Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all. I'm Libaros, and have been putting off posting anything around here for far to long. I've been playing tabletops for about 4 years now, and started to run games this last 4 months or so (choosing Exalted to start my career as a DM has been a small mistake). I am playing in a ongoing 3e game and running a 3e with players all new to the system, so its a learning experience all around. I enjoy making artifacts and deities in most systems, but abhor stating them. I've creeped about the forums for a while now, so now that I have stuff to share I hope to get to know some of you well.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might,
    Whether its gloomy, whether its bright."

Comment

• Hey all! I used to be very active on previous versions of the forums, and elsewhere, as Magnificentmomo. I fell off for awhile between editions (after backing the KS), and lost some steam so wasn't active during the Ex3 go live. I've been recently reintroduced and reinvigorated and loving this new edition (if you hadn't already noticed my activity). I'd have to say it was Exaltwitch and Doom and Gloam that finally got me to jump into 3e (I was kinda waiting for my Deluxe Edition, but I don't want to start that conversation).

So hello again my old friends.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Hello World!
        I’m a history student as well as a hobby artist and conlanger. I’ve been playing Exalted with my micro-group for quite some time now. I hope to find new ideas and inspirations for our game(s) and meet interesting people on this forum.
        Sadly my English is not the best when writing or speaking, but my understanding of it is quite good. Please forgive me the mistakes I may make in the future and feel free to point them out to me.

And in the case you are wondering whatpiri piri” means, it’s the sound of frying tempura. :)
        Last edited by Piri-Piri; 03-11-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Huh, I never posted here, it seems.

Hi. I'm Weimann. I'm a very-soon-to-be thirty-something from Sweden, where I teach Swedish (to native speakers) and English (as a second language) on the Swedish equivalent of high school level (which for reference is called "gymnasium", much to the confusion of English-speakers).

I've been into Exalted since... sometime after Infernals and before Ink Monkeys? Like many, I love the setting, but I've had very little opportunity to actually play the game. My goal now is to get something going once Terrestrials 3e hits, by force if I have to. I'm currently slowly indoctrinating my friends into RPGs through Dungeon World.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• Originally posted by Weimann View Post
            Huh, I never posted here, it seems.

Hi. I'm Weimann. I'm a very-soon-to-be thirty-something from Sweden, where I teach Swedish (to native speakers) and English (as a second language) on the Swedish equivalent of high school level (which for reference is called "gymnasium", much to the confusion of English-speakers).
            Yup, this English speaker is definitely confused, though as a Texan I have experienced many public high schools that are really just elaborate gyms for football teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
              Yup, this English speaker is definitely confused, though as a Texan I have experienced many public high schools that are really just elaborate gyms for football teams.
              It stems from the same root etymologically. From Wikipedia:

The word gymnasium is the latinisation of the Greek noun γυμνάσιον (gymnasion), "gymnastic school", in pl. "bodily exercises" and generally "school"[2] which in turn is derived from the common Greek adjective γυμνός (gymnos) meaning "naked",[3] by way of the related verb γυμνάζω (gymnazo), whose meaning is "to train naked", "train in gymnastic exercise", generally "to train, to exercise".[4] The verb had this meaning because one undressed for exercise. Historically, the gymnasium was used for exercise, communal bathing, and scholarly and philosophical pursuits.
              During the 1500s, the word "gymnasium" started to be used in Germany to refer to schools giving education that prepared for university, which is how it's used in Sweden today. Later, however, we also imported the English meaning in the shortened form "gym", so when someone says "jag går till gymmet" (I'm going to the gym), they do mean they're going to perform physical exercise, not that they're off to school.

Although, "gym" doesn't mean quite the same thing in English and Swedish either. In English, I'm given to understand that it can refer to the big open indoor hall or outdoor field where any exercise or sport can be practiced, as well as the spaces with machines, barbells and more stationary workout equipment. In Swedish, a "gym" is specifically the latter; a place for workout machines and equipment. You'd never, for example, play football in a gym, but you'd perhaps do it in the "gymnastiksal" ("gymnastics hall"), which fits more with the former meaning.

We're also not typically naked in any of these situations.
              Last edited by Weimann; 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• I'm a bit late posting here, but Hi! I'm M. InkSplatterM if you want to get formal. I can be found in the greater Chicagoland area of the US. Been interested in Exalted since I found it about midway through it's second edition (you could still buy the books in bookstores and I thiiiiink that at least up to the DB book was published), when I found it and other (then) white wolf publishing games.

I'm mostly interested in sliding the things I homebrew by other people becuase I have a never ending need for validation, and I'm always nervous about if the mechanics are balanced okay enough.

Glad to be here though and I really like reading the conversations in other threads.

Comment

• Hello! I joined a while ago but this would be my first post here, please excuse the tardiness. I got into Exalted sometime after the last few books were rolled out for 2E. Since the arrival of the much anticipated 3E, I've played several oneshot short arc campaigns with my friends. We sometimes play Changeling as well.

I'm hoping to stumble across ideas for character building and homebrew, errata, and maybe participate in a few quests. (I... sorta lurked on wonderandawe's Hero. It was great!)

Comment

• I am a cop by training, and in two weeks I will be returning to police work in a small town just outside Manhattan, Kansas. I am a married guy with two very small boys. I am just over 40 and I have been playing RPGs since I was 11 in boy scouts.

I got into Exalted during the Power Combat era of 1st edition. The forum was a nasty place back then. We said nasty stuff and treated each other poorly. I am too damn old for that now.

Why do I tell folks I am a cop? Well, it informs how I look at the world. Words in statutes mean some specific things. It can make me literal minded, and sometimes that is good. Other times bad. It also means that I write differently when trying to figure out what folks mean.

I am very happy to be back.

Comment

• Oh, I haven't done this either. Let's share!

I live in Sweden, on the east-coast, in a town known for burning goats. I work in customer service for a train company because I can't find a better job. I have used our free education system to study professional writing, journalism and philosophy, but I got lazy and never finished a degree. So I got stuck with customer service for now with plans to go back to school before I get too old. As I'm writing this, I'm starting to get too old. I'm 29 years old and closing in on 30. I'm a dude and my forum name means Squirrel in Swedish. Squirrels are awesome animals and we need a badass squirrel Lunar as a 3E canon character.

The first time I played a tabletop roleplaying game was when I was eight years old and my older neighbor had this Swedish game called "Drakar och demoner". I didn't understand anything at the time, but I was hooked, and I spent the ages 8 to 10 to try to write my own roleplaying game because my older neighbor didn't want to play anymore. Since I didn't know anything about rpg systems when I was 8, I ended up drawing pictures of axes in a notepad, and then smugly tell people around me that I was a serious game designer. When I was 10, I bought my own rpg book for a Swedish game called Eon. What I didn't know at the time was that Eon is a game with an unnecessarily complex system, having convoluted mechanics for every single thing you can think of. Not the game to get when you're 10. I did learn how to make characters though. Since I had no friends interested in the hobby, I spent ages 10-15 making characters and writing stories for this one game I never played. Then I put the books away, introduced myself to emo culture, and became the most pretentious little poet imaginable. I did meet girls though, so it wasn't all bad.

Age 18, got into a writing school, and started hanging out with nerds again. Lo and behold, these nerds played roleplaying games. When I was 19, a friend asked me "Do you want to play Exalted?" I said: "I used to play stuff like that when I was a kid" (even though I never actually played as a kid). So we had our first session of Exalted. That first character I made is still my favorite character and he is also my profile picture. I was hooked immediately.

Now I've invested most of my free time for ten years doing something Exalted related, like storytelling, playing or making custom content. I don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: June 23, 2017

Comment

• So.. Hi! I'm five days away from being an 24 year old dude who drives a taxi for a living from Finland. I live in a small town smack in the middle of nowhere with my girlfriend and our daughter. I'd also like to once again mention - and possibly apologize in advance - that I'm not a native English speaker so if I've somehow managed to already offend someone, it most likely has been non-intentional. Probably. Maybe.

I've actually been an anonymous lurker for years now, even back in the days when those white wolf forums were still up and running, and only just recently bothered to actually register - with Exalted 3rd edition being one of the primary motivators for me to do so. I've had very poor luck so I haven't actually played 3rd edition yet - and not for a lack of trying - but I'm hoping 3rd ed Dragonbloods will change that. Besides that, I've got some experience in primarily playing several of the World of Darkness splats, both old and new with a healthy mix of Scion. Of all of those games, Exalted is actually my favourite - terrestrials and infernals in particular - even though I've unfortunately got very little experience in actually playing it. I'm currently searching for a ST and players interested in playing Exalted with me over the internet, so if anyone interested reads this, feel free to contact me .

Comment

• Hello from Korea. =O I first started playing Exalted 13-ish years ago and I was kinda active on the old forum, but I fell off and only recently got back into Exalted. I've gotten a local group together and I figured getting feedback on my ideas and sharing my homebrew stuff would be nice.

I guess one thing to note is that I'm in the process of translating Exalted stuff slowly -- playing Exalted with non-English speakers kinda made that necessary and once I used classical literary wuxia terms for Exalted-specific words, I had to do the whole thing in the style. If anyone's interested in reading about my translation process, let me know. I'd love to share what I've gotten down (as far as copyright laws and RPG content-sharing conventions would permit, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by szp View Post
                            I guess one thing to note is that I'm in the process of translating Exalted stuff slowly -- playing Exalted with non-English speakers kinda made that necessary and once I used classical literary wuxia terms for Exalted-specific words, I had to do the whole thing in the style. If anyone's interested in reading about my translation process, let me know. I'd love to share what I've gotten down (as far as copyright laws and RPG content-sharing conventions would permit, of course).
                            That's interesting. I almost exclusively play English RPGs with my RL groups. There are plenty of Swedish RPGs around, but we want to play our favorites instead and they are all in English: Exalted, Cyberpunk 2020, D&D. It gets kind of interesting how you communicate in Swedish and then add random "Swedishification" of English words from the game just to make the sentences coherent. It's even more interesting when there isn't a consensus and players start mixing even more, with some having characters bearing English names and others have characters with Swedish names.

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: June 23, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                              That's interesting. I almost exclusively play English RPGs with my RL groups. There are plenty of Swedish RPGs around, but we want to play our favorites instead and they are all in English: Exalted, Cyberpunk 2020, D&D. It gets kind of interesting how you communicate in Swedish and then add random "Swedishification" of English words from the game just to make the sentences coherent. It's even more interesting when there isn't a consensus and players start mixing even more, with some having characters bearing English names and others have characters with Swedish names.
                              Heh, I can imagine how that could work. But I think it's much harder to do that in Korean, though. Exalted has a very strong wuxia feel, but using English to describe such things kinda conflicts with Korean gamers' pre-existing ideas of wuxia, I think. Language and RPG in Korea have always had a weird deal. When talking about short, bearded, cave-dwelling, ale-drinking dwarves in fantasy RPGs, Korean gamers use the transliteration 드워프 rather than the Korean word 난쟁이. It just feels... more "fantastic" to us. Or something. I wish I could elaborate further on this, but I'm kinda delirious from sleep deprivation. =d

Comment

• So contributing to this shindig:

I'm Blaque. I first started with RPGs back in 2000 with Werewolf: the Apocalypse. Since then I've played or run that, Vampire: the Masquerade, Mage: the Ascension, Vampire: the Requiem, D&D (3.5e, 4e and 5e), Shadowrun (3e and 4e), Dresdon Files, Scion, Adventure!, Don't Rest Your Head, In a WIcked Age, BESM (I even have playtest credits in 3e), Legends of the Wulin, Legend of the Five Rings and of course, Exalted.

I got into Exalted when it came out though with 1e, got hyped when they first announced it and it has been my main game since. I've ran multiple campaigns over the years, though rarely ever have gotten to play, in all Directions and even I think for most splats save Sidereals (no one ever wanted to play one in my games) and Fair Folk (too much a pain in the ass).

For not-Exalted or RPG stuff, I like science, technology, politics, philosophy (I'm in a philosophy PhD program currently), history, anime and manga, cartoons in general, sci-fi and fantasy fiction and other pretty standard nerd shit. I draw cartoony fantasy art, often inspired by Exalted you can find here if you haven't seen it yet and have a blog I tossed-up not long ago to try and get more of a "how I do this" thing going. Might move it though to something like a Squarespace site if I can get more stuff on there this summer.

And I'm also known for ending all my posts with "And stuff." This is the result of the old WW forums originally having you have to write your signature sby-hand since they used awful old shitty software. It's now become almost a compulsive tick when I finish a post. So yeah, deal with it.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                                Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Working...
                                X