yet.

How I wish charms were written

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail. 80% of the way there! Only five more to go.
    • Invincible Admiral Method: Changed prereq from Immortal Mariner's Advantage to Ocean-Conquering Avatar
    • Black Fathoms Blessed: Changed prereq from non-existant Ship-Sustaining Ferver + Salty Dog Method to Rail Storming Ferver + Ship-Sustaining Spirit
    • Burning Anima Sails: Changed prereq from Rail-Storming Fervor, Ship-Sustaining Spirit -> Chaos-Cutting Galley

Originally posted by Chejop Kejak View Post
    (Also, after being largely absent for the back half of this project, I don't feel that I deserve much mention, even as an "opinionated person." I am enjoying seeing the trees come together, though!)
    I'm glad to hear that someone else is liking the charm trees. Felt sort of like I was shouting into the void when I'd made quadruple posts, each edited three times without response (I'm rather fond of attention, all told). ^^;;

Comment

• My apologies.

The thing about trees is, they're totally crucial for using Charms without it being odious, but at the same time, there's not a lot of specific things to say about any given tree, assuming there aren't blatant errors.

But I'm super glad you're doing them!

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

• Socialize is up. The tree isn't actually that different as a whole, despite the big list of changes. Mostly reducing the root level's Socialize prereq and reducing direct connections (by adding an indirect one, Mastery of Small Manners -> Wise-Eyed Courtier Method).
        • Reduced Mastery of Small Manners to Soc 1
        • Reduced Motive-Discerning Technique to Soc 2
        • Reduced Night Passes Over to Soc 3
        • Reduced Intent-Tracing Stare to Soc 4
        • Reduced Wise-Eyed Courtier Method to Soc 4
        • Reduced Penumbra Self Meditation to Soc 4
        • Wise-Eyed Courtier Method - Added Mastery of Small Manners prereq
        • Knowing the Soul's Price - Removed Seen and Seeing Method prereq
        • Discretionary Gesture - Added Umbral Eyes Focus as- a prereq
        • Unbound Social Mastery - Removed Wise-Eyed Courtier Method prereq (redundant now)
        • Venemous Rumours Technique - Removed Mastery of Small Manners prerq (redundant now)
        • Aspersions Cast Aside - Changed prereq to Indecent Proposal Method from Mastery of Small Manners

Comment

• I approve of having more low-ability-prereq Charms.

EX3 Craft Rewrite

Sanctaphrax is not a person
          -Chejop Kejak

Comment

• Stealth was easy, because it's a tiny tree.
            • Guardian Fog Approach: Chonged prereq from Blindng Battle Feint to Perfect Shadow Stillness
            • Extending the Night's Veil: Removed Guardian Fog Approach prereq (redundant now)
            Survival, Thrown and War are next. Will I get to them tomorrow? Dunno, but sometime soon. Want to get this part of things done with so I can move on to the next (and final) phase - layout. Anyone have suggestions for a page background, a la Ex3? Something to give the pages a bit more texture than just white text and charms.

Comment

• I am a dreary person who never objects to all-white backgrounds, but since others tend to... this isn't going to be sold for money. Why not pilfer the one from EX3 itself?

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

• Survival.
                • Deadly Predator Method: Removed Red-Toothed Execution Order prereq. I could add RTEO as a prereq for Saga Beast Virtue instead, but really I'm not fussed about having it all come together into a single capstone.

Originally posted by Chejop Kejak View Post
                I am a dreary person who never objects to all-white backgrounds, but since others tend to... this isn't going to be sold for money. Why not pilfer the one from EX3 itself?
                I was thinking about it - may be the simplest / best option overall.

I'm a bit tempted to be snarky and number the pages as they'd be in the book, starting at 250, with a blank page at the end numbered 346-423 (or whatever) and the text "This space intentionally left blank."

Comment

• Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit should be E1. And should probably have smaller text.

EX3 Craft Rewrite

-Chejop Kejak

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueWinds View Post
                    Stealth was easy, because it's a tiny tree.
                    ...Want to get this part of things done with so I can move on to the next (and final) phase - layout. Anyone have suggestions for a page background, a la Ex3? Something to give the pages a bit more texture than just white text and charms.
                    I would say add something simple like the basic exalted icon, turn it transparent int eh background and magnify it to half page. Unless you are looking for a page border. Then I would say use the watercolor border from the main book. I know Mr. Gone has access to it as he adds it to the borders of his customer character sheets. You might be able to ask him for it or maybe even one of the people that works on the project overall. The worst thing they can say is no.

P.S. I tried to attach the generic icon to this post but apparently I don't have permissions to do that.

Craft rewrite.
                    Twitter Handle: at maudovajr

Comment

• Thrown was easy. Wow. Short and straight forward. Has a sort of interesting shape.
                      War was a little more annoying - so vertical, took a while to find a layout that worked.
                      • March of the Returner: Sanct and I discussed this a while ago, where I wanted to keep it and he wanted to cut. Well, it finally got cut.

Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
                      Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit should be E1. And should probably have smaller text.
                      Fixed. I was really hoping not to have to introduce an "even smaller text size", but... well... charm names. I'm now using 14.5, 12 and 11.5 fonts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post

I would say add something simple like the basic exalted icon, turn it transparent int eh background and magnify it to half page. Unless you are looking for a page border. Then I would say use the watercolor border from the main book. I know Mr. Gone has access to it as he adds it to the borders of his customer character sheets. You might be able to ask him for it or maybe even one of the people that works on the project overall. The worst thing they can say is no.

P.S. I tried to attach the generic icon to this post but apparently I don't have permissions to do that.
                        Yeah, I was looking for a border, something to match the look and feel of the book without distracting too much from the text itself. I can also pull it straight out of the PDF itself, shouldn't be hard (or from Mr. Gone's character sheet).

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueWinds View Post

Yeah, I was looking for a border, something to match the look and feel of the book without distracting too much from the text itself. I can also pull it straight out of the PDF itself, shouldn't be hard (or from Mr. Gone's character sheet).

I like this dandelion watercolor: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3977660b09.jpg

I would just do a search for watercolor images you like, fade it and use it as part of the side bar. Keep the background white, the text black for easy reading.

I write things.

Comment

• I feel like there should be more fanfare, with the last charm tree done.

Ah well. Congratulations, regardless.

EX3 Craft Rewrite

-Chejop Kejak

Comment

• Congratulations! Well done! Amazing work!

Comment

• Congratulations on finishing! Thank you for putting so much hard work into this.

Comment

Working...
                                X