The Exigence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exigence

I don't know if this has been covered but can the Unconquered Sun make his own Exigents from the Exigence? Or are Solars technically Exigents? Are the original Exalted still created by Autochthon or are they all from the Exigence now?

The Unconquered Sun created the Exigence as a means for lesser gods to choose their Chosen. He and the other Celestial Incarnae don't make Exigents—they already have their Chosen.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

There are the Exalted, as made by the five Incarna and other weird ones with less known creation mythos (Getimians, Liminals). They are Exalted.

Then there are the Exalted made by the Exigence. The Exigence is a way for lesser gods to create Exalted champions. Solars are not Exigents. Solars are Exalted. Exigents are Exalted.

I am not completely certain if the Original Exalted were made by Autochthon, though I'm sure he had some important role in their creation. Exigence is a completely different thing than how the originals were made.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        The Unconquered Sun created the Exigence as a means for lesser gods to choose their Chosen. He and the other Celestial Incarnae don't make Exigents—they already have their Chosen.
        But, why not?

Comment

"What would happen if the Unconquered Sun tried to make an Exigent" is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect Creations scholars to get into arguments about whilst stoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Arteliex View Post

I am not completely certain if the Original Exalted were made by Autochthon, though I'm sure he had some important role in their creation. Exigence is a completely different thing than how the originals were made.
            What makes you so certain that's the case?

Comment

Alchies, presumably. Although I guess they could have their backstory changed so that instead of prototypes they're more like an application of the principles Autochthon merely helped the Incarnae hash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyzerg View Post
                But, why not?
                A force created to empower lesser divinities to create Exalted would not be of use to greater divinities, who have already demonstrated they can create Exalted.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

A force created to empower lesser divinities to create Exalted would not be of use to greater divinities, who have already demonstrated they can create Exalted.
                  So, that's canon that the Incarnae were the sole creators of their exalted?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyzerg View Post

So, that's canon that the Incarnae were the sole creators of their exalted?
                    That's not a statement I intended to make. I'm avoiding specifics about Autocthon because I don't know any canonically specific information about him in Ex3.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That's not a statement I intended to make. I'm avoiding specifics about Autocthon because I don't know any canonically specific information about him in Ex3.
                      So you don't know. Okay, that's fine. Maybe it will get answered in time, maybe not.

Comment

Auto who?

10chars

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

The Exigence is there to show that Exaltation is myriad in its forms and origins. Plugging everything into the Exigence is rather missing the point.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                          [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                          [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
                            Auto who?
                            It's a kind of curdled Serbian cheese made with the milk of alpine marmots. Complex and interesting at first, but with a bitter aftertaste.

I don't know what it has to do with anything.
                            Last edited by Crumplepunch; 05-14-2016, 07:36 PM.

A Clutch of Dragons: First Draft pdf

Comment

Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
                              Auto who?

10chars
                              One of the Primordials, named Autochthon, The Great Maker, assisted the Gods in their rebellion. He played an important part in the Exaltation process, though what, specifically, that part was is unclear. After the Primordial War, he left.

For more information on what happened after that, I suggest looking at the 2e Compass of Celestial Directions - Autochthonia.

Placeholder

Comment

Working...
                              X