Kill Six Billion Demons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Six Billion Demons

Okay so the friggin wonderful piece of art known as Kill Six Billion Demons is a relatively new webcomic but why haven't I heard about it till now? I'm glad Solar posted it on the Exalted Media thread but honestly this needs its own thread! I just read all of it so far and its friggin outstanding! Its very rare to have something of this caliber in either writing or visual depictions but to have them both together?!

I recommend when you read it you read the message in the comment section of almost each new page from the creator as a brief piece of art or a wonderful piece of writing follows, often in response to comments from previous pages.

Seriously this is brilliant, one of the best comics if not stories I've seen. Its a great example of the out there cool fiction outside the default western approach, and a good inspiration for exalted if you want more exotic style beyond the Chinese and Japanese motiffs. Its a satisfying blend of gnostic, hindu, and comic book sci fi! And one of the main characters is a Kung Fu Angel Monk! Its honestly great primordial inspiration that can be applied to Yu-Shan or Malfeas!

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/?comic=ksbd-3-42#comment-3768

It is a time for great deeds!

Liturgy

PSALMS
    BOOK I
    ———————–
    I. ROYALTY
    -YS ATUN VRAMA PRESH-
    -THE SEVEN SYLLABLES OF ROYALTY-
    1. YISUN said: let there not be a genesis, for beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.
    2. The full of it is this – the circular suicide of God is is the perfection of matter.
    3. YISUN lied once and said he had nine hundred and ninety nine thousand names. This is true, but it is also a barefaced lie. The true name of God is I.
    4. Living is an exercise of violence. Exercise of violence is the fate of living
    5. Violence is circular. Perception is not circular and lacks flawlessness- therefore, rejoice in imperfect things, for their rareness is not lacking!
    6. Love of self is the true exercise of the God called I.
    7. Only an idiot cannot place his absolute certainty in paradoxes. The divine suicide is a perfect paradox. A man cannot exist without paradox – that is the full of it.
    II.
    THE KING IN THE TOWER
    1. YISUN is the supreme king.
    2. YISUN has, had, and will have no equal or rival save YISUN, for none may surpass YISUN in the perfect art of continual self annihilation.
    3. YISUN was the untouchable and prime master of all seven syllables of royalty but only knew four exquisite ways of lying. The first four are:
    i. Lying of substance – the illusion of corporeality
    ii. Lying of emptiness – the illusion of differential space
    iii. Lying of the Ego – the illusion of self and conscious mind
    iv. Lying of Continuity of Existence – the illusion of singularity
    III.
    THE GRAND ENEMY CALLED I
    YISUN sat once with his disciple Hansa in YISUN’s second clockwise glass palace. Hansa was one of his most ardent students and a grand questioner of YISUN. Unlike Yisun’s other disciple, Pree Ashma, he had no hunger in his heart for dominion of the universe, but a miserly scrutiny and a heart of iron nails. He was not an aspirant for royalty, and thereby attained it through little effort.
    Hansa’s questions were thus:
    ‘Lord, how must I question space?’
    ‘With an age, an ant may encircle a giant five million times,’ spoke YISUN.
    ‘Lord, how then may I question time?’
    ‘A giant’s stride takes an ant a week to surpass.’ YISUN spoke and smiled in the 4th way.
    Hansa was discontent with this answer and rubbed the stem of his long and worn pipe which he always kept with him and would eventually lead to his annihilation. Since he was royalty, he knew this, and kept it close to him as a reminder of his circular death.
    ‘Lord, then which should I be, the giant or the ant?’
    ‘Both,’ spoke YISUN,’ or either, when it suits you. Destroy the grand enemy called ‘I’.’
    Hansa contemplated this in silence. Later he would recount this proverb to his daughter.
    ———————–

Comment

I got put on to it by Minton. It's good stuff!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yeah, even though it focuses entirely on esoteric otherworldly stuff I think this is probably the most Exalted-y webcomic, possibly including the actual Exalted webcomics. The text segments at the bottom remind me a lot of Dunsany. At the very least, it's an invaluable Malfeas inspiration.

Comment

This is amazing.

Comment

Saw it last night on the Exalted Media thread, just finished catching up a minute ago. Talk about top-notch Exalted brain fodder.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade

Comment

Woah. That's pretty cool.

Comment

Yeah, this comic is pretty much what Malfeas looks like, in my games.

Also? If anyone who makes Exalted development decisions is reading this thread? We should definitely commission this artist for some Malfeas art at some point in the line. Just sayin'.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
                -Roger Zelazny

Comment

The style reminds me vaguely of Guy Davis'. It might be the rough but expansive details.
                  Last edited by The MG; 03-06-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I ran into this a while ago. It's like Dunsany writing Planescape.

Honestly it's so good it makes me feel bad that I will never make anything even close.

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

Yeah Kill Six Billion Demons is totally immense and really, I should have posted it up earlier. As soon as I found it I thought "holy fuck, so Exalted" (also Mage?) but never got around to showing it off a bit until the media thread kicked off.

Comment

Yeah it does give inspiration for the Supernal the denizens and intriguing methods to use gnosticism in stories. Supernal Truth portrayed in scenes, parables, psalms and the like. Makes me think Buddhist Jataka stories are examples the supernal and past versions of reality.

But this is a very excellent method for including the Shinma in game. I can now see Deva/God/Raksha religions and cults following Shinma, and I finally see the Shinma anthropomorphized in the psalms.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Old Guru View Post
                          Yeah, this comic is pretty much what Malfeas looks like, in my games.

Also? If anyone who makes Exalted development decisions is reading this thread? We should definitely commission this artist for some Malfeas art at some point in the line. Just sayin'.
                          Yeah I was thinking this! It would be pretty cool to get some Cameo art commissioned like how Adam Warren did the Glorious Divininity covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gayo View Post
                            Yeah, even though it focuses entirely on esoteric otherworldly stuff
                            I like esoteric otherworldly stuff as it relates to Exalted because it gives a good reference point for what the arcane secrets to be found plumbing the depths of Malfeas or its glass libraries, or the tombs of the Neverborn, or the shifting currents of the Wyld actually are, and from there you can branch off into thinking of what kinds of cool shit to make out of them.

I once thought of the idea of an Exalt investigating the strange etiquette and protocol of Yozi communication amongst and within themselves, which could be used as the basis for a complex information retention and transmission system.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

The original MSPA CYOA thread
                              http://i.imgur.com/JrXpU.jpg THIS QUEST IS A SORORITY THRILLER/ACTION ADVENTURE/PUZZLE GAME/HELL/DARK FANTASY/WESTERN/ROMANCE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER MAY OR MAY NOT DIE INSTANTLY THE CHOICE IS YOURS http://i.imgur.com/H9S1D.jpg FORMSPRING, IN WHICH YOU MAY QUERY ABOUT THIS MISADVENTURE: http://www.formspring.me/ORBITALDROPKICK http://i.imgur.com/VB3mL.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X