No announcement yet.

Battle Group Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its possibly a minor, minor consideration, but having a "senses" line would be useful as there is always a PC ninja that needs to be contested in stealth.

Or a Resistance line that tells how they are faring against a Mists of Eventide use.

Comment

Cool. I'll throw a pull request at you in a few minutes. I tried to change as little as possible while implementing the change, and it's backwards compatible.

Tomorrow, if I've got the time, I'll throw together a regex interpreter that puts together new army entries from book-formatted stat blocks.

Edit: haha, there's a conflict because I also got rid of the duplicate getStats(). Shouldn't be hard to resolve. Just make sure you keep one copy of the function somewhere!
      Last edited by Ketrus; 04-30-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        If you're looking to add any more units, I'd recommend greenmaws. They make very good bgs because of their large amount of health levels, and they, like Blood Apes, are the standard combat monster summoned by a spell.
        Done. Greenmaws are now in.

Current project: Stranger Creations, unofficial settings and NPCs for Exalted.

Comment

Awesome sauce.

I play...
          Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
          Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Originally posted by prototype00 View Post
            I know its possibly a minor, minor consideration, but having a "senses" line would be useful as there is always a PC ninja that needs to be contested in stealth.

Or a Resistance line that tells how they are faring against a Mists of Eventide use.
            Done: added "Senses" and "Resist" lines. Also added "Resolve" for good measure. If Resist Poison/Disease wasn't listed for a particular foe, I set it to 2. Resolve wasn't listed for War Ghosts (errata time, I think), so I set it to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketrus View Post
              Cool. I'll throw a pull request at you in a few minutes. I tried to change as little as possible while implementing the change, and it's backwards compatible.

Tomorrow, if I've got the time, I'll throw together a regex interpreter that puts together new army entries from book-formatted stat blocks.

Edit: haha, there's a conflict because I also got rid of the duplicate getStats(). Shouldn't be hard to resolve. Just make sure you keep one copy of the function somewhere!
              Merged! Seems to be working well.

Comment

I also noticed that you've updated some of the groups to put the Damage value next to the weapon (if there's multiple) but it's a separate value if they only have 1 attack. Can we make it consistent for usability-sake? I actually prefer the damage in ( ) next to it version if that helps.

Amazing tool! Absolutely using this!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                  I also noticed that you've updated some of the groups to put the Damage value next to the weapon (if there's multiple) but it's a separate value if they only have 1 attack. Can we make it consistent for usability-sake? I actually prefer the damage in ( ) next to it version if that helps.

Amazing tool! Absolutely using this!
                  Thanks!

As for the inconsistent formatting, Ketrus just hadn't entered all of the rest of the stats in his new format. I updated the rest, and it should all look nice and uniform now.

Comment

Also, this isn't big but people were requested spots for Senses, and Resist and such. I wonder how difficult it would be to include the ability to add your own abilities and their scores? Like sure most folks use senses and resist, but then my assassins have a Stealth pool. Or my hunter to have a Tracking pool.

It's not the end of the world to have to write that on the side myself, but how difficult would it be to allow users to insert their own categories as well as values?

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Also, this isn't big but people were requested spots for Senses, and Resist and such. I wonder how difficult it would be to include the ability to add your own abilities and their scores? Like sure most folks use senses and resist, but then my assassins have a Stealth pool. Or my hunter to have a Tracking pool.

It's not the end of the world to have to write that on the side myself, but how difficult would it be to allow users to insert their own categories as well as values?
                      Might not be today (my players want to run an interlude this evening), but I'll put together another pull request that just chomps on book-formatted stat blocks and translates them to something the tool can handle. You can add arbitrary lines to the stat block without difficulty; after all, it only adjusts attacks, defense, magnitude, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketrus View Post

Might not be today (my players want to run an interlude this evening), but I'll put together another pull request that just chomps on book-formatted stat blocks and translates them to something the tool can handle. You can add arbitrary lines to the stat block without difficulty; after all, it only adjusts attacks, defense, magnitude, etc.
                        Yeah I figured that since everything that gets modified is in there now, it's just a few (theoretically) easy steps to having a fully fledged character sheet printable from this form.

I suppose all that's left after that is a magnitude tracker (actual health boxes) and then it's perfect!

Comment

Awesome resource! Thanks for making and sharing!!!

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response; I was out traveling for a bit (and working on the dice trick comparison grapher).

It wouldn't be too hard to add a "custom" field. Let me consider how best to do it in an expandable way so that people get more than one field. Work is super-busy right now, so I may not get to it this week. Feel free to prod me about it. The magnitude tracker is a "maybe" item.

Comment

This sounds really useful, going to check it out now. Subscribed!

Comment

Another request if I may, when you make the "Printable" Version, can it include the current Size set? It's useful in combat to see where they started from (as Size goes down as they get killed).

Comment

Working...
                                X