Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXALTED RETURNS - The Solar "Backer Charm" PDF

Greetings all ye Chosen!

Now that the awesome hardcover is starting to ship I just wanted to drop in and remind you of more good news. The Solar "Backer Charm" book is headed your way in the near future. This book was written as the result of a stretch goal we reached during the Kickstarter. It features 48 brand new Solar Charms that were purchased by our awesome backers.

For this special book we focused on writing Charms that were very, very, V-E-R-Y powerful. We're talking power level turned up until the pages hum and crackle with Essence. We made it our mission to write Charms that would magnify the legendary badassdom of the Solar Exalted, letting you stand out and shine even brighter in your selected purview. Now you truly can burn like the sun, all thanks to our glorious Kickstarter backers!

ALSO as a BONUS we wrote 33 additional Solar Charms as a BIG thank you for all the incredible support and enthusiasm you've shown for what we're doing.

This book WILL be going on sale—soon! Art assets are being completed.

Solar players should consider these new Solar Charms a must-have for expanded play. These new pinnacle Charms are just too good to pass up. Get your Supernals ready!

The Solar Backer Charm PDF is coming soon!

As the tale of Exalted continues...

Wow, that's a LOT of charms. Like, a lot. Like four times what I was expecting at least. Nice job!

Comment

MOAR EXALTED

MOAR

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Okay, I'm going to preface this with a couple things. One: I know that in light of the craziness of getting the core together and printed, I super appreciate that you guys got right back into things to write these additional charms.

In addition, I appreciate the extra work that no doubt went into them.

In light of my sincere appreciation for this, I would also like to preface: The following line is meant as a joke -

Oh Gods and Maidens, MORE CHARMS?!

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

So... non backers can get in on this too, right? If so, I'm very excited and wish I had more money to give right now.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
          Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Oh Gods and Maidens, MORE CHARMS?!
            Not only that, but even more, even crazier powerful ones!

Comment

Any hints on the Ability distribution of the new Charms? I'd really love to see more high Essence Charms in Medicine and War, to name two.

Honestly I'm a bit wary of this super-Charm pitch because of the power creep of the popular Charm sets like Melee and Brawl in 2e.

Currently writing for Exigents.

Comment

Power sprint?

How can it be "creep" if it happens so quickly?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Starting your pitch with MOAR POWERFUL CHARMS may not be the best idea. It's giving me really bad Glories/Zeal/etc flashbacks. Heck, I've already seen someone, upon reading that post, almost declare all charms from it banned for power reasons.
                  Is the main selling point you want to stress really "Solar charms, except even more powerful" instead of something like "flesh out and give capstones to smaller trees" or something?
                  Still, I remain hopeful that it turns out better than my initial impression.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                  Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                  Some Lintha QCs
                  A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Originally posted by Arian Dynas View Post
                    So... non backers can get in on this too, right? If so, I'm very excited and wish I had more money to give right now.
                    Given that it's a reward for backers and the post says it will be available for sale, I assume they will be selling it through DTRPG like a regular product.

Currently writing for Exigents.

Comment

Amusingly, if Morke had said "Also: Crafting Charms for things other than artifacts!" I would have gone "So is this included in my initial backing or do you take Paypal?"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

MOAR CHARMS!!!

Couple of questions though, will this pdf have all the core book charms as well?
                        Or will you have the charms trees in this pdf to show thier relation to the core charms?
                        I'm more then sure that these charms will be fun so not really worried about that, more interested in the layout haha, thank you for the continued efforts you and the rest of the team keep putting into this project ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Arian Dynas View Post
                          Backers with the approrpiate reward tier have been able to submit Charm ideas, and I think some backer reward tier have the final product included as well. Otherwise, it can be purchased off DriveThruRPG like any other supplement.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by TDS View Post
                            Starting your pitch with MOAR POWERFUL CHARMS may not be the best idea. It's giving me really bad Glories/Zeal/etc flashbacks. Heck, I've already seen someone, upon reading that post, almost declare all charms from it banned for power reasons.
                            Is the main selling point you want to stress really "Solar charms, except even more powerful" instead of something like "flesh out and give capstones to smaller trees" or something?
                            Still, I remain hopeful that it turns out better than my initial impression.
                            They were written for backers, not to 'flesh out' charm trees. They're from backer requests, plus extra stuff for funsies, not out of some sense that they needed to be written. If you don't want the charms then you don't have to use them, power level or effect or personal choice, all those things are valid.

If someone wants to houserule a ban because they haven't read them yet but don't like the pitch, well, okay they can totally do that. Seems a little bit over-reactive to me, and certainly not something I'd be wanting to admit to the Devs and writers...

(personal anecdote: John's mood while working on these was pretty fucking glorious mostly, and they're so much fun dangit) (so fun, my god)

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                              (personal anecdote: John's mood while working on these was pretty fucking glorious mostly, and they're so much fun dangit) (so fun, my god)
                              That actually does make me feel a bit better, thanks Lucy.

Comment

Working...
                              X