X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin_Fredericks
    started a topic Battle Group Generator

Battle Group Generator

If you're running a lot of combats involving battle groups, I've created a Javascript Battle Group Generator for that! Select troop type, adjust the Size, Drill, and Might sliders, and you'll get immediate stats.

Let me tell you, Cataphracts are terrifying, especially since they should be Might 2.

Please tell me if I've gotten something wrong, or if there's a troop type you'd like me to add.
    Last edited by Colin_Fredericks; 04-29-2016, 09:38 AM.

• Colin_Fredericks
    replied
    Originally posted by RCa View Post
    Neat!

It looks like Perfect Morale doesn't apply the +3 Magnitude bonus though? Page 210, near the bottom.
    Whoops - yes, you are correct. I forgot all about that. Should be fixed now.

I'm glad everyone is getting good use out of this! Ryoki, I'll see what I can do about that.

Leave a comment:

• RCa
    replied
    Neat!

It looks like Perfect Morale doesn't apply the +3 Magnitude bonus though? Page 210, near the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Katana1515
    replied
    Just wanted to drop in and offer my thanks for creating this program. Its amazingly useful, particularly for tracking how the stats change as the groups lose size

Leave a comment:

• Ryoki
    replied
    I also wanted to leave my thanks! It's an awesome little program. It makes it so much faster to wing unexpected encounters on the fly. And it keeps getting better.
    Even though it stops working after saving too many custom battlegroups. I think I was able to save 2 with chrome and then the program stopped adjusting the numbers after selecting a different preset. Only manually deleting the Cookies helped.

Leave a comment:

• Zeesun
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin_Fredericks View Post
    Tiny little update: the Size field now reminds you how many dudes are in a group that size.

I never got around to adding the custom fields. Sorry.
    As always, thank you so much for contributing this stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Colin_Fredericks
    replied
    Tiny little update: the Size field now reminds you how many dudes are in a group that size.

I never got around to adding the custom fields. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Kerredai
    replied
    Awesome! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Colin_Fredericks
    replied
    Might, size, and drill are now on the printable version.

Also, you should be able to save the custom armies that you make now. They'll show up at the top of the dropdown list. You'll need to be on the same browser of the same computer in order to get to them.

Let me know if it gives you any trouble. The interface still isn't perfect with this feature; it's refreshing when I save an army rather than selecting the new army. It seems to work fine other than that, though.

The custom field is the next piece to add.

Leave a comment:

• Colin_Fredericks
    replied
    Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
    Another request if I may, when you make the "Printable" Version, can it include the current Size set? It's useful in combat to see where they started from (as Size goes down as they get killed).
    Oh, good point. Yes, I'll make sure that size, might, and drill get included.

Leave a comment:

• The Unsung Hero
    replied
    Another request if I may, when you make the "Printable" Version, can it include the current Size set? It's useful in combat to see where they started from (as Size goes down as they get killed).

Leave a comment:

• Pyrosorc
    replied
    This sounds really useful, going to check it out now. Subscribed!

Leave a comment:

• Colin_Fredericks
    replied
    Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
    Also, this isn't big but people were requested spots for Senses, and Resist and such. I wonder how difficult it would be to include the ability to add your own abilities and their scores? Like sure most folks use senses and resist, but then my assassins have a Stealth pool. Or my hunter to have a Tracking pool.

It's not the end of the world to have to write that on the side myself, but how difficult would it be to allow users to insert their own categories as well as values?
    Sorry for the delayed response; I was out traveling for a bit (and working on the dice trick comparison grapher).

It wouldn't be too hard to add a "custom" field. Let me consider how best to do it in an expandable way so that people get more than one field. Work is super-busy right now, so I may not get to it this week. Feel free to prod me about it. The magnitude tracker is a "maybe" item.

Leave a comment:

• TheSly9
    replied
    Awesome resource! Thanks for making and sharing!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Unsung Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketrus View Post

Might not be today (my players want to run an interlude this evening), but I'll put together another pull request that just chomps on book-formatted stat blocks and translates them to something the tool can handle. You can add arbitrary lines to the stat block without difficulty; after all, it only adjusts attacks, defense, magnitude, etc.
    Yeah I figured that since everything that gets modified is in there now, it's just a few (theoretically) easy steps to having a fully fledged character sheet printable from this form.

I suppose all that's left after that is a magnitude tracker (actual health boxes) and then it's perfect!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X