Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen Lea Sheppard View Post
    I'm trying to outrun Daredevil spoilers
    Hope this doesn't ruin anything for you, but that Matt Murdock guy? Turns out he was blind the whole time.

()

Comment

Hell's Kitchen is not actually a kitchen.

Comment

Daredevil isn't even a devil!

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

Well, I finished Daredevil, so back to spending all my free time practicing art again.

Comment

"Doctor" Erasmus Birthday, Back-Alley Sawbones, Twilight Caste

What was Heaven thinking when it conferred Exaltation upon Erasmus Birthday? Was it impressed by his sallow skin, ill-fitting robes, and sketchy dangling mustache? Intrigued by his innovation and bravery in attempting open-heart surgery on a concussed toddler using only a bottle of vodka, a tuna skeleton, and a folding chair? Inspired by his commitment to perfecting his theory of medicine, no matter how many test subjects I mean patients he had to go through on the way? Or did it just fear for the life of the kid he was about to pry open if he were to do so without the aid of phenomenal cosmic power? Whatever the case, Doctor Birthday now gains fame as a true hero of the slums. When no one else can save your sickly relative, rabid hamster, or alcohol-poisoned roommate, Doctor Birthday is there to help, with such revolutionary and incredible approaches as "drink this potion, I don't know for sure what it does but it's a promising color," "if we give you a couple extra feet then we won't have to worry about fixing the existing one," or "just trust me, pal, I'm a doctor." His treatments shouldn't work—couldn't work, couldn't possibly—but a Solar Exalt is truly capable of anything.

Image reference:

Currently Developing you know I should probably stop updating this field, I keep accidentally announcing things early
            Crowdfund Me Tha Illiad of MC Homer: a hip hop translation of Homer's Iliad

Comment

Oh, hey, I just noticed this thread. You already seem pretty good to me and it seems like you're picking really good studies to work on! As someone who has no facility at all with a pen, I like that stippling a lot.

Whenever I do digital art I get more and more frustrated until I delete it. Switching to physical media is an attempt to do an end-run around this.
              I've been doing something a bit similar to this recently and while I'm not nearly good enough to have real advice, I do recommend you not wait until you're happy with your style before trying to work digitally, because there really are a whole lot of new things to learn and it'll be really frustrating to try to learn them when you already have your physical-media style just the way you like it. But...yeeeah I can relate a lot.

This has actually been really instructional. I've done about six different sketches of Chejop's character, who in my head looks like a cross between Korra, Samantha Wright, Ashol-Pan (Google her), and a genderflipped Shan Yu from Mulan, and I've hated all of them. And because I'm trying to do a piece worthy of finishing, I'm drawing on good paper, which means every time I half-finish a sketch and realize it won't do, I erase it.
              I can't not picture Kejak as late-life George Carlin, Master of Seven Dirty Words Style.

Comment

So are the pictures Pm'd to us or are they posted somewhere else?

Comment

If I ever actually do any, I'll post them here, but for now the project is on indefinite hold while I re-learn to draw. I swear I used to be better at this, but likely I just used to be less self-critical.

Comment

Allow me to add one more potential sketch to the pyre either way.

"The Baron" Munchausen is a Noble Raksha Eshu older than creation that is all about creating tall tales (some of which are true) and trying to become an exalt himself. The Baron currently can't decide if he should look more like a solar or dragon-blooded and so he has chosen both. The Baron looks in his 30's stands 6'5 tall with perfectly tanned skin bearing heavy fire aspect markings with long sleek red hair and a chiseled jaw. He wears Robed Plate mail with a sunburst emblem that has flaming tendrils that etch themselves across the entirety of his suit. He changes melee weapons regularly so feel free to choose whatever, if any. No matter what angle you look at The Baron he looks like he's posing regally for a painting.

Comment

To add my own in hopes of a picture.
                      Ophris Jushiro is an assassin and spy, serving the interests of his family in far off locales ripe for conquering in the area surrounding Prasad. He has pale aqua, bordering on white hair and skin like snow. He wears silken armor of deep black with trimming of silver and the design of a seven headed serpent on the back and chest, that looks something between a kimono (complete with hakama) and a martial arts gi. He received his training from the serpentine shadow god, Seven Coiling Shadows, who taught him the snake and ebon shadow styles in addition to the assassin arts.
                      Seven Shadows looks like seven different huge snakes (ones a viper, another a cobra, etc) made of smoke-like shadows that seem almost like they are made of coiling tendrils. Each speaks in a different voice but all are the same god.
                      (he also has a belt of shadow walking that looks more like a kimono sash, if that's important at all)

Comment

That's some Labyrinth necromancy there, bro.

Comment

Yeah, I'm afraid he stopped doing it 2 years ago.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

Well if he looks a bit deeper and find the one I made I might actually oblige him due to respect for sheer tenacity.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Yeah, this went nowhere. Instead of putting time into improving my drawing, I got into painting miniatures.

Comment

That is also fun.
                                Though after the warhammer fantasy scene died most of my figurines have been boxed.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Working...
                                X