No announcement yet.

What Breaks If......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you'd have to give the applicabilty of stunts to the static values: i.e. even though you're not giving a stunt bonus, and they're not describing the stunt until after the dice are rolled, you can still block lethal attacks with your Brawl based parry and Lunars still get to boost their Defense with a second attribute.

One idea I'm toying with is to use Essence's system of Stunts being a flat yes/no. Then you could just perma-bump static values by 1 so long as you trust your players to describe their stunts after the roll. (This is basically what my homebrewed RPG system does, but I'm not sure how applicable it is to Exalted.)

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Ah true I forgot about Lunars and lethal blocks I had a nagging feeling something keyed off a stunted defence. None of my players are Lunars right now, but that might just be something I’d have to do later. Should work if I just trust my players to stunt it post roll.

I think changing to a binary stunt system would be better, but players might feel like they’re being robbed of the chance to regain willpower from a level two stunt and stuff. It would be a lot easier if I didn’t have to decide what constituted various stunt levels though.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
        I sometimes find it a bit tedious to say "Okay this is the stunted attack, how are you stunting your defense *listens to defensive stunt* okay that's a level one stunt, now what defensive charms/willpower are you spending?"
        This sort of thing is exactly why I've switched over to a "players roll all the dice" variant--it makes this kind of exchange way smoother, and makes defensive stunts more natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
          This sort of thing is exactly why I've switched over to a "players roll all the dice" variant--it makes this kind of exchange way smoother, and makes defensive stunts more natural.
          Doesn’t that just mean you stunt the NPCs attack to raise the difficulty, then the PC stunts their defence to get bonus dice and you still have to go through that step?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Doesn’t that just mean you stunt the NPCs attack to raise the difficulty, then the PC stunts their defence to get bonus dice and you still have to go through that step?
            Sort of? It doesn't do all that much to speed up resolution, but in my experience it's more intuitive to add stunts and charms to an active roll than a passive value.

Comment

Working...
            X