Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Breaks If......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I add my own questions here?

    Comment


    • that depends what type of question it is, if its for clarifications the questions thread would serve more then enough, if its asking on opinions for rule changes, thats here


      .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
        that depends what type of question it is, if its for clarifications the questions thread would serve more then enough, if its asking on opinions for rule changes, thats here
        I've been looking at the rules for mage the ascension, and i noticed something.

        So remember all those rules for infrastructural spells, I.e. 'food from the aerial table' and 'water from stone'? Would it break the rules if you allow bigger effects, in exchange for longer casting times?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          I've been looking at the rules for mage the ascension, and i noticed something.

          So remember all those rules for infrastructural spells, I.e. 'food from the aerial table' and 'water from stone'? Would it break the rules if you allow bigger effects, in exchange for longer casting times?
          This is not the Mage the Ascension forum. Its Exalted thus I can't answer you since I have no idea about any of that.


          .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

            This is not the Mage the Ascension forum. Its Exalted thus I can't answer you since I have no idea about any of that.
            Inspired by mage the ascension.

            I mean, that's what i meant.

            About sorcerers.

            Food from the aerial table, and all that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
              Inspired by mage the ascension.

              I mean, that's what i meant.

              About sorcerers.

              Food from the aerial table, and all that.
              Well, I don't have MtA so I do't know what those do. Is it just "get food and water from the aether"? manna from heaven? If you have a dedicated survivalist* then it might step on their toes, but otherwise it's just a basic working. There's a Thamaturgy thingy for splitting bread a la Jesus, so just dont invalidate that.

              but for real, when are you hard up for food and water enough that getting it via sorcery is gonna derail your campaign? This is pure fluff by the scope of Exalted.





              *hahahahahahahahahahaha


              ..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

              Message me for Japanese translations.

              Comment


              • What breaks if I allow kiais from Silver-Voiced Nightingale style to be used in Close range in conjuction with unarmed martial arts charms?

                I know that this might be difficult to answer, but Silver-Voiced Nightingale doesn't look so balanced around exclusive weapon as, say, Righteous Devil.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                  What breaks if I allow kiais from Silver-Voiced Nightingale style to be used in Close range in conjuction with unarmed martial arts charms?

                  I know that this might be difficult to answer, but Silver-Voiced Nightingale doesn't look so balanced around exclusive weapon as, say, Righteous Devil.
                  Mechanically not much. It's more thematically that you may have a hard time explaining how your voice is tearing people apart like a Tiger's Claws, dragging an enemy in short range of you with Serpent Style or ripping their still-beating heart from their body with Black Claw.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                    What breaks if I allow kiais from Silver-Voiced Nightingale style to be used in Close range in conjuction with unarmed martial arts charms?

                    I know that this might be difficult to answer, but Silver-Voiced Nightingale doesn't look so balanced around exclusive weapon as, say, Righteous Devil.
                    If a character has mastery, I'd worry about allowing them access to all unarmed styles with an artifact, especially one as convenient as VotNB.
                    Black claw would gain access to artifact stats at all, outside of Wood Dragon's Claw, and also would gain access to free social influence flurries.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Lanic View Post
                      What breaks if I allow kiais from Silver-Voiced Nightingale style to be used in Close range in conjuction with unarmed martial arts charms?

                      I know that this might be difficult to answer, but Silver-Voiced Nightingale doesn't look so balanced around exclusive weapon as, say, Righteous Devil.
                      Without Mastery it's already legal as it has the same stats as an unarmed attack at Close and the rules for wielding two weapons lets you fluff your attacks however you want. Play on.

                      With Mastery, you've given an always-on, non-disarmable artifact weapon to every style, even styles which don't allow artifact weapons.

                      I would not just give the PCs +1 Accuracy, +3 Damage, +2 Overwhelming for free on all their attacks. You're devaluing enemy soak, PC attack charms and artifact merits, and bypassing weapon limitations on martial arts. This is going to make combats easier, making harder to challenge the PCs, and it's going to increase the power disparity between PCs (although the Martial Artist is four merit points and an ability dot down so maybe it'd actually close the gap, not accouting for Solar XP).


                      Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X