Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Neomah turn predator if she could get away with it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Neomah turn predator if she could get away with it?

The Neomah want scraps of flesh and usually trade sex to get it. But if one became skilled at MA or just really proficient with melee would they tend towards a more direct route? What about one that was freed in Creation and could simply sneak up on mortals dematerialized?

It seems like it's not something they do normally, I'd guess they don't generally have the impetus to do it, they're just not very violent demons. But not all Neomah are typical Neomah, so potentially.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Even apart from it being in their nature to be courtesans, or the fact that they can use things like discareded skin flakes or semen, their magic to unravel flesh bloodlessly makes it unnecessary for them to acquire tissue through violence in any case.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

If you took a random prostitute and taught her krav maga, would she switch from prostitution to mugging as her primary way of earning money?

Comment

Sure.. it just won't be typical sex-toy demon as neomach is presented. But if you want present variation do not use one variant, try other:
          - scavenger -> stalking armies to get flesh from fresly dead or dying.
          - doctor .. if there is amputation to be made he is your .. demon.
          - duelist. Will duel for piece of victim flesh or one 'setting up' fight. If duelist loose fight he will make love with winner for one night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            Even apart from it being in their nature to be courtesans, or the fact that they can use things like discareded skin flakes or semen, their magic to unravel flesh bloodlessly makes it unnecessary for them to acquire tissue through violence in any case.
            Unless one had reasons for wanting to do so. Which is always possible.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Point is, the answer will vary as much as the Neomahs themselves do… which will vary a little based on the preferences of the ST and players, but should at least be "somewhat."

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Point is, the answer will vary as much as the Neomahs themselves do… which will vary a little based on the preferences of the ST and players, but should at least be "somewhat."
                Yeah agreed, this is a very general question that isn't suitable for general responses beyond "sure, there are probably a few neomah like this but it's not exactly a common thing for the whole species."

Unless you make a gang of them who do this or something.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

I can totally see a particular Neomah turning to violence due to her particular experiences and predilections. But it's not gonna happen just because someone taught her how to fight, because that'd be pretty silly - if nothing else, being a courtesan is generally a safer line of work than being a thug/mugger/serial killer/however else you might spin this hypothetical new career. Especially in hell, where there's a lot of extremely dangerous predators she'd have to compete with.

Comment

Also demons should have own tastes (if ST wants to present them as individuals )in expresing their nature. So one neomach prefer ceratain type of sex or partner (and we speak of demon not human so preference may be almost anyting) or exibit preference in creation certain types of creature , or components.
                    While other traits like say peference for violence is not in neomach nature it still may develop taste/distaste for it.
                    All of this just matter of adding depth to npc (who happens to be demon) if he is prominent in the story. No one cares on depth of npc bartender seriving drinks if he us meet/mentioned only in one scene.. briefly. My point is if demons must be unique if they are prominent in the story from my experience it makes pc more interested /atached (ewen in antagonistic way) with npc demon. Generic npc produces generic response from players.

Comment

I think a predatory Neomah (in the sneak-up-and-cut-off-your-flesh sense) would be as aberrant a psychology as a serial-killing human.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                        I think a predatory Neomah (in the sneak-up-and-cut-off-your-flesh sense) would be as aberrant a psychology as a serial-killing human.
                        Why ? Violence is not ruled out or reduced by neomach demon nature and Malfeas is not nice place (demons get along enough to live together) but in my feeling it's more violent place than creation. Look at way bloodapes reproducene week of dance full of pain. Hell is not nice place and creatures from there often aren't nice.
                        I do not think that hell culture shares same level of inhibiton to violence as human one.

In this case neomach doing sneak and cut off piece of you would be seen as .. thief?

Comment

Originally posted by Ludek View Post

Why ? Violence is not ruled out or reduced by neomach demon nature and Malfeas is not nice place (demons get along enough to live together) but in my feeling it's more violent place than creation. Look at way bloodapes reproducene week of dance full of pain. Hell is not nice place and creatures from there often aren't nice.
                          I do not think that hell culture shares same level of inhibiton to violence as human one.

In this case neomach doing sneak and cut off piece of you would be seen as .. thief?
                          Because they aren't blood apes, and explicitly wouldn't deal with demons if mating meant murder. The optimum tissues for their method of combining flesh are semen and menstrual fluids, so any neomah who isn't negotiating for those is making her work more difficult, not less..

Comment

Originally posted by Ludek View Post

Not all demons are alike, and Neomah are explicitly super-nice ever since their writeup in 1e Games of Divinity. Given what we know about the psychology of first circle demons, it would be even more aberrant for one to turn to wanton violence than it is for a human to turn serial killer (as 1CDs rarely exhibit character traits vastly different from their designed baseline compared to the vast diversity of human behaviors and traits).

The fact that the resulting demon would not stand out much from the masses of violent demons and thus few inhabitants of hell would bat an eyelash at her doesn't change what far cry it would be from their species' natural inclinations.

Comment

I wouldn't say super-nice, they're still bizarre and alien... but they're still not generally particularly violent. Again, I'm sure there'd be exceptions.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X