No announcement yet.

John Mørke has a Patreon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't beat yourself up about it, I don't much care.

Anyway, it looks like five patrons have joined since this thread started. So that's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctaphrax View Post
      https://www.patreon.com/emptyset?ty=h"]You can give John money here.[/URL]
      Besides, it's sad that writing RPGs doesn't pay a living wage. We live in the richest society ever to exist.
      It's a petty common mistake to think that money lies in the hands of the majority, but a staggering number of people (including me) live below the poverty line. Obviously that is not 'starving in Africa' levels of poverty, and I am very grateful for that, but please don't spread the stereotype.

But this is definitely a good cause. Thank you for posting it!
      Last edited by TwitchTheRat; 05-18-2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwitchTheRat View Post
        It's a petty common mistake to think that money lies in the hands of the majority, but a staggering number of people (including me) live below the poverty line. Obviously that is not 'starving in Africa' levels of poverty, and I am very grateful for that, but please don't spread the stereotype.

But this is definitely a good cause. Thank you for posting it!

I think that a lot of people are jumping on and ragging him about a tangential point. Nobody is arguing for the erasure of modern poverty here, lord knows its a huge issue.

That said, this is about John, and those who can pitching in to help him with what they are able.

Pronounced "Monkey Pie"

Find my actual play content here!

Comment

Does John have cancer? I never saw how the previous GoFundMe things were resolved, and the Patreon page references health problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Piff View Post
            Does John have cancer? I never saw how the previous GoFundMe things were resolved, and the Patreon page references health problems...
            I think he got that treatment, but the recovery's still a right bitch and a half, and I don't think the symptoms would just go away overnight. The impression I got was that he's had chronic health problems for a while.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              > words
              don't drunkpost, chief

Hey, you, reading this! Do you want to see books about Fantasy North Africa? Check out Sanguine's latest Kickstarter for The Book Of Horn and Ivory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kukla View Post
                don't drunkpost, chief
                ​That's not drunkenness, it's struggling to conduct myself with an ounce of decorum.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​That's not drunkenness, it's struggling to conduct myself with an ounce of decorum.
                  Welcome to the internet.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                  Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                  Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                  The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                  ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I think he got that treatment, but the recovery's still a right bitch and a half, and I don't think the symptoms would just go away overnight. The impression I got was that he's had chronic health problems for a while.

The treatment he got caused a bunch of other problems which are slowly getting sorted out but it takes time, even without US health systems adding a bajillion difficulty dice to everything. Which ties in with the 'living wage and health insurance' stuff. He is getting better and better (from my point of view anyway) and that's reflected in how much fun he had on Backer Charms and stuff like that. If you've ever been chronically ill and/or chronically sleep deprived, you'll understand what I mean.

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                      If you've ever been chronically ill and/or chronically sleep deprived, you'll understand what I mean.
                      Closest I've got is being pretty much married to someone with the latter, but yeah, I'm glad to hear that he's getting better.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post

The treatment he got caused a bunch of other problems

Regardless of what John's actual health issues and treatments actually are, this is the kind of thing that is why I am very interested in targeted therapies.

I mean interested in an actual professional and academic sense. As in "this is something I want to put my education towards contributing to research and development, or at least manufacturing".

Also because nanomachines.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

You guys are so amazing. I had no idea someone posted my patreon link, and then all of a sudden I started getting patrons out of nowhere. Thank you so much.

Comment

I'll try to set aside money sometime in the upcoming months. I just... don't have a super large amount. But I want to support good people.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

I don't have a ton, but every little bit helps, ya know?

Formerly Exodan

Comment

Working...
                              X