Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Ex3] The Wyld Hunt arrests, but not kills, Anathema?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
    I still want to know how a Wyld Hunt managed to capture an Anthema and drags them safety to the Blessed Isle without them escaping or running into the rest of their Anathema friends.
    The one time my group ever tried to capture an Exalt, he ended up being a Solar talker, and he convinced us to let him go no fewer than three times before we called the whole thing a loss and knifed him.

(The real kicker was that my character was a Scourge, who forgot about his anima. *facepalm* )

DrLoveMonkey - "On the other hand having a warhammer that's basically a steel beer keg on the end of a seven foot pole is fucking awesome."

Comment

I'm sure there are tons of Dynasts who would torture a Solar or Lunar to death purely for the fun of it.

But how is still baffling.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
      Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

Originally posted by Octopoid View Post

The one time my group ever tried to capture an Exalt, he ended up being a Solar talker, and he convinced us to let him go no fewer than three times before we called the whole thing a loss and knifed him.

(The real kicker was that my character was a Scourge, who forgot about his anima. *facepalm* )

I kind of want to create a talky dawn who recruits Dragonblooded Legions via being captured by Wyld Hunt and talking them into join his cause.

Travel times are long in Creation. Even in Ex3, you can instill some positive intimacies in a few months it takes to travel from the Threshold.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

The Empress was clearly using Solars for something.

There's no answer as to what.

(Most Wyld Hunts aim to kill, though.)

Comment

Besides, the notion that a given Solar can just accrue XP to spend on Athletics/Brawl/Larceny Charms until escape is a certainty is... flawed.

Some Solars might genuinely need some sort of artifact Essence-dampening cuffs to contain them, but for others, a locked cell with an armed guard who has no languages in common with the Solar will suffice. Wyld Hunts often receive a degree of intel on their targets, so it's reasonable for them to have an idea of whether it's the former kind or the latter.

Also, not everyone in Creation has the player mindset of "Being in captivity is just, like, the worst. Much better to risk dying making an attempt at escape."
            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-17-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Solars aren't the fucking Super-Adaptoid or Amazo or whatever.

Comment

As long as you use some finesse most lone solars would not be terribly difficult to catch.
                With the major perception of a big wyld hunt containing multiple dragon blooded circles and hundreds of troops,
                It's easy to forget that the preferred method & weapon of the wyld hunt is guile.
                Solars have to sleep and a supernaturally quiet air could then drug them. There are certainly charms that would render this approach Invalid but not all solar have them.
                Once you have a drugged/Incapacitated solar it's a terrible waste just to kill him.
                chop-off his arms and legs. (repeat as necessary, just make sure he doesn't die from blood loss)
                Blind the solar (on a weekly bases if need be.)
                Cut out his tongue so he can't utilize social fu on his jailers.
                Force feed him the bare minimum to keep him alive.
                And you've got your own private jade prison for a single solar that will last for thousands of years.

Adi

Comment

Originally posted by adimar View Post
                  As long as you use some finesse most lone solars would not be terribly difficult to catch.
                  With the major perception of a big wyld hunt containing multiple dragon blooded circles and hundreds of troops,
                  It's easy to forget that the preferred method & weapon of the wyld hunt is guile.
                  Solars have to sleep and a supernaturally quiet air could then drug them. There are certainly charms that would render this approach Invalid but not all solar have them.
                  Once you have a drugged/Incapacitated solar it's a terrible waste just to kill him.
                  chop-off his arms and legs. (repeat as necessary, just make sure he doesn't die from blood loss)
                  Blind the solar (on a weekly bases if need be.)
                  Cut out his tongue so he can't utilize social fu on his jailers.
                  Force feed him the bare minimum to keep him alive.
                  And you've got your own private jade prison for a single solar that will last for thousands of years.
                  And suddenly that suicide spell has a use.....

This is good stuff. Lots of things for PCs to be frightened by and to hate the Wyld Hunt for.

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

Comment

Have we had this discussion before? Oh, gods, we have had this discussion before. We've had it twice, even.

Comment

Some Solars you could capture simply by threatening their families/friends/perfect strangers. A Twilight with Supernal Medicine might well be unable to do much more than heal the sick, which doesn't do much against a locked cage door.

Placeholder

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post

Damn it. You caught me. I just wanted to see if there were any new ways of controlling Exalts in the new book and wrote a click bait topic to get people to respond.

*pouts*
                        *Avoidance Kata*

Comment

Also, not all Anathema are Solars or Lunars.
                          Originally posted by Ex3; Page 74
                          The Immaculates apply the technical term Anathema—in the Realm it’s a formal clerical finding—to anything that the order finds abhorrent to stable and prosperous life. Solar and Lunar Exalted are always Anathema; the label can also potentially encompass Fair Folk, beastmen, elementals, and demons who threaten Realm interests, as well as gods and their Exigent champions in open rebellion against the Immaculate Philosophy.
                          And given that Solars - as prisoners or otherwise - have been rather... scarce the past few centuries, I'd assume that most prisons were mostly made for non-Solar Anathema.

Silencing Whisper, Eclipse; Amethyst, Changing Moon;
                          Daughter of Charcoal and Ash, Dusk, and her Full Moon sister;
                          Broken Crystal, Infernal (Night-, or maybe Twilight-equivalent).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                            Some Solars you could capture simply by threatening their families/friends/perfect strangers. A Twilight with Supernal Medicine might well be unable to do much more than heal the sick, which doesn't do much against a locked cage door.

New story idea: Desperate parent breaks into Anathema prison to release Twilight to save their dying child.

Comment

Originally posted by Octopoid View Post

The next Solar I play is going to be an escapee from the Imperial Manse, focused on escaping from things he shouldn't. Call him Snake.
                              Also from the book in the report about the Empress's disappearance.

Originally posted by Tareus Slate
                              " Several Exalted apparently imprisoned within the Imperial Manse have escaped. While most made for the shores of the Blessed Isle
                              and stole transportation to the Threshold, several have disappeared into the thronging populations of the Isle’s cities or into its vast
                              farmlands or wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                A Twilight with Supernal Medicine might well be unable to do much more than heal the sick, which doesn't do much against a locked cage door.
                                Teleportation does, though, so the guards must be alert all the time to knockdown or knockout a Twilight trying to vanish within their own Anima, or somehow make sure to keep them starved of Essence and/or Willpower

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Working...
                                X