A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-through of Ex3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Major View Post

I had this very same confusion as it is never defined. Apparently there was a tweet or something in which it was specified that wound levels are equivalent to the penalty modifiers. So your second guess at the -2 "wounded" health levels is correct.
    Okay I know how much the devs said they didn't want errata, but this whole looking up clarifications in tweets thing sucks, and should be compiled somewhere. I've seen John and Holden clarify so much stuff on their Twitter accounts that should at least be clumped on some wiki somewhere.

Comment

• Major, HerrTenko, thanks for the clarifications, they make more sense. Although the naming of "double Xs" is mildly confusing.

The Unsung Hero, that is quite a neat thematic idea. Plus, any fix I can think of would involve arbitrary numbers, so it works out.

DrLoveMonkey, YES this thing needs errata. That the devs didn't want one is moot; if it needs it, it should have one. Errata aren't there to be nice, they're there because they're necessary.

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
      Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerxes View Post
        Major, HerrTenko, thanks for the clarifications, they make more sense. Although the naming of "double Xs" is mildly confusing.
        Oh, just mildly? Yes. I've started substituting "X+ Doubles" whenever I read it. I think that would have been a clearer mnemonic.

Comment

• It works almost exactly like 8-again and 9-again from CofD. Does Old WoD not have similar mechanics?

Comment

• OWoD doesn't have anything like that as standard - the closest it gets is double-10s in a very few situations. Some people I know houserule them as a standard feature, but they're not in RAW.

A Not-Quite-Newb's Read-Through of Ex3 - my thoughts, notes and trials and tribulations with the Exalted 3rd edition rules.
            Ex3 Reference Materials - currently includes an ST screen, common actions sheet, weapons reference sheet, character creation summary and mortal QCs reference sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              It works almost exactly like 8-again and 9-again from CofD. Does Old WoD not have similar mechanics?
              And even more nasty, in 1st ed VtM ones also cancelled out successes making botching a relatively frequent occurrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major View Post

And even more nasty, in 1st ed VtM ones also cancelled out successes making botching a relatively frequent occurrence.
                Narrating suitable botches for when there are 3 left after taking away successes is an art form in OWoD.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Okay I know how much the devs said they didn't want errata, but this whole looking up clarifications in tweets thing sucks, and should be compiled somewhere. I've seen John and Holden clarify so much stuff on their Twitter accounts that should at least be clumped on some wiki somewhere.
                  That would be very useful.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Melee

Excellent Strike
                    • Exalt channels Essence into the strike, making it strike true.
                    • Gain one auto-success on the attack roll. Reroll 1s until no 1s appear.
                    Fire and Stones Strike
                    • Solar strikes with burning Essence, which surges into the target's body and shatters it from within.
                    • Pay Strength-based motes to add post-soak damage to a withering attack. "Has the potential to increase minimum damage". Pay Strength-based motes to add decisive attack successes to the damage roll.
                    • "Has the potential to increase minimum damage", but it just doesn't try hard enough? "Has the potential to increase minimum damage", and generally succeeds if it tries? Has the potential to increase minimum damage",, if only it would stop hanging out with the wrong kind of motes? What is it? Either it does increase minimum damage or it doesn't. There are no criteria here for whether it does or doesn't, and the referenced rules don't help. Why is it only sometimes?
                    One Weapon, Two Blows
                    • Solar strikes with incredible speed into an opening.
                    • When a withering attack lowers an opponent's initiative to a value lower than the Solar's own initiative, may follow up with a second attack, either withering or decisive.
                    Peony Blossom Technique
                    • Solar draws her anima inward and unleashes it in a burst of fire.
                    • When Solar's anima is at bonfire, can make a second attack.The attack discharges the anima, resetting it to dim.
                    Dipping Swallow Defense
                    • The Exalt moves to her own defence with speed and grace.
                    • Ignore all penalties to a parry action. A successful parry grants a point of initiative. Does not remove penalties from a surprise attack.
                    • OK, so does it remove all penalties to a Parry action, or doesn't it? Or is it just that it gets rid of situational stuff like trying to parry in thick fog? Because of the surprise attack exception, I'm not sure what it's meant to apply to. Is it that it disregards penalties to the action, but doesn't stop things that modify Defence directly? Then why didn't it say that, rather than harping on about surprise attacks and leaving people to extrapolate the rest?
                    Bulwark Stance
                    • Essence mastery guides the Solar to intercept blows.
                    • Ignore all penalties to Parry Defence. Any damage roll suffers a -1 penalty for each 1 made on the attack roll, up to an Essence-based maximum.
                    • Apart from the -1 penalties, how is this different to Dipping Swallow Defence? Is it just the same thing more clearly written? Because that's what it feels like.
                    War Lion Stance
                    • The Solar learns to defend others, and becomes a formidable obstacle.
                    • May take a reflexive defend other action to protect a single ally within close range. Lasts for a scene, but is cancelled if Exalt and target separate. Must drop this charm to defend a second target.
                    Guard-Breaking Technique
                    • Solar makes a fantastic feint, which opens the opponent up to a strike from someone else.
                    • When defending another, use this charm to make a distract gambit "to benefit her charge" which gives double 7s on the initiative roll. When the distraction is successful, the beneficiary of the distract gambit gains bonus dice.
                    Solar Counterattack
                    • Solar gets focused because her foe is an upstart who dares to strike her, and will die for it.
                    • Creates a decisive counteratack that is rolled after the opponent's attack roll, but before damage. Does not count as Solar's combat action and cannot be used in response to a counterattack.
                    • OK, so what happens if the opponent dies before damage is rolled? Does the attack still hit? RAW implies yes, but that feels like it would obviate a good portion of what this charm is about.
                    Call the Blade
                    • Summon your weapon with a thought and an outstretched arm.
                    • Reach a weapon within short range, with a Wits+Melee roll. Weapon travels to her hand without going through the space in between. Does this even when the roll is failed, but not through barriers, and does not arrive until next turn. Can only be used to steal weapons, only on a Solar's own weapons.
                    • What if the Solar is disarmed and a foe uses her own weapon against her? The rules say it can be used on her own weapon, but that it can't be used to steal. Can it be used in this situation or not? It's not stealing as such, but it IS disarming without the use of a gambit.
                    Summoning the Loyal Steel
                    • Flavour-rules blur.
                    • Send your weapon Elsewhere, and release the mote commitment to summon it to your hand.
                    • Can this be done even if someone else is holding the weapon? From how far away?
                    Rising Sun Slash
                    • Channels a flow of Essence through the weapon at the apex of its strike.
                    • Activate after attack roll and before any defences; gain one auto-success, and roll Essence non-charm dice.
                    • Roll non-charm dice for what? For kicks? It's implied that these add to the attack roll, but actually stating that would be nice.
                    Agile Dragonfly Blade
                    • No flavour text.
                    • Use once per scene to enhance One Weapon, Two Blows.Treats the Solar's initiative as 3 higher than it really is.
                    • Why is this a permanent charm, rather than a supplemental?
                    Iron Whirlwind Attack
                    • Solar becomes a killing blur.
                    • Splits initiative to make a number of physical attacks determined by the Exalt's physical stats. Can target single or multiple opponents as required. Initiative divided between attacks, and each attack must have at least one initiative allocated. Solar does not reset to base initiative until all attacks are resolved. Only loses initiative for missed attacks if all attacks miss. In that case, each one drops 2 initiative. Attack-enhancing charms only need to be activated once for this charm, but the Melee Excellency must be paid per attack. Can be used after Peony Blossom Technique as if it were reflexive.
                    • This feels like the efficiency multiplier par excellence for decisive attacks.
                    Fivefold Bulwark Stance
                    • The Solar does not accept defeat, and switches to a blades-eye-view of the world, which lets her see the ebb and flow of battle clearly.
                    • For a scene, ignore "certain penalties" to Parry Defence, and reduce the cost of Bulwark Stance and Dipping Swallow Defence by 1. When using DSD and this charm is active, Defence is raised by one.
                    • Again with the pointless ambiguity! Which "certain penalties"?
                    On Fivefold Bulwark Stance Sidebar
                    • OK, so you get me frothing at the mouth about things and then tell me. You are doing nothing for my blood pressure, book.
                    • It's nice that we get the clarity of which attacks don't apply to which charms like DSD and BS in this bar, but it really, really could have done with being earlier in flagging this.
                    • I'm still confused about which penalties would still apply to DSD & BS. Thanks for reminding me of this, sidebar!
                    Heavenly Guardian Defense
                    • The Solar's blade can turn aside EVERYTHING.
                    • Pay initiative to retroactively turn away decisive damage. Successfully turned attacks appear to strike but are then turned away by the blade. Can turn aside attacks that are normally impossible to parry for 4 motes. Can add a willpower to this to parry away uncountable damage. HGD does not destroy the Exalt's weapon.
                    • "just" 4 motes - special offer, this weekend only! You don't need to sell the charms like this, book.
                    • I've realised most of these assume a sword is the weapon in play. What about parrying with an axe, mace, warhammer or something? I think RAW says its possible, but traditional combat mostly says no.
                    Hail-Shattering Practice
                    • Solar sees the flaws in everything, and uses them to turn aside even the surest blow.
                    • Solar may pay motes per 1 or 2 in the attack roll to remove up to Essence-based successes from it. Can be activated after the attack roll is made.
                    Calm and Ready Focus
                    • The Lawgivers are empowered by the Unconquered Sun, and get more powerful through a mystical method called LEARNING!
                    • Gain initiative after successfully parrying an attack while using defend other.
                    Unassailable Guardian Posture
                    • No one can touch who the Solar protects.
                    • When using War Lion Stance, use this charm to make the charge an unacceptable target, with any incoming attacks automatically directed towards the Solar. At Essence 3+, can defend vs area of effect attacks with a stunt.
                    • That last effect feels like it needs Heavenly Guardian Defence in order to make sense.
                    Ready in Eight Directions Stance
                    • Solar strikes like lightning everywhere.
                    • May counter all attacks as if using Solar Counterattack. If any of her attacks do damage, her initiative does not reset until the next round. If there is no successful counter in the round, this charm is wasted.
                    Glorious Solar Saber
                    • Solar focuses her will and creates a weapon out of sold Essence.
                    • This weapon is a daiklave, and glows. This glowing will be noticeable. Custom evocations can be bought with "additional purchases". Spend more Essence and Willpower to superheat the blade to have it break mortal weapons, shields and act like a blowtorch. If used like this in a successful clash against a battlegroup, the BG must rally before it can attack again.
                    • What happens if the Solar wants to wield something that's not a daiklave?
                    • I assume the "additional purchases" are additional activations of the charm, at the same cost? It's kind of expected, but is a bit unclear on whether that's actually the case.
                    • OK, so non-swordy weapons are possible, but only actually mentioned in passing in the special activation rules? Bah.
                    Iron Raptor Technique
                    • Solar flings weapon like a bird and it's actually a homing missile.
                    • Can make a withering or decisive attack up to medium range without aiming. If this crashes an opponent, Exalt gains temporary willpower. Usually returns to the Solar's hand in the same tick, but if attack roll is botched the weapon becomes embedded in something at close range to the target.
                    • How does it return to the Solar's hand? Doesn't specify if it does or doesn't actually move or just flashes there.
                    • I like the discussion of what botches represent with these charms, helps me think about the consequences.
                    Sandstorm-Wind Attack
                    • Solar strikes a distant target with a ribbon of force.
                    • Make decisive attacks at short range, ignoring hardness and doing Essence-based damage to the scenery, passing through what it destroys to strike targets in cover. If the Solar withholds her attack to clash with an opponent's ranged attack, may use this charm to reflexively clash with it.
                    • Have we ever been given notes on how many "health levels" a given sort of cover has? Without it, this is kinda useless against targets in cover.
                    Edge of Morning Sunlight
                    • Solar manifests her Essence in her weapon to strike with the authority of the Unconquered Sun against the darkness.
                    • On an attack vs a creature of darkness that gets at least one level of damage for additional Essence-based dice against the creature's health levels, which ignore hardness.
                    • So "creature of darkness" is "generic bad thing"? Is this defined by the ST?
                    Foe-Cleaving Focus
                    • The Solar's life is one of battle, and so they must find solace in the space between sword strokes.
                    • For every 10 rolled on Rising Sun Slash, regain a mote of Essence.
                    Hungry Tiger Technique
                    • The Solar charges body and weapon with Essence, uniting the two to bring a perfect strike upon her opponent.
                    • Can only be used on a crashed target. On a withering attack, extra successes are doubled after the attack roll for determining raw damage. On a decisive attack, extra successes are added to the damage roll. If used with Fire & Stone Strike, duplicate extra successes when paying for damage dice.
                    Scene of Destruction Sidebar
                    • Good to know that the initiative cost gets ignored out of battle. But shouldn't this have been in the general charm descriptions, rather than buried in the Melee tree?
                    Invincible Fury of the Dawn
                    • Solar is possessed by Essence and moves across the field of combat like a deathly wind.
                    • Enhances Iron Whirlwind Attack, giving more attacks based on an attribute and allowing movement of up to a range band between attacks. Get extra initiative based on the number of attacks the Solar wants to make, which dissipates after the attacks are made.
                    Perfect Strike Discipline
                    • Essence mastery + weapon mastery = flawless efficiency.
                    • Once per scene, get a full melee Excellency by paying willpower. Resets by incapacitating an opponent.
                    • Why would you want this? Isn't this way less efficient than the normal way of getting Excellencies?
                    Flashing Edge of Dawn
                    • Solar has scorn which is somehow quick, which hastens her blade.
                    • Use in response to an attack which is parried, creating a counterattack that occurs after the attack roll but before the damage roll. This is a special withering attack, with successes reducing opponent's initiative. Each point reduced is converted immediately to decisive damage dice, which ignore hardness.This does not return the Solar to base initiative. Does not count as an attack and cannot be used in response to a counterattack.
                    • If this is resolved after the attack roll but before the damage roll, does it subtract from the attack roll at all?
                    • If it's done vs a decisive attack, does it resolve before the opponent resets to base initiative?
                    Fervent Blow
                    • Solar moves with the speed of a hawk to intercept a blow.
                    • Make a reflexive melee clash attack, regardless of their place in the initiative order. Does not count as a combat action.
                    Over-and-Under Method
                    • No flavour text.
                    • Allows the use of Fervent Edge of Dawn and Fervent Blow together. If the clash is successful, combine the damage of both attacks into one strike. The cost of this charm replaces the cost of both.
                    Immortal Blade Triumphant
                    • Solar channels the radiance of her anima through her weapon. The iconic avatar emanates from the blade, doing things I don't really understand.
                    • Weapon cannot be disarmed or destroyed, and gets bonus successes based on Essence and bonus dice from stunts are added to the damage roll. Can force anima through the blade, terminating the commitment to the charm and doing Essence-based automatic decisive successes and allowing the attack to bypass hardness. This last attack can only be done at bonfire level, and using it resets the Solar's anima to dim.
                    Corona of Radiance
                    • Weapon slices through air, forcing Essence through the Solar's aggression. Her body is wrapped in Essence that groups around her hand when she strikes or parries.
                    • Defence is raised against certain kinds of creature. If these creatures make unarmed attacks, they get decisive damage based on the Solar's Essence which ignores hardness.
                    • So demons aren't included in the "creatures of the night" description now, and are called out separately? What?
                    Sharp Light of Judgment Stance
                    • Through meditation and practice, the Solar can do awesome things with Essence.
                    • Permanently enhances Corona of Radiance, Sandstorm-Wind Attack, & Blazing Solar Bolt in inconsistent ways, either hiking minimum damage or giving raw damage. Can treat characters who the has a negative intimacy for as creatures of darkness. Doing this adds willpower or motes to the cost of the attack, depending on the level of the intimacy.
                    • Is the difference in hikes based on a difference between withering & decisive attacks?
                    Blazing Solar Bolt
                    • Solar brings the force of her judgement into a strike, which sends a bolt of energy from her caste mark towards her opponent.
                    • Attack does lethal decisive damage, with a base damage based on Essence and successes. This attack can strike an opponent at short range, ignores hardness and cannot be dodged or blocked without a charm. Range can be increased by spending anima at a rate of one level per range band. Against "residents of Malfeas or the Underworld and other creatures of darkness" the charm does aggravated damage. This attack does not use the Solar's initiative beyond the cost of the charm, and does not reset her to base. Can only be used once per combat, can be reset by landing a decisive attack with 7+ initiative and then building initiative to 12+.
                    • Yet again with the fuzzy borders of what a creature of darkness is.
                    • Is there a reason why the "can only be used.... but can be reset by..." is suddenly in a "special activation rules" section? This isn't the norm for these conditions, unless my memory has gone to mush, which is of course entirely possible.
                    Heaven Sword Flash
                    • The Solar's strike is quick and inevitable, hitting opponents everywhere.
                    • Make a decisive attack against all opponents in close range, using half the Solar's initiative value as the base damage for each attack. This is the Solar's full initiative for attacks against "minor opponents", and it also ignores hardness. Reduced cost at high Essence.
                    • Does it ignore hardness against everyone, or just minor opponents?
                    • Are minor opponents the same thing as trivial opponents? If so, wouldn't this charm just flatten them anyway, without the extra boost? Also, why is something with hardness, a supposedly unique and magical property, a "minor opponent"?
                    Circle of Bright Reaving
                    • Flavour-crunch blur.
                    • If an opponent is killed with Heaven Sword Flash, may activate this charm to hit all opponents in close range with a withering attack. Solar gets the full initiative amount from the most successful roll, and up to 3 initiative from other strikes that do damage. If any opponent is crashed when using this charm, may use Heaven Sword Flash reflexively.
                    • The wording on this is confusing, and I'm not sure I get it. I -think- the above is correct, but as written it almost implies that you shouldn't get initiative from any but the most successful roll, and then tells you you get initiative from those rolls.
                    Protection of Celestial Bliss
                    • No flavour text.
                    • Get bonus initiative dice when parrying using Heavenly Guardian Defence, based on the 1s and 2s in the attack roll. These dice are stored up and can only be used to enhance HGD. Spending the bonus initiative on acivating HGD means that it is spent (who would have guessed!?). Can pay motes and willpower to double the initiative gathered and enhance HGD that way. Means HGD can be used in a crash. This charm cannot gather initiative from any instance of HGD that it fuels. This stored initiative cannot be hit by withering attacks.

General thoughts:
                    • The structure of this tree is nice. The initial charms give you a good taste for the flavour of each branch. Although it still has the weird cut-off feeling thanks to the Essence-based order.
                    • One thing that I've semi-noticed for both this and Brawl is that it presumes single opponents a lot, and I'm not sure entirely how things apply to Battle Groups.
                    • The availability of defensive charms in the same tree as offensive ones makes me feel like this is a much "better " charmset than brawl, as it only relies on one ability, rather than two. The gamist in me is jumping up and down and saying that's not fair, but I guess it makes sense.
                    • The melee charms art is generally very cool and very anime. It emphasises that this stuff is dynamic.
                    • A lot of the descriptions are repetitive. As indicated earlier, I'm kind of glad that there isn't a flavour/crunch break now, as the flavour would be REALLY boring. However, knowing when the flavour is indicating visible-to-others stuff would have been handy.
                    • I... am actually unsure about whether this is simpler or more complex than Craft. It feels like more to juggle because there's a lot to the attack and damage systems, while craft is fairly "single minded", so to speak. Might also be because the review broke down Craft into more manageable chunks.
                    I've also realised, with my game coming up, that taking new players through charm selection without having multiple copies of the rulebook and/or MaddLetter's cascades (which aren't printer friendly at all) is going to be incredibly difficult. You need the rules text of the charm, as the names aren't indicative of the effect in may cases. How on earth do people do it? Is there a more printer-friendly short form of these that I can use?

Up next, Occult.

Oh, and yes, the differences in spelling between what I copy and what I type ("defence" vs "defense" etc) are driving me nuts, too. Thank you for noticing.
                    Last edited by Xerxes; 06-07-2016, 03:25 AM. Reason: Oh, random additional spacing. How I do hate thee.

Comment

• Keep the faith. Don't let those Americans deny your mother-tongue, the one true form of English!

Anyway, I too wondered what was up the Creatures of Darkness. It would have seemed much easier to put a little sidebar saying what they were and just write Creatures of Darkness each time. I can see a lot of arguments about what is and isn't covered.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

"Has the potential to increase minimum damage", but it just doesn't try hard enough? "Has the potential to increase minimum damage", and generally succeeds if it tries? Has the potential to increase minimum damage",, if only it would stop hanging out with the wrong kind of motes? What is it? Either it does increase minimum damage or it doesn't. There are no criteria here for whether it does or doesn't, and the referenced rules don't help. Why is it only sometimes?
                        I see it this way.

When you hit someone with a Withering attack, excessive Soak can reduce your damage down to Minimum. On a mundane weapon this is almost always 1, on Artifact weapons it's usually higher. If you use Fire and Stones Strike you can add more post-Soak damage.

Now, hypothetically, what if you have a damage pool of, say, 8 dice due to a bad roll, and your opponent has 10 soak, and you're using a mortal sword? This would reduce the damage to 1. But if you use F&S Strike to increase the damage by three dice, that's post-soak damage dice. So you'd actually hit for 4, rather than having 11 dice vs 10 soak and thus only 1 die of damage. In this case, Minimum Damage is increased.

Now if your opponent has 10 soak and you have 13 dice of damage, that'd be 3 after soak, and 3 using F&SS, so 6 dice total. Which does NOT raise the minimum damage.

So that's how F&SS can raise minimum damage. Because sometimes it doesn't, but it can.

On Creatures of Darkness: The damnedest thing was that in the 2E core, there WAS a Sidebar that mentioned what Creatures of Darkness are. Namely, they were Creatures of the Underworld (so Undead and by extension Abyssal Exalts), Creatures of Malfeas (demons and by extension Infernals), and Unshaped Raksha. I don't believe SHAPED Raksha were, but other people can feel free to correct me.

The Unconquered Sun also had a Shit List where he could mark certain beings as Creatures of Darkness. Whether they be a particularly horrible Lunar, a Sidereal gone wrong, or Phil from accounting. He knows what he did.
                        Last edited by Kyman201; 06-07-2016, 01:30 PM.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

OK, so non-swordy weapons are possible, but only actually mentioned in passing in the special activation rules? Bah.[
                          Huh. My copy doesn't mention this at all. I just had to intuit it myself from the fact that the charm list is non-exhaustive (so Glorious Solar Mallet is totally legit).

Comment

• I read Glorious solar saber as creating any type of weapon and using the stats of a daiklave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I see it this way...

So that's how F&SS can raise minimum damage. Because sometimes it doesn't, but it can.
                              The example you give feels like it's a change of whether minimum damage is relevant to damage dealt or not, not whether the charm boosts it or not.

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                              On Creatures of Darkness: The damnedest thing was that in the 2E core, there WAS a Sidebar that mentioned what Creatures of Darkness are. Namely, they were Creatures of the Underworld (so Undead and by extension Abyssal Exalts), Creatures of Malfeas (demons and by extension Infernals), and Unshaped Raksha. I don't believe SHAPED Raksha were, but other people can feel free to correct me.
                              Yay for miscommunications!

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                              Huh. My copy doesn't mention this at all. I just had to intuit it myself from the fact that the charm list is non-exhaustive (so Glorious Solar Mallet is totally legit).
                              It is literally a passing reference:

Originally posted by Ex3 Core, p.350
                              While the [Molten Solar Blade] effect is active, the Solar may use a blade or spearhead like a blowtorch,
                              That's it. So it's can be a blade, it can be a spear. I would therefore assume that it can be anything, although blunt weapons etc aren't mentioned.

Originally posted by satoshi View Post
                              I read Glorious solar saber as creating any type of weapon and using the stats of a daiklave.
                              It does, now I reread. I really should start paying attention one of these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                                Now, hypothetically, what if you have a damage pool of, say, 8 dice due to a bad roll, and your opponent has 10 soak, and you're using a mortal sword? This would reduce the damage to 1. But if you use F&S Strike to increase the damage by three dice, that's post-soak damage dice. So you'd actually hit for 3, rather than having 11 dice vs 10 soak and thus only 1 die of damage. In this case, Minimum Damage is increased.
                                For 4 I think? -> 1 +3 = 4 (not trying to be nitpicky, just writing to avoid confusion).

My homebrew/rewrites:
                                2nd->3rd Edition Sorcery Spells Rewrite
                                Talisman of Ten Thousand Eyes Evocations
                                Solar Occult Charms for Sorcerers
                                Solar Thrown Charms (with Solar Danmaku Charms)

Comment

Working...
                                X