No announcement yet.

What Breaks If......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good? This charm is a bit of an amalgamation between a good bit of other charms. And its good that it clubs the underlying math because the underlying math was unnecessarily complex and not useful outside specific scenarios. Without excellency on a max pool, this is still a useful charm to add (unlike the others), and yes there is a nice combination use with a maxed out excellency. The mote return might push it to being a little too good, but compared to charms that actually do something other than just add dice, this actually ranks as being useful to own in its own right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krellian View Post
      What breaks if:
      I replace(this charm counts as a pre-req in place of) all dicetrick charms with the following:
      Solar (Ability) Supremacy (1 ability, 1 ess): 2m, reflexive: 10's rolled count for 3 successes each. In addition, you may pick one of the following to apply to the roll:
      1) The solar gains +1 natural success to the roll.
      2) The solar regains 2 motes per 10 rolled.
      You may the pick the bonus feature each activation and not just at charm purchase.
      For an additional +1 wp you may apply both, but doing so causes your action to be noticeably supernatural in some appropriate manner.

This seems like a useful and at least mechanically fun replacement.
      Now that it can actually reliably hit with it's horrific bad touch attacks, Brawl murders everything forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krellian View Post
        Too good? This charm is a bit of an amalgamation between a good bit of other charms. And its good that it clubs the underlying math because the underlying math was unnecessarily complex and not useful outside specific scenarios. Without excellency on a max pool, this is still a useful charm to add (unlike the others), and yes there is a nice combination use with a maxed out excellency. The mote return might push it to being a little too good, but compared to charms that actually do something other than just add dice, this actually ranks as being useful to own in its own right.
        It is way too freaking overpowered, for the cost, for the requisites, for the way the game engine works. It is gonna be a complete must buy and wreck the game.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Natural success isn't defined. I assume you mean non-charm success.

Also, "10s are 3 successes" is not actually the same as "double 9s" because of Fate-Shifting Solar Arete, First Movement of the Demiurge, etc.

Comment

• It takes all expectad probability curves and torpedoes them with a soulbreaker orb.

Comment

• The devs intentionally made dice tricks very hard to get for combat Abilities. Adding them back in is at best problematic.

Comment

• I did mean non charm successes.

As for cost, in light of all the chatter about it being overpowered I can see it moving to at least 3m and the optional return to only 1m per 10.

As far as probability curves, on average it adds a single succ for 2m or 2 succs for 3m on 10 dice. That is hardly game breaking. Scales effectively with a higher pool.

As for hard to get with combat, combat abilities are littered with them. Melee has several, as does brawl, Archery has at least one as does thrown. Now, they tend to be a little more specialized, but that also tends to make them weak/boring/overly complicated.

As far as charms that exploit 10's, that might actually make them worth a purchase now.

Comment

• Martial Arts ability went away, attacks with martial arts melee weapons were resolved with melee, unarmed with brawl, archery/firewand with Archer, and any thrown attacks with thrown (attacks with their own unique pools replaced it with a regular attack pool or a complementary skill pool instead. Then Each MA is now based off an ability and the minimums for MA were replaced with that ability such as (just an example):

Shinning Point being Melee based along with Steel Devil, Ebon Shadow based off stealth, Tiger, Snake, and Crane all brawl, Silver Voiced NG based off performance, Dreaming Pearl based off dodge, RDS based off Archery, Black Claw based on socialize, and White Reaper based on war. There no longer is a supernal MA option, but when you choose supernal in an ability with a MA associated with iy, you gain the ability to apply it to that MA. MA charms are still not compatible with other combat abilities charms unless explicitly stated in the charm description.

The 4 point Merit is now a 2 point Merit one for each ability with the 1 dot prerequisite (not necessarily brawl anymore) being in that ability.

What breaks if the above is how it's ran?

Craft rewrite.
                  Twitter Handle: at maudova

Comment

• What break if i put Thousand Courtesan Ways and Celestial Bliss Trick in the presence charm after Awakened Carnal Demiurge, and expand the purview of Thousand Courtesan Ways to other positive emotions like friendship or respect?
                    Last edited by Shaddar; 10-13-2016, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                      What break if i put Thousand Courtesan Ways and Celestial Bliss Trick in the presence charm after Awakened Carnal Demiurge, and expand the purview of Thousand Courtesan Ways to other positive emotions like friendship or respect?
                      You give social characters access to an appearance cap-breaker that doesn't necessarily force them to be nymphomaniacs or make some people at the table uncomfortable. Which is a very good thing, at least in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maudova View Post
                        MA charms are still not compatible with other combat abilities charms unless explicitly stated in the charm description.
                        As long as this is kept, it should be fine as long as you are okay with non-combat Abilities becoming combat-Abilities on top of their normal usefulness for so cheap. 2 merit points seems fine to use an MA for, say, melee (heck, I'd allow it for one under your rules). To add parrying and attacking to Stealth or Socialize, on the other hand, is a tremendous bargain.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Deleted 10c
                          Last edited by Maudova; 01-15-2018, 10:40 AM.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

• Thinking of porting putting the down and dirty combat rule in my campaign.* Figured it would apply to instances of trivial opponents in areas where they might be obstacles. Any issues that might come up from it that you all can think of?

*The rule for those not familiar (Pg 87 of the Chronicles of Darkness corebook for those who want it explained more thoroughly.)
                            Usually used if the combat isn't the most important thing, or the players severally outclass the enemy or something like that. Player makes a roll of their combat pool (str+brawl, dex+thrown, etc). This is contested by the enemy either making their own combat roll or an escape roll. If the player wins then whatever the player was hoping to happens, the target is dead, or unconscious, etc. If they lose then the enemy deals damage and potentially comes out with an advantage in the event of a dramatic failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                              Thinking of porting putting the down and dirty combat rule in my campaign.* Figured it would apply to instances of trivial opponents in areas where they might be obstacles. Any issues that might come up from it that you all can think of?

*The rule for those not familiar (Pg 87 of the Chronicles of Darkness corebook for those who want it explained more thoroughly.)
                              Usually used if the combat isn't the most important thing, or the players severally outclass the enemy or something like that. Player makes a roll of their combat pool (str+brawl, dex+thrown, etc). This is contested by the enemy either making their own combat roll or an escape roll. If the player wins then whatever the player was hoping to happens, the target is dead, or unconscious, etc. If they lose then the enemy deals damage and potentially comes out with an advantage in the event of a dramatic failure.
                              I think the core book explicitly gives an example of this in regards to trivial opponents, so I don't think it breaks anything.

Also I'm sad this thread fell away, I think it's super useful as a topic. So while others might feel otherwise, I thank you for necroing it.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• What breaks if Rainmaker is compatible with Crane Style?

Craft rewrite.

Comment

Working...
                                X