Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am mad. (The CIVIL thread for voicing displeasure)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Be that as it may, I still can't find it in myself to be mad about them.

It's a game, guys.
    Well, note i'm one of the more positive people about. It still has some bits where I'm left scratching my head. My main emotion is confusion, not derision.

And stuff.

Comment

• I mean, to me, the most baffling layout decision was waiting until the full book was written before figuring out the font size, which meant it wasn't until then that the writers had any idea of the length they were aiming for, which resulted in the infamously-extensive cuts. It seems to me that a lot of time might have been saved by talking to Maria Carbado early on, not writing thousands more words than could be printed, then not spending months agonizing over what to remove.

I like to believe that this same method could have resulted in fewer cases where the art doesn't actually match the page it's on (naval combat art to introduce the social influence section, lookin' at you), as well as general in incoherency (Charm-specific rules in sidebars). And I am liable to continue believing that, because there are a lot of big, complicated RPG books which are less prone to such issues than EX3. But even if I am wrong about everything, and doing things in that order wouldn't have fixed errors or saved months of work, I simply cannot fathom a way that withholding key information from everybody working on the project until the last minute could have helped.

Here is a koan: what is Exalted without hate? What is life without suffering? What is philosophy without pretension?

Comment

• I heard a rumour that Maria was working for free. Anyone know if that's true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
          I heard a rumour that Maria was working for free. Anyone know if that's true?
          News to me. If it's true, it certainly would explain a fair bit.

Here is a koan: what is Exalted without hate? What is life without suffering? What is philosophy without pretension?

Comment

• That smells like bullshit, but I don't have any actual information one way or the other. Still, I won't believe it without seeing some solid evidence. Everybody else involved is getting paid as far as I know, and I really don't expect a relatively renowned and well-regarded art director to be doing a 600+ pages worth of layout for free.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

What I've heard is that she took the job mostly as a favor to Rich, since they've been friends for a long time. I'm sure she was compensated for her time, but given that she's got a heavily diversified and storied day job, I wouldn't be surprised if she did it as a side job with less pay; having to take more time for day job stuff would account for some of the delay during the art phase.

Regardless, I highly doubt she worked literally for free.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
              - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

Absolutely untrue.

Comment

• Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichT View Post
                    Absolutely untrue.
                    Good to hear.

I (shock!) have complaints, but any skilled and talented artisan using their talents for nothing is always a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Be that as it may, I still can't find it in myself to be mad about them.

It's a game, guys.
                      The internet is serious business.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                      Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                      Ghosts: A Revision
                      The Underworld

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                        As an additonal note, Ex3 went Platinum in less than 48 hours on DTRPG. As I gather, it only counts hwen money has changed hands with them.
                        Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
                        You sure?

I've been told that it counts every download.

A quick look at DrivethruRPG's site is unfortunately uninformative.
                        Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                        My understanding is it covers only times when money exchanges hands. No products currently listed as Platinum are free, for instnace. I would have to dig up the source, but as I have been told, only things which actually get DTRPG money count. Backer PDFs do not until folks start buying them.
                        Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
                        Well, I asked them. We'll see if they respond.
                        By the way, Blaque, you were right about this.

I'm not sure how many sales it takes to be a Platinum seller, but apparently Ex3 got that many actual sales.

Comment

• Booya!

Also, I think etiher Twitter or a Monday Meeting said Ex3 went double-platinum, whatever the fuck that means. It's not really soemthing they show on the site.

And stuff.

Comment

• It means it sold twice as much as it would need to hit Platinum.

I think Holden said somewhere that Ex3 actually hit Electrum purely from the sheer number of Kickstarter copies that were redeemed.

Comment

• It means it got twice as many sales as are necessary for a product to go platinum. "Double-platinum" is not an actual category recognized by the site code, but still.

Comment

• Edit: okay on a search I'm finding the way more reasonable numbers of several hundred.
                                Last edited by DrLoveMonkey; 05-10-2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X