X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erinys
    started a topic New 3E Demons?

New 3E Demons?

Can somebody please tell me what new demons were introduced in the Ex corebook? Names, circles, lineages, one-sentence description?

• Ardis
    replied
    What I like about exalted is that a very well developed background, but also allows for the addition of custom characters/mobs/etc as the storyteller desires.

I really don't feel any great need for them to add more demons, elementals, gods, etc... to the rule books. Just port over the ones from 1st and 2nd ed and let the storytellers add their own if they see a need for something that hasn't already been put in. I thought 2nd edition had good rules in the scroll of glorious divinity for creating my own gods. Though I also applied this to elementals and demons on occasion.

So, in summary. Just bring over the existing stuff and give us rules that let us write up our own gods/demons/elementals/etc as needed.
    Last edited by Ardis; 05-22-2016, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Jen View Post
    I think it's the vowel, the spell also list Ligier and Erembour, both names has the first character in uppercase so it's probably the same with "ienimea".
    You are correct!

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I think it's the vowel, the spell also list Ligier and Erembour, both names has the first character in uppercase so it's probably the same with "ienimea".

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Thanks!

Does that begin with the vowel I or the consonant L?

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    While the initial subject has moved on, I do want to throw in another (new?) demon who appears in the 3CD summoning spell.

Ienimea, the River of Faces, condenses as a cloud of mist from the breath of all present before erupting forth from its ephemeral depths.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    But how's that really different from the Phonetic Name Generator, which is totally random with no phonological rules? Is the Old Realm one actually more useful, if it refers to/resembles nothing in-setting?

I started this Old Realm project because I wanted to be able to come up with something self-consistent, point to it, and say "that's what Old Realm sounds like."

Edit: Is there a way I can still do that?
    Last edited by Erinys; 05-15-2016, 12:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wonderandawe
    replied
    Originally posted by Erinys View Post
    Having searched that website for a long list of Old Realm names that I had assumed/hoped to be nonsense words (and being banned by the entirety of Google as a spambot, having to delete and reinstall and reconfigure my browser) I found more than half are on that one website.

Which implies that there are probably not more than 5 actual nonsense, non-real-world names in everything in all of Exalted. So... all that fun work I did constructing post-hoc phonology and random name generators for Old Realm was garbage? I mean I knew nobody ever sat down and made an actual language, but I hoped there was enough "lexicon" that had no real-world origin that I could construct something.

I don't think it is time wasted. Sometimes you want a name that isn't ripped from a real world culture.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Having searched that website for a long list of Old Realm names that I had assumed/hoped to be nonsense words (and being banned by the entirety of Google as a spambot, having to delete and reinstall and reconfigure my browser) I found more than half are on that one website.

Which implies that there are probably not more than 5 actual nonsense, non-real-world names in everything in all of Exalted. So... all that fun work I did constructing post-hoc phonology and random name generators for Old Realm was garbage? I mean I knew nobody ever sat down and made an actual language, but I hoped there was enough "lexicon" that had no real-world origin that I could construct something.

Leave a comment:

• Verzio
    replied
    Buh..... Borgstrom and Moran are the same person? *is confused*
    Yes. See The Repository of All Wisdom and Knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• danelsan
    replied
    Yep, same person. She legally changed her name at some point.
    Last edited by danelsan; 05-14-2016, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nightwinder
    replied
    .... that's probably a lot. Which ones did she name? Every one in GoD? Including first circles?

Herp derp. I looked at GoD and Jenna Moran's not an author. So I have no idea which books she did write for. ?

Was probably under her old name of Rebecca Borgstrom; she worked on Sidereals, Outcastes, Fair Folk, GoD, Savant & Sorceror

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    There's also a demon name-dropped as Karsa in the Archery description, flying on wings of molten obsidian and accompanied by a flock of heart-gorging ravens.

The Occult description has "revolving congeries of eyes and pedipalps" that dissolve into smoking silver sand upon dying.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-13-2016, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Xanandithras
    replied
    Never heard of Yan. Is anything known about it?
    He and Ledaal Kebok Sulco (Ledaal Kebok's daughter) are lovers. There's some uncertainty about generation as it varies between editions and within different sections of the 2e DB book, but Sulco and Yan are either Coren's grandparents or great-grandparents. There's a plot seed involving Yan taking an interest in Coren's activities because her demon blooded powers.
    Last edited by Xanandithras; 05-13-2016, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X