X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor of Wily Murk (Chain Shirt ***)

[INSERT BACKSTORY HERE]

Evocations of the Armor of Wily Murk

An Exalt who attunes the Armor of Wily Murk gains an automatic success on the larceny roll to conceal it.

Hidden by Glare or Darkness Method
    Cost: 5m,2wp; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Mute
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisites: None

Ignore all penalties to stealth based roll.

Assassin’s Agility Prana
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 2
    Keywords: Mute, Uniform
    Prerequisites: Hidden by Glare or Darkness Method

Supplements an attack made by another ability, if that attack is made from stealth it counts as an ambush.

Cover of Darkness Approach
    Cost: ???; Mins: Essence 3
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Mute
    Duration: Indefinite
    Prerequisites: Assassin's Agility Prana

Creates a fog of darkness that reaches to short range. Everybody in the cloud except the wearer takes a penalty to all awareness or perception rolls equal to the wearer's Essence.

-

It should be noted that I do not feel good about this artifact. The thematics seem confused, I'm not sure if the effects are in the right order, and overall it doesn't sit well with me. Any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aranfan View Post
      It should be noted that I do not feel good about this artifact. The thematics seem confused, I'm not sure if the effects are in the right order, and overall it doesn't sit well with me. Any advice?
      1) Come up with a simple dynamic or mechanic that you could probably build an Evocation set around. It should be fairly straightforward, and represent something that's true in-universe about the artifact. It's not a bundle of game mechanics (though it is that), it's also something actually physically true about the item. For Eye of the Storm, my original concept was "smokescreen stealth armor."
      2) Select a magical material that is thematically resonant with the core mechanic. For Eye of the Storm, I considered several other magical materials before settling on White Jade.
      3) Combine the two. You've got a core dynamic and a clear thematic space, mix them together and see what comes out.

Comment

• Bonecrusher, defender of Palanquin, Starmetal Goremaul ; Artifact 3:
        The Goremaul Bonecrusher is mounted on a two yard long haft of black ebony, strenghened by an network of thin starmetal wires entwining the heavy wood in patterns, that are almost impossible to follow with the eyes. The head is styled as an open framework of starmetal bands, embracing a block of white marble, into which the signs of the maidens have been cut.
        ----
        The Sidereal had forseen the fate of millions for decades and aeons, and as they knew fate, they made weapons well in advance of their eventual use. From the bones of a fallen beast from the first age, the forgotten ones made the marble for Bonecrushers head, from the fate of a royal family they grew the ebony tree that its shaft is made from and when a horror long forgotten struck in the dreaming sea a milennium ago, it was ready since years, wielded by one of the battle maiden's chosen. However, knowing it was not meant to leave Palanquin, the Sidereal left it in the hands of Gewlin, a local god of decay, to hold it until a worthy one would awaken and slay the last of the horrible monsters that had invaded back then. Now... This time has come.
        ----
        The Goremaul can be wielded by any celestial exalt, but can not leave the archipellagio that Palanquin raises above. If someone tries to bring it away - either by carrying it or by trying to summon it to such a place from Elsewhere - Bonecrusher stops to be attuned to him and immediately reappears in the tomb where Gelwlin keeps it safe.

Evocations:
        Speech from Beyond
        Bonecrusher can speak in the mind of its wielder through flashes of past lifes, but it only does so if the wielder is either a Sidereal or has fed it with at least 15 initiative through Feast of Decay on the same day.
        Feast of Decay
        Cost: - Mins: Essence 2
        Type: Reflexive

If wielded in battle, Bonecrusher longs to feed its hunger for the undead and the unchanging. If an attack on the wielder fails, it glows up and tendrils of starlight stretch for the opponent, consuming 1 initiative for each 1 in the enemy's attack roll. The maximum initiative it can feed on per round is the wielder's essence or 3, whichever is higher. Should the wielder be a Sidereal Exalt, Bonecrusher adds half of that (rounded down) to the user's initiative. In case the opponent is undead, there is no maximum ammount Bonecrusher can consume.

Comment

• Warplate of Primeval Glory (Artifact ●●●●● Green Jade & Moonsilver Articulated Plate)

This ancient armour was created at the dawn of the Exalted, one among countless weapons forged to arm the Celestial host against beings of untold might. Its soul was bathed in the blood of beings older than the world itself and its first memories are of exulting in acts of unimaginable audacity and carnage as Creation itself was bled in this war.

It grew to crave glory and the most savage parts of battle, the thrill of throwing oneself against impossible odds and achieving things that would break the minds of mortals. For all of the power that it offered it was not frequently worn during the First Age for its vicious nature often proved as damaging to the world around it as it did to its foes, that it began to appear in an ever-growing series of engagements was just one of the innumerable signs of the Sun-Kings growing madness. The ancient city of Sil’Vat was where its final bearer met her end at the hands of her soldiers even as her rage brought the city down with her, the Warplate still lies at the bottom of the vast mountain of marble rouble now known as White Sil.

Despite its vicious nature the armour itself is in fact quite mesmerizing to behold, intricate murals run across his form. The murals of silver beasts and green vines seem to illustrate countless encounters versus predator and prey speak, exulting in the nature of competition and the glory of the victor. The armour itself has a simplicity to its outline which favours efficiency of action. It is tradition for this those who wear the armour to be referred to as War-Beasts.

Evocations of the Warplate of Primeval Glory
          Attunement: Committing an additional three motes when attuning, to treat all unarmed actions as Light Artifact, in addition while the Warplate is attuned all wound penalties are treated as one level less in severity, this explicitly stacks with any charm that renders a similar effect. However the Warplate deals one lethal level of damage when attuning or becoming unattuned.

Dragon-Devouring Lung Expansion
          Cost: 2wp Mins: Essence 1
          Keywords: None
          Duration: One Day

The war-beast howls as green jade digs into their lungs expanding their ability to respire essence for a single battle, this charm severely taxes the chakra’s of the exalt which take their toll after the heat of battle ends. Gain +(E/2, rounded up) motes per turn for the duration of a battle, take (Essence) levels of lethal damage at the end. Upon deactivation the Exalt takes (Essence) levels of lethal damage due to the punishing nature of this charm.
          Repeated usage of this charm in the same area will eventually begin to make the life in the area wither away as it is drained of essence.

Triumphant Underdog’s Roar
          Cost: - Mins: Essence 2
          Type: Permanent
          Duration: Permanent
          Prerequisites: Dragon-Devouring Lung Expansion

There is no glory in overcoming a weakling, but the euphoria of overcoming a far greater foe is truly unspeakable. After successfully grappling a foe of an Essence rating at least two dots greater than that of the Exalt immediately regain one temporary willpower.

Reality-Shattering Grip
          Cost: Varies Mins: Essence 3
          Prerequisites: Triumphant Underdog’s Roar

Howling with suicidal audacity the exalt grapples what most men could not comprehend attacking and essence rips through their body as they do the impossible. This charm can be used in one of two ways, first it can be used to supplement any Brawl-based action targeting an immaterial or titanic being by paying 3m, 1wp for every two dots of Essence by which the target outranks the solar, rounded down.

The second use of this charm is to supplement Feats of Strength against enormous targets or targets which are not solid (rivers, clouds, etc.). This is paid in the same fashion as the primary usage of the charm with Essence being treated as equivalent to (rank on Feat of Strength table/3, rounded down).

This Charm explicitly ignores any difficulties that may be caused by the targets nature. Furthermore, should the exalt already know Titan-Straightening Method they may forgo the Willpower cost of this charm.
          Last edited by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu; 07-13-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• My pirate captain has one Surging Monsoon goremaul. It's a mostly orichalcum hammer retrieved from the depths, during a scavenge gone awry.
            It's themed around, as the name says, sudden storms and tides, and the motion associated with those things.

I want to build for it evocations around area attacks, bonuses against battlegroups and stormy weather. Ultimately it'll be able to evoke an actual monsoon and capitalize on that.
            Right now we have the attunement bonus: Solars attuned to Surging Monsoon waive the defense penalty for smashing attacks.

Comment

• Hello all, can anyone provide some assistance for creating an armor that allows you to summon the equivalent of mortal thrown weapons? I was thinking Darts, as Javelins would be slipping into melee although that would be just as good

Comment

• I'd like some feedback on custom evocations for a spell in my game, I'v never written evocations myself before, so I'd like some feedback.
                To start, the spell is called Mantle of the Fire Dragon, and is mechanically wood dragon's claws, except it is fire, and uses thrown instead of brawl. The character I'm playing that I want these for is a sorcerer who specializes in fire magic and was raised by fire elementals.
                My out-of-character goals with these evocations are to get a useful and fun set of abilities that are mostly used to bolster withering attacks (we have encountered several high soak opponents so far and I'd like to have a bit more on tap for dealing with that), and the native thrown tree doesn't really have much on the withering damage side either. After the details of each evocation is my thinking behind it.

Gathering The Flames
                Cost: 1m; Mins: Essence 1
                Keyword:
                Duration: One Scene
                Prerequisite Charms: None
                This evocation allows the sorcerer who has mastered Mantle of the Fire Dragon to stoke the flames generated by that spell, coaxing them to even greater heights. The sorcerer gains a charge of Gathered Flame to a maximum of Essence. Each charge adds 1 to withering damage (pre-soak) and later charms may expend them for dramatic effects. This charm may only be used once per turn.
                This is meant to be a slow-ish build up effect to have a little bit more oomph for long fights as well as a resource to leverage with further evocation.

Fire-Stoked Strike
                Cost: 1m/die ; Mins: Essence 2
                Keyword: Withering-Only
                Prerequisite Charms: Gathering The Flames
                The Sorcerer channels their passions into the flame, fueling it's rage. This evocation allows the sorcerer to enhance an attack made with the flames against a target towards whom the sorcerer has a negative intimacy or who has attacked someone the sorcerer has a positive intimacy towards. The Sorcerer adds one die per mote to the post-soak damage. The sorcerer may add a maximum number of dice equal to his current charges of Gathered Flames.
                This is a straight-up damage adder, since the native solar charmset seems to lack those for some inexplicable reason, it is basically just fire-and-stones strike re-skinned for flames.

Falling Ember Rain
                Cost: 6m 1wp 2+charges ; Mins: Essence 3
                Prerequisite Charms: Fire-Stoked Strike
                The Sorcerer releases the fires they have been building up in a vortex of flame. This Charm generates a number of withering attacks equal to the number of charges spent (the charges do not add to the damage of these rolls) These attacks can be at multiple targets or the same target. The Sorcerer gains only half the normal amount of initiative (rounded up) that they would normally gain from each attack.
                I wanted a multiattack charm and based this one off of Errant Orbit Scythe from Black wind.

The Flame's Resolve
                Cost: 2m ; Mins: Essence 1
                Keyword: none
                Prerequisite Charms: Gathering The Flames
                The true flame that burns in the heart does not fear conflict or turn away, the sorcerer may add his current charges as a bonus to resolve against any social influence or mental effect that would cause him to flee the battlefield.
                To date all of the combats my character has used this spell in have been ones he could have walked away from but chose not to, I'm trying to reflect his choices in its growing legend.

The Fire Does Not Fade
                Cost: 1+ charges ; Mins: Essence 2
                Keyword: None
                Prerequisite Charms: The Flame's Resolve
                The Sorcerer can feed the fires around them into their passions, burning away magical effects that would compel him to alter his course. The Sorcerer may spend any number of charges in place of willpower points to resist mental effects or social influence.
                This seemed like a decent extension of the themes from Flame's Resolve, tying it into the Gathered Flames mechanic. Not sure if this should be permanent or a reflexive charm?

Cataclysm
                Cost: 5m 1wp all charges; Mins: Essence 3
                Prerequisite Charms: Falling Ember Rain, The Fire Does Not Fade
                The Sorcerer gathers all of the flames around him and purges them in one cataclysmic detonation that leaves opponents fleeing or broken. This is a withering attack against a battle-group, that does double damage after rolling. Each charge expended adds one automatic success to the attack and damage rolls (After doubling)
                Not too sure about the mechanics of this one, it might be a bit too powerful, or maybe not considering things like Leaping Tiger Attack exist. In any event I really wanted a charm to represent a huge fire falling on a battle-group.
                Last edited by satoshi; 07-14-2016, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• Hello all, I was looking at Righteous Devil Style and thinking of ways to expand it's use with another martial art unfortunately you are restricted to using White Reaper normally, so I thought how about a pair of artifact pistols that allow other martial arts to be used with them, when in hand to hand? So I wrote these up in about an hour, so does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to keep them conceptually clean without completely breaking the game with their evocations, and special ability.

(PEACH)

The Twin Dragons
                  These Red Jade, Star Metal, and Orichalum artifact flame pieces were crafted for the legendary Silver Flame, a night caste of some repute who used them to quell a number of criminal organizations, before finally being killed in the death throes of the Black Goat with a Thousand Young, after striking the final blow. (HP Lovecraft Reference) Placed with reverence in the tomb of the Silver Flame, these have been lost to Creation for nearly 2 millennia and were recently looted by a Scavenger Lord working for a House Ragara.

Twin Dragons:
                  -Artifact 4 (Artifact 3 for only one)
                  -Attunement: 5 (8 as a pair)
                  -Medium Artifact Weapon
                  -Tags: Lethal, Archery (Short), Flame, Mounted, One-Handed, Slow

-Special: When used as a pair they are allowed to function as artifact chopping swords for the purposes of martial arts charms using the following stats. While still being allowed to use Righteous Devil Style charms if using Righteous Devil Form.

Twin Dragons:
                  -Medium Artifact Weapon
                  -Tags: Lethal, Martial Arts, Chopping

Evocations:
                  Twin Dragons Roar
                  Cost: 2m ; Mins: Essence 1
                  Keyword: Counter-attack, Decisive
                  Prerequisite Charms: None
                  Fluff: Having lost their owner once they roar in triumph when used to strike aside attacks meant to harm their attuned wielder.
                  Mechanics: When the wielder successfully strikes with a clashing attack, he may make a decisive attack using the weapons ranged attacks stats.

Dragon's Unblinking Eyes
                  Cost: 3m ; Mins: Essence 2
                  Keyword: none
                  Prerequisite Charms: Twin Dragons Roar
                  Fluff: The dragons are awake once more, and shall remain vigilant using their claws to punish the Unjust.
                  Mechanics: When making a melee attack in which you get a bonus for aiming, add Essence non-charm dice to the attack roll.

Comment

• Okay, so if I get this right, these are Flame Pieces that, if wielded as a pair, can also function as Reaver Daiklaves

Which is a little weird given that those are usually wielded two-handed, but let's not nitpick.

The really weird part is that the evocations read more like daiklaves with a gunslinger twist.

Originally posted by Citadel97501 View Post
                    Mechanics: When the wielder successfully strikes with a clashing attack, he may make a decisive attack using the weapons ranged attacks stats.
                    So, I'm not sure if I get what makes this worthwhile. Close Range is terrible for Archery (as opposed to being optimal for Thrown), and even if it weren't, the decisive attack has no weapon accuracy modifiers, nor does it add to its damage.

This one needs to go back to the drawing board unless I'm really missing something.

Clash is a solid point to work with here in the evocations (of which I honestly think there should probably be more)--ideally, a wielder is carrying both at once, meaning they already get a bonus to their Clash pools.

These also have a quirk inasmuch as most artifact weapons have some sort of benefit just for attuning them. Sometimes it's a small bonus, sometimes it's an evocation already unlocked. But these lack that. If that's a deliberate decision, that's fine. But I'm just noting it for now.
                    Last edited by Mockery; 07-15-2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Well Reaver Daiklaves are only 1 handed, the evocation isn't that terrible for flame weapons as they ignore the penalty anyway and its a free out of action attack similar to One Weapon Two Blows but requires clashing which seemed OK to me, but I might be biased.

Comment

• I made this thing:
                        Peace:
                        (Soulsteel Reaper Daiklave, Artifact ••••)
                        Once upon a time there was a great, Old Realm built upon the broken backs of slain Titans, Then there was great uprising and the Old Realm was no more.

Once upon a time there was a great Shogunate built upon the broken back of a golden age. Then there was a great contagion and the Shogunate was no more.

Once upon a time there was an Age of Sorrows built upon the broken back of a Shogunate. Then there will be a final sigh and the Age of Sorrows will be no more.

This is the story told by the blade known as Peace, a wickedly sharp Soulsteel Reaper Daiklave. It’s blade is completely black, light doesn’t reflect, the dirt carried on wind leaves no impression on it, not even the faces of the dead can be seen in it. Only a single scripture in inlaid meteoric iron may be glimpsed upon the blade:

“Once there was a dying maiden
                        She was very sick
                        Her father tried to help her by stealing
                        But he was thrown in prison
                        Then her mother resorted to selling herself
                        But she was scorned and cast away
                        Then the maiden pleaded for her life
                        But nobody answered her prayers
                        “Such is my lot in life” Said the maiden who was Creation”

The blade has participated in many battles, most importantly it served in the hands of one of the Deathknights who aided in the taking of Thorns for the Mask of Winters, it has slain five Dragon-Blooded, one of each Aspect, and their blood colors the inscriptions in the blade a fine red.
                        The original owner of the blade is long dead, slain by the arrows of vengeful Dragons, but his blade remains, lodged in the corpse of a dead Deathknight. The blade lies alone in a grove to the southeast of Thorns, where it’s presence has formed a minor Shadowland, the hungry ghost of it’s previous owner yet defends it with tooth and claw, but even he cannot protect it forever.

Evocations of Peace
                        A Solar or Abyssal attuned to Peace gains An End to Dreams at no cost, other Exalts must awaken it as usual.

An End to Dreams
                        Cost: -; Mins: Essence 1
                        Keywords: Decisive-Only, Perilous
                        Prerequisite:Charms: None
                        Life is a dream, filled with pain and woe, blood and tears. If a creature is slain by Peace, it is destroyed permanently, even if it would otherwise not be killed. Against effects such as Dual Magus Prana, roll your Essence against the target’s Essence. If he succeeds, he does not die, and if you succeed, murderous Essence will strike him down, even if his effect prevents this.

An End to Thoughts
                        Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
                        Keywords: Psyche, Decisive-Only, Mute
                        Prerequisite:Charms: An End to Dreams

Thought is a curse, knowledge fills it’s bearer with sorrow and pain. This Charm may be used, when a target would take a Crippling wound instead of dying, it allows the target to take an Intimacy of Reverence towards Oblivion with a strength depending on the severity of the wound, instead of taking an injury.

1-2 health levels: Minor.
                        3-4 health levels: Major.
                        5+ health levels: Defining.
                        This Intimacy is permanent, and can only be removed through powerful magic, or at the Storyteller’s discretion.

An End to Difference
                        Cost: Varies; Mins: Essence 2
                        Keywords: Psyche, Decisive-Only
                        Prerequisite: Charms: An End to Dreams

Difference is a lie, all are part of a greater Unity that must be remade before Creation finally can close it’s tired eyes and die, the wielder may use this Charm to cut away diseases of the mind. For the wielder to use this Charm, the victim must be incapacitated or restrained in some fashion, she must then spend (15 - victim’s Willpower + severity of Derangement) motes and make an attack roll against the victim’s Resolve, she uses his Willpower as his “health rating” when she fills his Willpower with damage he loses a point of Willpower and his Derangements severity is lowered by one. For the purposes of this Charm, mutations count as derangements, and their dot rating counts as Severity.
                        Last edited by ManusDomine; 07-15-2016, 04:28 AM.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

• Feecback on MagnusDomine`s last artifact

An End to Dreams
                          Cost: -; Mins: Essence 1
                          Keywords: Decisive-Only, Perilous
                          Prerequisite:Charms: None
                          Life is a dream, filled with pain and woe, blood and tears. If a creature is slain by Peace, it is destroyed permanently, even if it would otherwise not be killed. Against effects such as Dual Magus Prana, roll your Essence against the target’s Essence. If he succeeds, he does not die, and if you succeed, murderous Essence will strike him down, even if his effect prevents this.
                          This is a WAY too powerful and cheap effect for an essence 1 evocation. Your negating an essence 5 charm, gated behind god knows how many craft charms and that costs a bucket load of white experience points, if you manage to beat the opponent in a essence roll. And this costs you nothing and you can do this all day long. I am posting soon my draft of an N/A artifact and I have a bit more beefed up version of this effect as an essence 6 evocation...

The second evocation has a cool modification on the crippling mechanic.
                          Last edited by Volivat; 07-17-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                            I don't have any immediate ideas, but I look forward to seeing it. I have no sense of appropriateness for N/A level artifacts so I won't touch them with a 5 foot pole. Also I would never give one of my players such a weapon, and if an NPC were using it, I'd just make up the numbers without rules anyways. But I'd be fascinated by your direction.
                            Finally finished my draft for the N/A artifact. I would love your thoughts on it.

To all others:

Any feedback on this artifact would be greatly appreciated, and I am more than willing to look over one of your own artifacts to give feedback if you deign to give mine some. Feedback on mechanics, evocation names and story, all is fair game

My take on designing N/A artifacts is that their evocations should follow standard evocations design norms as much as possible, so an essence 1 evocation should be as powerful as any 3-5 dot artifacts essence 1 evocation. The N/A aspect comes into play utilizing higher essence charms (6+) or unique evocations that break the norm. In this example I have an essence 5 charm that boosts the wearers essence by 1 for unlocking new evocations for this artifact. That plus the two essence 6 evocations is what gives this artifact the N/A rating in my opinion. Would love to hear others take on this...

Also N/A artifacts should be really unique and thematically appropriate for its N/A. I have tried to avoid making this into a "I Win" kill-stick.

Divine Annihilation – Short Daiklave – N/A Artifact

Divine Annihilation is imbued with the Unconquered Suns excellence at destruction and the raw force of Solar sorcery. Forged in the holy fires of heaven, celestial capital of Zen-Mu. Quenched in the blood of enemies of creation. Its sole purpose is divine destruction at the behest of its maker.

A short orichalcium daiklave with blood red sorcerous runes etched into both sides of the blade.

During the time of tumult a newly exalted twilight watched in despair as the world was delving into chaos as factions fought over control of dwindling resources and ignored the threats the enemies of creation posed. Even worse was the unforgiveable sin of hunting down Solars. He sought to create a weapon that would channel his rage and divine authority into destruction of the enemies of creation and those who would oppose him.

It is made of Orichalcium and can only be used by Solars.

Evocations of Divine Annihilation

A Solar who attunes to Divine Annihilation and pays an additional 3 motes when attuning increases the overwhelming stat by +1 and treats opponents whom the bearer have a major/defining tie of hatred towards as CoD.

Successful withering/decisive attacks generates one Charge each, max six per two rounds. Crashing an opponent or causing a rout check for a battle group generates two Charges.

Hateful Obliteration Strike
                            Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
                            Keywords: Withering-only

The runes on the blade starts to glow with a reddish hue and the bearer channels his rage and hatred into the strike.

The wearer adds raw damage dice equal to the value of a negative intimacy against the opponent.
                            Against CoD the mote cost is reduced by 1.

None Shall Oppose
                            Cost: 3m, 2i; Mins: Essence 2
                            Keywords: Uniform, Clash-only

Blue lightning dances around the blade and even the smallest touch by the blade delivers a massive current that sends the opponent flying.

Clash attacks are made with the smash rules.

Glorious Havoc Tempest
                            Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
                            Keywords:
                            Duration: Scene
                            Prerequisites: Hateful Obliteration Strike, None Shall Oppose

The swords runes starts to glow ominously and the sky above darkens. A strong and warm wind starts blowing around the bearer.

Upon activating this charm, the Charges provided by different actions starts to count. Being crashed reduces enough Charges to reduce the level of Charges by two. The same goes for each round of being disarmed. Each health level lost reduces the amount of Charges by one.

Only the mechanical effects of the amount of charges in the sword is adjusted up and down. The narrative only builds in strength and remains at the highest charge level until the sword is sheathed or the bearer is incapacitated.

3+ Charges – The runes on the sword are glowing and arches of lightning can be seen rising from the blade as it gets warmer with each successful strike.
                            No effect.

6+ Charges –The skies above starts to darken and there is little sunlight emerging through the layer of black clouds. The wind is getting stronger and blows intensely around the bearer of the sword.

Anyone within close range suffers -1 modifier from the strong wind and ranged attacks suffer the same penalty.
                            A dark thunderstorm emerges in the sky above the bearer of the artifact and extends out to medium range.

10+ Charges – The skies glows ominously red and lightning strikes the ground now and then. Even the noon sun cannot create more light than during twilight through the thick dark skies above.

Anyone within medium range suffers -1 modifier from the strong wind.
                            The thunderstorm extends out to long range.

16+ Charges – The lighting intensifies and the thunder drowns out anyone who does not yell. Strong winds with the heat of a forge sweeps the battlefield.

Anyone within long range suffers -2 modifier from the strong wind and heat.
                            The thunderstorm extends out to 1 miles in radius.

20+ Charges – The heat from glowing skies permeate everything on the ground. Small droplets of water evaporates and larger pools of water give off vapor.

Anyone within extreme range suffers -2 modifier from the strong wind and heat.
                            The thunderstorm extends out to 2 miles in radius.

26+ Charges – The skies blocks out all sunlight. It would be pitch black where it not for the fires in the sky.

Anyone within extreme range suffers -3 modifier from the strong wind and heat..
                            The thunderstorm extends out to 5 miles in radius.

Hallowed Bolt of Abolition
                            Cost: 7m, 1wp, 10 Charges; Mins: Essence 4
                            Keywords: Perilous
                            Prerequisites: Glorious Havoc Tempest

The sword is raised towards the sky and the bearer utters his judgement “burn” in old realm. A scarlet red lightning bolt from the sky strikes the sword and thousands of electrical arcs dances outward from the sword searing anyone nearby.

All within close range must succeed a reflexive disengage check diff 5 or be subject to a holy fire environmental damage (Lava environmental rules)

Damage to CoDs is aggravated and knocks them prone.

Any combustible structure in close range catches fires. Any other material`s surface is scarred.

Heavenly Holocaust
                            Cost: 8m, 1wp, 16 Charges; Mins: Essence 4
                            Keywords: Perilous, Decisive-only
                            Prerequisites: Glorious Havoc Tempest

The sword`s red runes glow intensely as it is raised and slashed in the direction of its target. The skies above his enemies ignites and rains holy fire upon them.

Anyone within long range is a valid target. This attack is unblockable and undodgeable to battlegroups. It is unblockable to anyone else. Anyone within short range of the target is hit as well.

Extra successes on the attack roll adds to base damage of 16 for Non-Exalts and 8 for Exalts.

Damage to battlegroups is doubled.

Destruction Incarnate
                            Cost: —; Mins: Essence 5
                            Duration: Permanent
                            Prerequisites: Heavenly Holocaust, Hallowed Bolt of Abolition

The power of Divine Annihilation is too great to be completely contained within itself. The destructive powers bleed off into the wearer causing strange effects…

For meeting the essence requirement of evocations for this artifact the bearer’s essence is treated as one higher.

While the sword is drawn the wearer scorches any ground he steps on. Combustible materials catches on fire and non-combustible material crumbles. The wearer is immune to any fires created by the evocations of the sword.

Empyreal Assault
                            Cost: 20m, 2wp, 26 Charges; Mins: Essence 6
                            Keywords: Decisive-only
                            Prerequisites: Destruction Incarnate

“Nothing shall remain. Not your memory or name. It will be as though you never ever lived.” The bearer points the sword at his enemy and intense yellow lightning arches to its target, burning their body before exploding those whom blood flows through and burning anything else to slag.

Decisive attack against an enemy within long distance. Add permanent willpower and value of any tie of hate towards opponent as damage dice, 10s count as double on decisive roll.

The attack is undodgeable and unblockable without magic. It affects dematerialized beings as if they were materialized. If the damage inflicted takes the opponent to incapacitated then he/she/it dies regardless of special rules stating otherwise in terms of living after hitting incapacitated, their soul/spirit torn apart. It would be if as they had never ever existed.

Special Activation Rules:
                            Only once per season.

Anyone who witnesses the effects of the evocation Empyreal Assault gains a minor tie of fear if they are hostile to the bearer of the artifact or a minor tie of awe if their views of him are neutral/positive. If they already have such a tie, it is strengthened one level.

Divine Judgement
                            Cost: 20m, 2wp, 26 Charges; Mins: Essence 6
                            Prerequisites: Empyreal Assault

The bearer judges the enemies of creation and those who oppose him.
                            The fires in the skies grows in strength and a massive tornado emerges out of the sky. In the eye of the storm stands the bearer of Divine Annihilation.

At the instance the bearer utters his judgement, “Death”, the tornado ignites.

Anyone within long range of Divine Annihilation must pass a str + athletics test diff 4 and 5 for CoD to avoid being sucked into the tornado and subjected to the holy lava environmental hazard for 3 rounds as they are lifted into the air and shot out of the tornado at extreme range from the ground. If they perish within the tornado, only a fine ash is distributed out of the tornado.

The fire tornado lasts for 6 rounds. The strong winds pulling in others lasts only for 3 rounds. A success on the str+ ath test makes you safe unless you move within long range of the bearer of the artifact.

Any combustible materials within long range that is not worn catches fire due to the intense heat radiation from the firestorm.
                            The storm dissipates over the next hour after this evocation is used. Glorious Havoc Tempest cannot be used until the sun rises and sets again.
                            Last edited by Volivat; 07-17-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Idris; The Graceful Heart of Purpose (Artifact Long Spear)
                              The Ardent Lord of an obscure eastern jungle tribe living in the bows of an ancient manse. Idris was a Fae living his dream of mighty conquest justifying his rule; the unique properties of the manse empowered its denizens and he used their archaic beliefs to insinuate himself as a god amongst them. A being to be worshiped and feared, and fed. All this changed when his reach extended past his grasp and the deprivations of his followers caught the attention of a young circle of Solar Exalted. Fearing for his existence, Idris entered into negotiations with the circle’s socialite and found himself convinced of her new path - one of cooperation and unity learned by conquering the game of Serpents and Foxes. The oath he swore has bound his physical form into that he felt most befitting their pact - a seven-foot fountain pen intended to leave the glorious tale of their partnership writ large upon the young Solar’s foes, and indeed, all Creation.

Idris now appears as a long wooden fountain pen, Seven foot long by the staff and another foot long at the nib. The staff is plain in appearance and thin like a spear’s haft, but the words and bindings of Idris’ pact are nestled amongst twisting vines and leaves lightly carved across its surface. Invisible normally, but as the Solar’s anima begins to shine and glow, so too do the words of their pact, lifting from its surface and coiling about it in silent recitation as the Solar’s iconic Anima begins to blaze about them.

Idris has the traits of a medium artifact weapon with the Melee, Lethal, Reaching and Two-Handed tags.

Attune: A solar that attunes to Idris adds the Linguistics tag to the weapon.
                              Sidebar - Linguistics:
                              This tag allows a wielder to use their skill in the Linguistics ability to make attacks with the weapon out to short range. These take the form of ephemeral illustrations and script that converge and assault the target. Linguistics attacks cannot be supplemented by charms of other abilities unless otherwise specified.

Evocations of Idris
                              Crook to the Opening Heart
                              Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1;
                              Keywords: Uniform
                              Drawing on the nature of the Raksha Diplomat, Idris and his partner are able to draw out the indulgences of their opponents as they weave their story around them. Successful damage dealt also counts as successes on a read intentions action. Overcoming the target’s guile automatically reveals one random intimacy.

Shackle to the Wayward Heart
                              Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 1;
                              Keywords: Withering-Only
                              Prerequisites: Crook to the Opening Heart
                              Continuing their synchronous dance about the Serpents and Foxes laid before them, Idris and his partner build the foundations of their glorious future by drawing their quarry right where they want them to be. The target of an attack supplemented by this Evocation has their defense reduced by the rating of the strongest intimacy known to Idris’s partner as if it was their Resolve being targeted by a social action (-1, -2 or -3 for Minor, Major or Defining respectively). Idris’s partner must stunt the attack to target this intimacy in some way.

Vessel to the Hesitant Heart
                              Cost: 8m; Mins: Essence 2;
                              Keywords: Decisive-Only
                              Prerequisites: Shackle to the Wayward Heart
                              Entertainers twist and contort to a subject’s desires but, like in the Raksha courts Idris and his partner make dreams reality and desire manifest with their waltz and salsa across the web of Creation. This charm is a difficulty 5 gambit that, if successful, inflicts the target with a persistent haunting daydream that saps a number of initiative equal to the strength of the intimacy targeted (2, 3 or 4 for minor, major or defining respectively). At the beginning of each action, the target can make a Wits + Integrity roll against a difficulty equal to half Idris’ Partner’s Linguistics + Manipulation + the Strength of the Intimacy, rounded up. Success ends the effect, but failure means they lose another 2, 3 or 4 initiative that turn.

Blade to the Conquered Heart
                              Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3;
                              Duration: Scene
                              Prerequisites: Vessel to the Hesitant Heart
                              With the triumphant clash of gossamer glass against steel, a warrior forces their foe to accept the reality of the danger they pose, slaying any doubt of threat under the fear of death and that is the final grace Idris offers his partner - their enemy’s heart laid bare and exposed, a thrust of their will closes the final doorway to their escape. This evocation can only be activated while an opponent is currently suffering under the effects of Vessel to the Hesitant Heart. The target becomes enclosed in phantom obstacles created by the ink of Idris that make their haunting daydreams as real to them as any object of creation. These obstacles prevent the target from taking movement actions of any kind and the targets of any attacks they might declare gain the benefits of heavy cover. The dream obstacles can be overcome by succeeding at a gambit with a difficulty equal to the Idris’ Partner’s Essence score + the strength of the intimacy targeted with the prerequisite effect. While under the effects of Blade to the Conquered Heart, any initiative lost through its prerequisite Evocation is gained by Idris’ Partner and the target may not make the Integrity roll to end that Evocation’s effects until they have ended the effect of this Evocation.
                              Last edited by Elkovash; 07-18-2016, 06:31 AM.

My Homebrew: Architect of the Regal Puppet Style (WIP) || Monkey Style || Radiant Halo of Incandescent Might || Pale Driver, Ruination of the Edifice of Tyranny || Sublime Percussion, Just a Whole lot of Fun || Idris, The Graceful Heart of Purpose

Comment

• It's been a while since I originally posted this so I figured I'd re-post it in its entirety. The issues that were pointed out by The Unsung Hero have been addressed and I received some input and tweaks from Binary Phantom on another low level evocation and a rework of the capstone evocation. Be interested in any feedback people might have on the updated grand goremaul.

Dissuaders Bulwark
                                ●●●● Artifact: Orialchum and White Jade Grand Goremaul

Origin
                                It is a known fact that when you start an ambitious project things don’t always turn out the way one would expect. Such is the case with Dissuaders Bulwark. In the high first age a Twilight artisan was commissioned by his circles Dawn to fashion him an impregnable shield. The twilight craftsmen at once started gathering materials from across creation, Shells from great sea beasts, Shards of the hardest crystal and white jade from the pole of earth itself. The craftsman tooled tireless, working day and night only taking a break during the hours of the early morning when the pure sunlight washed over his creation. When all was said and done the twilight was impressed with his work the finest he’d ever done and presented it to the dawn but there was one issue. In his creative stupor the Artifact he created was not the shield requested but a Grand Goremaul. While taken back on the item put before her the dawn was in awe at the majesty and strength emanating from the weapon. Taking it in hand she could feel this weapon would protect her better than any shield and it served her well in many battles. Had Dissuaders Bulwark been with her when the hands of fate closed in on her circle during the usurpation her attackers may not have faired as well, but alas now Dissuader sleeps awaiting another soul to protect

Appearance
                                Dissuaders Bulwark is a mighty Grand Goremaul Standing six feet high with a head two feet long and a foot in diameter. The weapon is an alloy of Orialchum and White Jade with a shaft wrapped in the hide of a long dead Behemoth and the pommel adorned in the shells of tortoises that call the pole of fire home. The head of Dissuaders Bulwark is fashioned of a castle atop a giant turtle with the head of the turtle agape with a giant rock in its mouth for the hammerhead and the tail as the spike. Where one would expect the eyes of the turtle two hearthstone sockets appear.

Attunement
                                Cost 2m: Any exalt who attunes to Dissuaders Bulwark for two motes may take Defend Other actions at short range

Evocations:
                                Anchor Howl
                                Cost: 4m, 2i
                                Mins: Essence 2
                                Keywords: Psyche
                                Duration: Three Rounds
                                Prerequisite Evocation: None
                                One Line Summary: The exalt who uses this evocation paints themselves as the target to anyone within long range and must be attacked or the attacker takes a penalty
                                To protect those around themselves the exalt must sometime draw all attention on herself. Upon activation the exalts anima flashes to burning level drawing all eyes to her. This charm interacts with the exalts anima making it impossible to ignore her must attack her. The charm effects all combatants within medium range who can visually see the exalt. Choosing to ignore the exalt and attack someone else incurs a 4 initiative penalty to the attacker. This charm lasts for three rounds and cannot be used again for 4 rounds .

The Gravity of Gravitas
                                Cost: 2m
                                Mins: Essence 2
                                Keywords: Uniform
                                Duration: 1 Blocked Attack
                                Prerequisite Evocation: None
                                One Line Summary: Any attack that overcomes the defense of a defend other action must attack the defender
                                Even the very weapons of attackers heed Dissuaders Bulwark when it chooses to protect another. While the wielder is acting under a defending other action, the wielder activate this evocation in response to an attack that overcomes their defense in an attempt to hit their ward. After subtracting the defense of the wielder, if the attack roll has fewer successes than the wielder’s Presence and the attacker can chose who to hit, the attack must target the wielder. After fully resolving the attack, the attacker loses 1 initiative.

Keystone of the Wall
                                Cost: 6m
                                Mins:Essence 3
                                Duration: One Scene
                                Prerequisite Evocation: Anchor Howl, The Gravity of Gravitas
                                One Line Summary: Slamming the ground the exalt sends ripples through the ground raising stone and earthen walls creating a funnel for all enemy combatants to the exalt
                                Sometimes drawing attention to yourself is not enough and you must defend your allies. Upon activating this charm the exalt channels her essence into Dissuaders Bulwark and brings it down upon the ground in front of her. From the Point of impact fissures expand out and two walls of earth and stone erupt from the ground. Each wall is the equivalent of short range in height made up of sharp ragged stone and earth and should be treated as an environmental hazard of 1L/round to move over should anyone attempt to scale it. Each wall extends to approximately long range in a wide “V” out from the exalt and leaves a close range gap between them where the exalt stands.

Castle of Stone
                                Cost: 4m, 1wp, 6i
                                Mins: Essence 3
                                Duration: Until next action
                                Prerequisite Evocation: Keystone of the Wall
                                One Line Summary: Once activated this evocation makes the exalt impervious to most damage but roots the exalt in place until his next round of combat
                                In the heat of combat it is sometimes necessary to find a moment to catch one's breath. When Caste of Stone is activated the exalt is routed in place and the her anima wraps around her making a protective shell. The exalt cannot move or be moved until her next action and is incapable of attacking as the shell binds her in place as well. She is treated as having a hardness of 15 and a soak of 15 till her next turn.

Charge of the Juggernaut
                                Cost: 10m, 1wp, 4i
                                Mins: Essence 4
                                Duration: One Action
                                Prerequisite Evocation: Guardian Wall
                                One Line Summary: The exalt moves and nothing can block its path

There are times when the immovable sets a course of its own, and heaven can do nothing to stop it. On a rush action, this evocation can be used to for the following benefits:
                                • This evocation allows for a rush action even if engaged, granting Athletics successes as -charm-dice to the wielder’s disengage actions for the duration of the rush.
                                • Barriers to their target splinter and crumble before their might. The wielder can crash through walls and other structures, subtracting successes equal to the highest strength requirement needed to punch through any intermediate barriers in their path.
                                • Any persons in the way of the wielder must evade the force of nature Dissuaders Bulwark has become. People in between the wielder and their victim must make a reflexive (wits + dodge) roll at difficulty 4 to avoid being trampled. Those who fail are knocked away one range band and suffer 5 initiative damage and 3 health levels of bashing damage. Anyone currently defending the target cannot dodge the attack but with a (Wits + Resistance) roll at difficulty 4 to not be knocked aside but will suffer the aforementioned initiative and bashing damage.
                                • On a successful rush, the wielder is impossible to escape. The victim of the rush cannot make a disengage action for the next 2 turns and, if they scored less than half of the successes than the wielder, they are knocked prone.
                                • If the wielder fails the rush, they may spend 5m, 2i to continue the effects of the charge through their next turn. In this case, the wielder must rush the same target on their next turn,
                                Last edited by ShadowMage; 07-18-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X