Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post

We don't update that often ¬¬ here's our first publication from last year
    These are so good you could say they're your.... chef d'oeuvre!
    Wait no I fucked it up!

Former bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum Opus View Post
      hippokrene, let me raise you...
      Shit. I'm going to need an epic training montage to beat that.

*runs off to find appropriate music to set it to*

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

• Can this thread just become a new advertising agency for Exalted? I would be happy with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post
          There's probably some failure of communication going on in this part, though.
          The operating phrase is, "for expanded play." As in, if and only if you want to add more. If you don't want to add more, you don't add more. But if you want to add more, then yeah, adding more is pretty much mandatory.

So, where's the failure?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGraySoul
            Can this thread just become a new advertising agency for Exalted? I would be happy with this.
            Where's that "ad" someone posted where a Twilight has a caption about how the Incarnae hate him because he discovered this one weird trick for making your own Exalted?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              The operating phrase is, "for expanded play." As in, if and only if you want to add more. If you don't want to add more, you don't add more. But if you want to add more, then yeah, adding more is pretty much mandatory.

So, where's the failure?
              To be fair, Scroll of the Monk was "expanded play" too, and we all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that the backer book will be anywhere near that bad, but just because it's "expanded play" material doesn't mean it should get a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayTee View Post
                To be fair, Scroll of the Monk was "expanded play" too, and we all know how that turned out. I'm not saying that the backer book will be anywhere near that bad, but just because it's "expanded play" material doesn't mean it should get a pass.
                You can't really give a pass to something that doesn't exist yet.

Former bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
                Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

• Ah, damn, LoveMonkey, hippokrene and the rest, I was clearly was absolutely, couldn't-have-been-more wrong here. Those are *totally* the ideal way new Exalted release announcements should happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fata-Ku View Post
                    You can't really give a pass to something that doesn't exist yet.
                    3e did not live up to the hype, so my willingness to buy in to hype once again has been... tempered. I remain cautiously skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                      I know how you feel. Every sentence I write is among the most eloquent and moving passages put to page in centuries, yet sadly it's often read by those who can't comprehend its brilliance. It's a hard road.
                      The smallest violin is on standby, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
                        Ah, damn, LoveMonkey, hippokrene and the rest, I was clearly was absolutely, couldn't-have-been-more wrong here. Those are *totally* the ideal way new Exalted release announcements should happen.
                        Like Rich said, this is not a release announcement. It is a excited dev posting in the fan forum about something to come.

The release announcement will come out on the blog. People can over analyze (in all the ways) that.

Lay off the happy guy writing happy things in the collage wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                          Lay off the happy guy writing happy things in the collage wall.
                          Only just realized there was a "bitter, sarcastic" way to read my post you're quoting, as well as a "genuinely really amused" version (which is what I was going for!).

Comment

• I feel you! Many times I write something that I believe clearly expresses a emotion or state of mind only to read it again and see how it can be understood in a completely different way by reasonable people. It is probably both, the greatest challenge and prize in writing.

Comment

• "Find out how many Survival charms Vance designed just for puppies"

Well if they can be adapted for kittens and baby ducks, then that works too

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayTee View Post
                                3e did not live up to the hype, so my willingness to buy in to hype once again has been... tempered. I remain cautiously skeptical.
                                For you, maybe. But let's not go around stating it like a matter of fact, for some of us it did.

Comment

Working...
                                X