Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demons: What do they REALLY want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Keep in mind, we humans are "fully realized people," but we're driven by things outside of mere personhood as well - we're pushed to find and consume food and drink, engage in mating, find a safe place to use the bathroom, and so on.

    Having urges programmed into you doesn't make you less of a person, regardless of who or what did the programming.


    He/him

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

      Especially after it eats enough to explode into more of them. And now there's no more alcohol in the area.
      And then the local lord/deity which a hedonistic bent amd lehendary temper announces a visit to the area and you suddenly have a life or death quest to find a decent quantity before the official party arrives


      Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

      "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Keep in mind, we humans are "fully realized people," but we're driven by things outside of mere personhood as well - we're pushed to find and consume food and drink, engage in mating, find a safe place to use the bathroom, and so on.

        Having urges programmed into you doesn't make you less of a person, regardless of who or what did the programming.
        True, though when it comes to first circle demons I tend to reserve that depiction for demons that have achieved some sort of growth or status beyond their initial type. Default 1CDs I make a little less individual.

        Kind of like the way the mountain folk are described.


        Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

        "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

        Comment


        • #49
          They don't always act like individual, fully-realized people because they come from a society that goes out of its way to punish individuality in its lowest caste.


          He/him

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            They don't always act like individual, fully-realized people because they come from a society that goes out of its way to punish individuality in its lowest caste.

            That could work as well, it's just not how I interpret demons in my games.


            Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

            "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

            Comment


            • #51
              Do stomach bottle bugs not only consume toxins that are already inside of a person?


              I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                Do stomach bottle bugs not only consume toxins that are already inside of a person?

                No - they can consume anything tainted or poisonous.

                From BoS5:RoGD2

                Stomach bottle bugs not busy with such work haunt the taverns of the Demon City and plead for entry in childlike voices. They sometimes manage to swarm the establishments, drinking the alcohol from every bottle and from within other demons. Many demons hate sesseljae for this and often kill them on sight.


                Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

                "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

                Comment


                • #53
                  I am going to borrow this idea to fight Guild's drug trade.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Thank you to everyone who posted some positive feedback about my scenarios. I was tidying up a couple of them to send to a friend who was running a game and decided to create a blog to host these and other game ideas. If you're interested, you'll find the link in my signature. So far there's only a couple of scenarios there, but as I have 3 games going at the moment, I expect to populate it fairly quickly.


                    Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

                    "If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X