Gods of Egypt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gods of Egypt

Sooo.... Am I the only one considering seeing God of Egypt to mine it for artifacts/charm ideas?

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Well I'm definitely not paying MONEY to see it. But I'll probably watch it on Netflix when that happens and for exactly those reasons, yes.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I saw deadpool last week, and going there I saw these huge posters and cardboard promos for this movie and I was so hyped!

And then the trailer came around and I lost my hype. It just seems so.... bland? I don't know, it didn't impress me :/ Maybe when it's in DVD I'll look at it and mine it for cool stunts and artifacts.

Glorious Useless-Post Prana
      Cost: 2m; Mins: Linguistics 1, Essence 1 Type: Simple
      Keywords: Mute
      Duration: Instant
      Prerequisite Charms: Ten-Characters Methodology

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
        Well I'm definitely not paying MONEY to see it. But I'll probably watch it on Netflix when that happens and for exactly those reasons, yes.

Yeah. I don't want to vote for the movie with my dollars. Though as I think about it, I imagine all the cool effects will be made into GIFs or can be seen on YouTube.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

Seems like another shallow blockbuster similar to Dracula Untold imo. But....!

Gerard Butler with exposed thighs, um huuuum...

Gerard Butler wearing angry puppy armor, huuurrgh.
          Last edited by Jen; 02-26-2016, 01:14 PM.

Comment

I won't lie, Dracula Untold gave me a few cool evocation ideas, so that definitely reminded me not to dismiss terrible movies outright. They may have cool evocation effects!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Looking at that gif even more closely, I have a question. Is ass bump armor the equivalent of breast bump armor?

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
                Looking at that gif even more closely, I have a question. Is ass bump armor the equivalent of breast bump armor?
                Probably.

I myself am not in a hurry to see it. Not just for kind of it looking like some CGI wankfest, but also some of the already big issues on casting. I think in Creation you'd of at leasts een more tan folk about.

And stuff.

Comment

Spoilers:

Apparently this is a gif of Ra's Spaceship flying over a flat earth. I'm going to head cannon that Gods of Egypt is someone's attempt to turn their crazy Ex2 Campaign into a movie*.

*Yes, I realize Flat Earth and Golden Shiny gods aren't exclusive to Exalted.

Last edited by wonderandawe; 02-26-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

No thanks. Asgard's got me covered.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                    [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                    [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

...Yeah, I can't stop looking at that shiny ass when I saw the trailer.....

And I did see lewd comments toward Male Shepard on how some of the armors seem to hug his butt a little too tightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post

I myself am not in a hurry to see it. Not just for kind of it looking like some CGI wankfest, but also some of the already big issues on casting. I think in Creation you'd of at leasts een more tan folk about.

I found out about the movie on io9. They have been making fun of it for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
                          And then the trailer came around and I lost my hype. It just seems so.... bland? I don't know, it didn't impress me :/
                          Maybe because it looks like every Hollywood blockbuster trailer from the last three years?

Okay, that was too harsh. Like every Hollywood blockbuster action movie trailer from the last eight years, if Hollywood had a major gold fetish. There we go, yeah, that fits.
                          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-26-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

It's not good, but it's not quite as bad, either. The issue with bump armor is that it directs attacks inward instead of outward. So what should be glancing instead pierces right through. With breast-bump, it's right next to your heart and lungs, as well as being... on the front. So your enemy will have every reason to attack there. Butt-bump is still bad in that if someone spears you from behind, you're making it easier if they aim low... but lets be honest, if someone's attacking from behind, they probably don't need much help getting a killshot.

Stuff I've made:
                            Ex3 Combat Flowchart > https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnh21nkq07...d%20Combat.png
                            Ex3 Battlegroup Cheatsheet > https://www.dropbox.com/s/byc19z0coe...roups.png?dl=0

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                              Same here. The casting was absurd. And like most CGI-heavy movies it will not age well.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Working...
                              X