New 3E Demons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 3E Demons?

Can somebody please tell me what new demons were introduced in the Ex corebook? Names, circles, lineages, one-sentence description?

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
    Can somebody please tell me what new demons were introduced in the Ex corebook? Names, circles, lineages, one-sentence description?
    None? The standards and staples are there. Blood Apes, Neomah, Agatae, Alveua, Mara, Sigereth, Octavian. There are so many good, iconic, existing demons to write up, why would they be making new ones already?

Comment

There was one new first circle demon in the leak, but it was removed before the core released. The Fulope (Choral Equestrian) is a singing horse made of spindled glass fibres that can connect symbiotically with its rider like the various creatures from Avatar. It is descended from Adorjan, but its specific lineage is not mentioned.

One of the chapter fictions also introduces a plague-monster demon of the Second Circle, Ashafethe. The Sorcery chapter mentions another in passing, Glafira, the Zodiac of Blood.
      Last edited by Crumplepunch; 05-13-2016, 12:34 PM.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

Wait, the Fulope was new?! I could have sworn that was already a thing. Huh, more fool me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
          Wait, the Fulope was new?! I could have sworn that was already a thing. Huh, more fool me.
          I could be wrong, but I don't recall having seen it before Ex3.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

They got name-drop in Adorjan's GoD write-up along with a bunch of other demons who can repel her (which include the angyalka and the demjen). Seeing how the latter two has a focus on voice, I guess this Fulope is also some kind of singer ?

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Awesome! Thanks everyone.
              I was asking because I'm working on a demonic name generator and I want the phonology to be fitting.
              Well, mostly that. It was also an excuse to learn about any new demons.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
              Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

As far as I can tell, all of Jenna Moran's demon names come from Kate Monk's Onomastikon.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  As far as I can tell, all of Jenna Moran's demon names come from Kate Monk's Onomastikon.
                  Any particular region?

Comment

A significant portion of them are Hungarian, but not listed in the Onomastikon, as far as I can tell.

Comment

.... that's probably a lot. Which ones did she name? Every one in GoD? Including first circles?

Herp derp. I looked at GoD and Jenna Moran's not an author. So I have no idea which books she did write for. ?
                      Last edited by Erinys; 05-13-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post
                        The Sorcery chapter mentions another in passing, Glafira, the Zodiac of Blood.
                        Which I will note was totally made up on the spot, just like in the text!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Too late. Glafira is canon; we need a write up. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            I got that impression, but I thought I should mention any I could recall, so I did.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

::cough:: I'd still like to see a write up of Yan, the storm demon ancestor of Ledaal Kebok Coren. :3

Thread Reaper <(´ ՞)ਊ( ՞ )>

Comment

Working...
                              X