No announcement yet.

New 3E Demons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of Yan. Is anything known about it?

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
      Storm demon, with a Dragon-Blooded descendant who inherited a touch of it. Not much else about him.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

He and Ledaal Kebok Sulco (Ledaal Kebok's daughter) are lovers. There's some uncertainty about generation as it varies between editions and within different sections of the 2e DB book, but Sulco and Yan are either Coren's grandparents or great-grandparents. There's a plot seed involving Yan taking an interest in Coren's activities because her demon blooded powers.
        Last edited by Xanandithras; 05-13-2016, 07:28 PM.

Thread Reaper <(´ ՞)ਊ( ՞ )>

Comment

There's also a demon name-dropped as Karsa in the Archery description, flying on wings of molten obsidian and accompanied by a flock of heart-gorging ravens.

The Occult description has "revolving congeries of eyes and pedipalps" that dissolve into smoking silver sand upon dying.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-13-2016, 07:52 PM.

He/him

Comment

.... that's probably a lot. Which ones did she name? Every one in GoD? Including first circles?

Herp derp. I looked at GoD and Jenna Moran's not an author. So I have no idea which books she did write for. ?

Was probably under her old name of Rebecca Borgstrom; she worked on Sidereals, Outcastes, Fair Folk, GoD, Savant & Sorceror

Comment

Buh..... Borgstrom and Moran are the same person? *is confused*

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
              Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Yep, same person. She legally changed her name at some point.
                Last edited by danelsan; 05-14-2016, 06:07 PM.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Yes. See The Repository of All Wisdom and Knowledge.

Comment

Having searched that website for a long list of Old Realm names that I had assumed/hoped to be nonsense words (and being banned by the entirety of Google as a spambot, having to delete and reinstall and reconfigure my browser) I found more than half are on that one website.

Which implies that there are probably not more than 5 actual nonsense, non-real-world names in everything in all of Exalted. So... all that fun work I did constructing post-hoc phonology and random name generators for Old Realm was garbage? I mean I knew nobody ever sat down and made an actual language, but I hoped there was enough "lexicon" that had no real-world origin that I could construct something.

Comment

Having searched that website for a long list of Old Realm names that I had assumed/hoped to be nonsense words (and being banned by the entirety of Google as a spambot, having to delete and reinstall and reconfigure my browser) I found more than half are on that one website.

Which implies that there are probably not more than 5 actual nonsense, non-real-world names in everything in all of Exalted. So... all that fun work I did constructing post-hoc phonology and random name generators for Old Realm was garbage? I mean I knew nobody ever sat down and made an actual language, but I hoped there was enough "lexicon" that had no real-world origin that I could construct something.

I don't think it is time wasted. Sometimes you want a name that isn't ripped from a real world culture.

I write things.

Comment

But how's that really different from the Phonetic Name Generator, which is totally random with no phonological rules? Is the Old Realm one actually more useful, if it refers to/resembles nothing in-setting?

I started this Old Realm project because I wanted to be able to come up with something self-consistent, point to it, and say "that's what Old Realm sounds like."

Edit: Is there a way I can still do that?
                        Last edited by Erinys; 05-15-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

While the initial subject has moved on, I do want to throw in another (new?) demon who appears in the 3CD summoning spell.

Ienimea, the River of Faces, condenses as a cloud of mist from the breath of all present before erupting forth from its ephemeral depths.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Thanks!

Does that begin with the vowel I or the consonant L?

Comment

I think it's the vowel, the spell also list Ligier and Erembour, both names has the first character in uppercase so it's probably the same with "ienimea".

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                                I think it's the vowel, the spell also list Ligier and Erembour, both names has the first character in uppercase so it's probably the same with "ienimea".
                                You are correct!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X