Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all. I'm Libaros, and have been putting off posting anything around here for far to long. I've been playing tabletops for about 4 years now, and started to run games this last 4 months or so (choosing Exalted to start my career as a DM has been a small mistake). I am playing in a ongoing 3e game and running a 3e with players all new to the system, so its a learning experience all around. I enjoy making artifacts and deities in most systems, but abhor stating them. I've creeped about the forums for a while now, so now that I have stuff to share I hope to get to know some of you well.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might,
    Whether its gloomy, whether its bright."

Comment

• Hey all! I used to be very active on previous versions of the forums, and elsewhere, as Magnificentmomo. I fell off for awhile between editions (after backing the KS), and lost some steam so wasn't active during the Ex3 go live. I've been recently reintroduced and reinvigorated and loving this new edition (if you hadn't already noticed my activity). I'd have to say it was Exaltwitch and Doom and Gloam that finally got me to jump into 3e (I was kinda waiting for my Deluxe Edition, but I don't want to start that conversation).

So hello again my old friends.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Hello World!
        I’m a history student as well as a hobby artist and conlanger. I’ve been playing Exalted with my micro-group for quite some time now. I hope to find new ideas and inspirations for our game(s) and meet interesting people on this forum.
        Sadly my English is not the best when writing or speaking, but my understanding of it is quite good. Please forgive me the mistakes I may make in the future and feel free to point them out to me.

And in the case you are wondering whatpiri piri” means, it’s the sound of frying tempura. :)
        Last edited by Piri-Piri; 03-11-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Huh, I never posted here, it seems.

Hi. I'm Weimann. I'm a very-soon-to-be thirty-something from Sweden, where I teach Swedish (to native speakers) and English (as a second language) on the Swedish equivalent of high school level (which for reference is called "gymnasium", much to the confusion of English-speakers).

I've been into Exalted since... sometime after Infernals and before Ink Monkeys? Like many, I love the setting, but I've had very little opportunity to actually play the game. My goal now is to get something going once Terrestrials 3e hits, by force if I have to. I'm currently slowly indoctrinating my friends into RPGs through Dungeon World.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• Originally posted by Weimann View Post
            Huh, I never posted here, it seems.

Hi. I'm Weimann. I'm a very-soon-to-be thirty-something from Sweden, where I teach Swedish (to native speakers) and English (as a second language) on the Swedish equivalent of high school level (which for reference is called "gymnasium", much to the confusion of English-speakers).
            Yup, this English speaker is definitely confused, though as a Texan I have experienced many public high schools that are really just elaborate gyms for football teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
              Yup, this English speaker is definitely confused, though as a Texan I have experienced many public high schools that are really just elaborate gyms for football teams.
              It stems from the same root etymologically. From Wikipedia:

The word gymnasium is the latinisation of the Greek noun γυμνάσιον (gymnasion), "gymnastic school", in pl. "bodily exercises" and generally "school"[2] which in turn is derived from the common Greek adjective γυμνός (gymnos) meaning "naked",[3] by way of the related verb γυμνάζω (gymnazo), whose meaning is "to train naked", "train in gymnastic exercise", generally "to train, to exercise".[4] The verb had this meaning because one undressed for exercise. Historically, the gymnasium was used for exercise, communal bathing, and scholarly and philosophical pursuits.
              During the 1500s, the word "gymnasium" started to be used in Germany to refer to schools giving education that prepared for university, which is how it's used in Sweden today. Later, however, we also imported the English meaning in the shortened form "gym", so when someone says "jag går till gymmet" (I'm going to the gym), they do mean they're going to perform physical exercise, not that they're off to school.

Although, "gym" doesn't mean quite the same thing in English and Swedish either. In English, I'm given to understand that it can refer to the big open indoor hall or outdoor field where any exercise or sport can be practiced, as well as the spaces with machines, barbells and more stationary workout equipment. In Swedish, a "gym" is specifically the latter; a place for workout machines and equipment. You'd never, for example, play football in a gym, but you'd perhaps do it in the "gymnastiksal" ("gymnastics hall"), which fits more with the former meaning.

We're also not typically naked in any of these situations.
              Last edited by Weimann; 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• I'm a bit late posting here, but Hi! I'm M. InkSplatterM if you want to get formal. I can be found in the greater Chicagoland area of the US. Been interested in Exalted since I found it about midway through it's second edition (you could still buy the books in bookstores and I thiiiiink that at least up to the DB book was published), when I found it and other (then) white wolf publishing games.

I'm mostly interested in sliding the things I homebrew by other people becuase I have a never ending need for validation, and I'm always nervous about if the mechanics are balanced okay enough.

Glad to be here though and I really like reading the conversations in other threads.

Comment

• Hello! I joined a while ago but this would be my first post here, please excuse the tardiness. I got into Exalted sometime after the last few books were rolled out for 2E. Since the arrival of the much anticipated 3E, I've played several oneshot short arc campaigns with my friends. We sometimes play Changeling as well.

I'm hoping to stumble across ideas for character building and homebrew, errata, and maybe participate in a few quests. (I... sorta lurked on wonderandawe's Hero. It was great!)

Comment

Working...
                  X