• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowanas
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker of the Yellow Path View Post
    Uhhhh....

I made the Reaper Expy Charms. Octopoid posted his First Striking Dawn Chakram right under my flame pieces.

Whooops. Oh Jesus, your name is even Walker of the Yellow Path. I should have noticed that, my bad. I'm sorry for incorrectly assigning your work to Octopoid.

Leave a comment:

• Aranfan
    replied
    So I am drawing a blank on an artifact idea and this seems like the proper thread to share. The artifact is a guitar for my Zenith. He was a good enough musician as a mortal that Malfeas invited him to hell to give a command performance, and he exalted during the event right in front of Malfeas, Ligier, et al. Sensing an opportunity to put a solar in his debt, Ligier made several artifacts for the Zenith including a 4 dot artifact guitar as a "proper instrument".

Thing is I'm stuck on what it should do and what it's possible evocations might be. I know I want it to be able to sound like any instrument, but that seems kinda tame for a 4-dot artifact so I need something else in addition. My current placeholder is TN6 for performance rolls involving it, but I'm not sure if that's appropriate. Also completely blanking on Evocations.

Help?

Leave a comment:

• Walker of the Yellow Path
    replied
    Originally posted by Rowanas View Post
    Octopoid, those are just Reaper's charms from Overwatch, aren't they? Now I'm going to have to look through your back catalogue to work out how many of your artefacts are from Overwatch.
    Uhhhh....

I made the Reaper Expy Charms. Octopoid posted his First Striking Dawn Chakram right under my flame pieces.

Leave a comment:

• Rowanas
    replied
    Octopoid, those are just Reaper's charms from Overwatch, aren't they? Now I'm going to have to look through your back catalogue to work out how many of your artefacts are from Overwatch.

Leave a comment:

• Binary Phantom
    replied
    So I finally got around editing Lakashim and am reposting it, seeing that it's been a while since it's initial post and I would like some additional feedback.

Lakashim, the Pulse of Life
    ●●●● Artifact: Green Jade Silken Armor

Origin

Among the tales written into the Immaculate Texts, there is one passage that relays the story of the first meeting Pasiasp and Sextes Jylis. They met on the shores of the Blessed Isle, where the last of the Immaculate Dragons labored to build a lighthouse to guide sailors safely away from hazardous reefs, and He Who Had Strewn Much Grass had just crossed the breadth of the isle by foot, the first step in his trek to heal the war-ravaged lands.
    They spoke of many things, they lamented the tragedies of the war, discussed the nature of their brethren, argued who had the greater task ahead of them, and rejoiced at their shared love of music. It was in that last subject, it is said, that they truly connected, singing, laughing, and trading songs, long into the night. It was under that moonlit night that they learned that neither had a greater quest than the other, for they shared the same goal: to renew Creation. For seven days they worked together, building and learning from one another and seven nights they shared their dreams, their fears, and, for a moment, the same heartbeat.
    It is this story that inspired Ragara Joran to make this beautiful piece of clothing for his beloved Ekoro, travelling far and wide from his home in Chanos to learn the elusive art of spinning jade into thread and collecting the materials needed for such a gift. Joran, sadly, never had a chance to give it to him. Ekoro was on business in Thorns when the city was besieged. Without a body ever recovered, Joran dutifully, if apprehensively, arranged for a memorial within his family mausoleum and his silken gift lies draped upon Ekoro’s chair in their library, awaiting the return of its intended owner.

Appearance
    Strands of green jade with the silk of some rare race of moth, found only near the Dreaming Sea, are woven into a dozen braided pairs that come together in a spiral on the wearer’s upper left chest, above the heart. In the center of the spiral sits a single hearthstone socket.

Attunement
    Additional Benefits Cost: 0m
    While wearing Lakashim, the wearer’s awareness rolls now ignore penalties from noisy environs.

Evocations

Hear the Pulse of Creation
    Cost: 5m, 1W
    Mins: Essence 2
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: None
    Duration: One Scene
    Prerequisite Charms: None
    One Line Summary: Sense all living things nearby, quick bump to defenses, and downgrade ambush and surprise attacks to surprise attacks and normal attacks, respectively

By closing their eyes and opening their senses to Lakashim, the wearer can hear the local beat of the Worldsong. For the rest of the scene, the wearer is aware of all the life around them, gaining a general sense of any creature with a functional heartbeat within medium range. This does not give them an exact location but will provide an accurate number of how many living beings are in each respective range band, whether visible or not. With this information, the wearer is also better armed against unexpected attacks done by those they’ve sensed, treating successful ambushes as surprise attacks, and successful surprise attacks as normal attacks, respectively.

Additionally, after activation, the wearer’s defense is considered 2 higher until their next turn or until their second turn if activated before combat begins and the wearer wins the join battle roll. At Essence 4, the sensory range upgrades to long range. Useable once per scene.

Pounding Dance of the Worldheart
    Cost: 3m + 1m for each additional use
    Mins: Essence 3
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Dual, Perilous
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Hear the Pulse of Creation
    One Line Summary: By moving in tandem with opponents, their withering attacks reward them with less initiative, gambits are more difficult to execute and cost more, and responding with a gambit costs no initiative.

Once in tune with the rhythm of the Creation, the wearer now moves with a grace that can only come from following the steps in the dance of all life. In a scene where the wearer has used Hear the Pulse of Creation, the wearer may activate this evocation against an incoming attack they can defend against. Against a withering attack, the attacker gains only half of the initiative lost (round up) from against the wearer and does not receive any bonus if they crash the wearer. The wearer loses the full amount of initiative, the attacker simply can’t seem to take advantage of the situation nearly as well as normal. Additionally, the wearer can use this evocation in reaction to a gambit against them, increasing the difficulty of the incoming gambit by 1. Consequently, this will cost the attacker an additional 1 initiative. For successful gambits with variable difficulty, the attacker reaps the reward of the pre-altered difficulty of the gambit instead of the new difficulty’s reward. In either case, the wearer can ignore the initiative cost to commit a gambit against the attacker on their next turn.

Finally, each use of Pounding Dance of the Worldheart within a scene increases the cost to use it again by 1 . The cost will be reset to 3 at the end of the scene and can be preemptively reset by a 2-point Performance-based stunt during combat.

Rebounding Inner Rhythm
    Cost: 7m 1W
    Mins: Essence 3
    Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Withering-Only, Counterattack
    Prerequisite Charms: Pounding Dance of the Worldheart
    One Line Summary: Upon crashing, make a withering counterattack and gain crash protection for 2 turns

Like the silence between heartbeats, sometimes the course of Lakashim falls to rise again with fiercer determination. Upon suffering initiative crash, the wearer can return the favor with a counterattack, making a withering attack that ignores an amount of the attacker’s defense equal to the amount of initiative below 1 the wearer is now, to a maximum of ignoring all but 1 defense. If the counterattack results in an initiative shift, the wearer cannot be crashed for the next 2 rounds, never dropping below 1 initiative despite the efforts of their opponents. Useable only once per opponent per scene.

One Pulse, One Soul, One Act
    Cost: -
    Mins: Essence 4
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: Perilous
    Prerequisite Charms: Pounding Dance of the Worldheart
    One Line Summary: When your action sync’s up with an ally’s attack, chance to share some successes between both of them
    When many things move in harmony and act as one, Lakashim beats loudest. After Hear the Pulse of Creation, whenever the wearer attacks an opponent on the same tick as an ally, they both may reroll an unsuccessful die once, sharing all successes rolled.

Example: Wearer rolls 2 successes and their ally rolls 0 successes. They both reroll one die apiece, both of which roll a 10, coming up with 4 successes between both of them. The wearer now has 7 successes and the ally has 4 successes.

All allies that have a pulse that are attacking the same target at the same time may partake in this reroll, adding their successes to the shared result, but must do so after all other reroll mechanics. None of the shared dice can trigger a botch, nor can they be target of magic that steals successes or treats their failures as successes for the opponent. Those who cannot reroll an unsuccessful die cannot partake.
    Last edited by Binary Phantom; 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X