Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Mørke has a Patreon

You can give John money here.

At the moment he's only got 11 patrons. I know he has more fans than that, so I've got to assume y'all just don't know about this.

If you like the way 3e is shaping up, and you want to help make sure it keeps going in the same direction, now's your chance. This edition is going to take a long time to finish, and people need to eat if they want to write. Three years from now, Patreon income could be the difference between John finishing Lunars and John realizing that he just can't afford to keep writing for Exalted.

Besides, it's sad that writing RPGs doesn't pay a living wage. We live in the richest society ever to exist, we should be able to support our artists and entertainers. Normal market forces seem unlikely to correct this any time soon so we need to get generous.

If you have a few dollars to spare, maybe send them his way.

PS: I hesitated to post this, because I know I've got a reputation as a hater and I thought it might seem disingenuous. But people should know. Please believe me when I say I'm not up to anything weird here.

Pledged. Not much yet, but hopefully more soon.

Comment

I've passed the word on to two people who said they'd pledge. My finances aren't so great myself but I'll see to it that others help.

Comment

I will buy Exalted books if they're good.

Y'all are free to spend your own money however you like.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

That's.... odd. Didn't Morke compare having a pateron to prostitution a while back and say he'd never ever stoop to that level, or was that one of other devs? Not saying I share the sentiment, but if that was him this is quite a turn-around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
            We live in the richest society ever to exist
            ​Well... that explains a lot.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by HK-87 View Post
              That's.... odd. Didn't Morke compare having a pateron to prostitution a while back and say he'd never ever stoop to that level, or was that one of other devs? Not saying I share the sentiment, but if that was him this is quite a turn-around.
              I don't monitor every word out of his mouth but a Patreon is something we've chatted about on and off for a while (we had ideas about a podcast but wow I have a foul mouth...). I mean he maybe changed his mind but he's never mentioned that to me (not to mention some of his fave artists have Patreons).

This isn't Exalted stuff - I means obvs buy the books, but the Patreon is generalised support with possible sneak previews of other stuff of his. Like the idea that started out trolling me then turned into a horrifying and occasionally hilarious dystopia with superheroes that I want to read even though it's straight up trolling. Or that story that made me cry in the library. Twice.

So yeah, spend your money however you like, I recommend supporting the artists you like and if you aren't a fan of how creative work is now crowd sourced in lots of industries you work to fix that. And if you don't like someone's work, well, that's fine? Is this really the thread for making sure each and every one of us knows how much you dislike them/their work?

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

Originally posted by HK-87 View Post
                Nishkriya search turns up nothing. And I can't remember any of them saying anything like that.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with prostitution or Patreon.

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                ​Well... that explains a lot.
                What do you mean?

I thought it was a pretty trivial statement from a modern Canadian to an audience of modern English-speakers about a modern American.

Comment

What do you mean?

I thought it was a pretty trivial statement from a modern Canadian to an audience of modern English-speakers about a modern American.
                  Yeah, certainly not all of us are from/live in developed, Western democracies, but it's a good bet most of us are.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this. I will put some in there in a following month or two (both my wife and I were in separate car wrecks this month, so understatement of the year to say money is tight) when money gets back under control. My few interactions with the man were genuinely fun and informative and I think he has a lot of talent. (and flaws, but who doesn't?)

[URL="https://www.patreon.com/emptyset?ty=h"]...I know I've got a reputation as a hater...
                    Your whole persona changed for me after you switched away from the angry mustached man icon. I'm probably too visual of a person..

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Maybe I'm just biased, since to me "richest society that ever existed" means Celtic Tiger, and those days are long gone.

Still, if people did happen to live in the richest, smartest, most moral society that ever existed, across the span of about six thousand years of historical ebbs and flows, well... lucky them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                        Still, if people did happen to live in the richest, smartest, most moral society that ever existed, across the span of about six thousand years of historical ebbs and flows, well... lucky them.
                        Why are you arguing about things nobody said, while derailing the thread at that?

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Isator and I argued the nature of progress and the direction of historical change in an earlier thread. I'm guessing he's reliving that. Interesting stuff, but probably not appropriate for here.

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                          Your whole persona changed for me after you switched away from the angry mustached man icon. I'm probably too visual of a person..
                          That's actually a major reason I changed it. I realized it wasn't doing anything good for my image.

Comment

It's probably sensible for me to take on another expense, but if I shaved a bit off of my current patronage and funnel the difference...

Comment

Don't do that don't evade points like a fucking coward

​derail because of petty, pathetic obsessions and sniping and other things I hate if I get a smidgen of perspective

no excuses. need to be better.

I am sorry. In general, and to Sanctaphrax specifically.

Is a particularly unworthy thing to have done for a post and a thread about this of all things.

idiotuiudiotidiot

Comment

Working...
                              X