This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dex Davican View Post
    Hi, I'm Dex Davican. I was a 2E homebrew writer and became an Ex3 freelance writer. I'm a mental health professional, I'm an ST far more often than I am a player, and Homestuck might be my favorite single piece of media. I began the first Ask the Unconquered Sun thread, but lost it all when the forum changed over, which is surprisingly sad. I was also @malfeas on Twitter.
    You're also, without exaggeration or dishonesty, the most creative man ever to have lived.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

• Hello! I've been interested in Exalted, but most of my IRL gaming buddies either default to D&D or 'whatever Stareyes wants to run', and I have limited ability to ST any more -- I teach astronomy at our local university, and it turns out planning classes eats up a lot of my creative planning time and energy. (My job also means that I can nerd out about how stars would appear on a flat world, what the implications are for a Moon whose phase can be due to 'deity got bored', or the details of a calendar system.)

So, looking forward to lurking around in the forum and at least talking setting, even if I haven't sunk my teeth into the crunchy bits too deeply yet.

Comment

• Hi! I'm a new-ish fan of Exalted. I've known about it since 2e but I couldn't properly get into until 3e came out. I dont have much experience but I'm willing to learn anything new.

I backed the latest KS and had a lot of fun reading about DBs being themselves. I'll probably be an active participant in conversations here, and probably ST a game or two sometime.

Comment

• Deleted, because posted in wrong thread.

Comment

• Hello all! My name is Charles. I'd say I'm fairly new to Exalted. I did a lot of PBP for second edition with my friends, but I never sank too deeply into the lore and world and whatnot. Exalted is probably the best fantasy RPG of all time, and I'm currently trying to convince my Starfinder group to make the jump.

Additionally, I am one of three hosts of premiere weekly Exalted podcast, The Deliberative Podcast. Check us out on iTunes!

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
            Follow us on Twitter!
            Follow us on Facebook!
            Follow us on the Web!
            Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

Comment

• Hi everybody!
              I used to be on the old forum just a little bit, and decided to get back into posting recently. I've been with Exalted since reading the 1st edition Core book, and have the 3rd core and WFHW kickstarted. I'm trying to get an Exalted group together in my hometown area that matches my odd schedule

I hope to share lots of fun ideas here and read plenty more!

Comment

• Hello ^^

longtime lurker, longtime player, recent ST, only recently posting

Comment

• Hello! I am a low-level civil servant in the US government, recently out of college and a big fan of Exalted. I really like the setting and I'm super excited for all the new lore coming out in this edition.

Comment

• Woops, should probably do this thing.

Hello! I live in New Zealand, I'm a graphic designer by trade and I've played Exalted since early first edition. I used to play in the official White Wolf online game set on some island called Jade. That was a super weird game and some people got angry with each other. I also helped run a rebel break-away online game set in a made up eastern location called Rinmarg, which had (very slightly) less online arguments. The lesson here is don't run large online games.

Me and my buds play a variety of games every week like Call of Cthulhu and Gloomhaven and a zillion boardgames and once the Dragon Blooded book is officially out I'll be running us an Exalted game, my first time with 3rd edition. Chur.

3e Scavenger Lands map
                    3e Combat tracker card
                    2e Nexus map

Comment

• Originally posted by Megapope View Post
                      Woops, should probably do this thing.

Hello! I live in New Zealand, I'm a graphic designer by trade and I've played Exalted since early first edition. I used to play in the official White Wolf online game set on some island called Jade. That was a super weird game and some people got angry with each other. I also helped run a rebel break-away online game set in a made up eastern location called Rinmarg, which had (very slightly) less online arguments. The lesson here is don't run large online games.

Me and my buds play a variety of games every week like Call of Cthulhu and Gloomhaven and a zillion boardgames and once the Dragon Blooded book is officially out I'll be running us an Exalted game, my first time with 3rd edition. Chur.

Welcome back Megapope! It is awesome to see a familiar face posting here from the old days. I played in both Jade and Rinmarg.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

• Hi, I'm Inertial Frame (see, it even says so on the left sidebar!). The name's a physics thing, a frame of reference for moving objects.

I'm very new to Exalted rules, so much so I don't have any of the books yet, but I'm intrigued by the setting and system so far based on what I've read here. I started gaming around 30 years (!) ago with GURPS, but the first game I had a full time group for was AD&D 2nd ed. I knew a playtester of Vampire back in the early 90's, which drew me to (classic) World of Darkness. Right now I playing in a (fairly house ruled) Vampire game and running a (n excessively homebrewed) Vampire variant. If I had the money, I'd probably jump into Exalted.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

• Suppose I should introduce myself as I've made a couple of posts already.

Heya! I'm a Finnish roleplayer/ GM, who got into the Exalted at the twilight of the Second edition. Back then I tried to run a campaign (Solars, one Infernal), which crashed as my group did not like the game enough to learn the rules. I came back, when 3rd edition launched and am now a happy player in a Solar campaign - and soon in a DB campaign too! My favourite type of Exalted are the Sidereals (tho Infernals come close).

I started playing RPG's around the time I got too old for make-believe, tho I've actively played Pen&Paper only since 2010. My first tabletop RPG's were GMing Call of Cthulhu and Rogue Trader. Nowadays I don't like to stick to one system so I play quite a lot of different games, like Savage Worlds, Blades in the Dark, ODnD, DnD4 and Night's Black Agents. And those are just the one's I actively play in addition to Exalted at the moment. I like homebrewing, but don't like numbers (which is kinda a bad match, I know). At the moment I have two artifacts and a martial art on the anvil, which I'll post here, when they're ready-ish. When playing a game, I tend to get interested in what the developers intended for the game - which I usually bend enough that they meet with what I want to run.
                          I consider myself very lucky to live in a place, where I can generally choose to play and run games how I want.

As a person I have MoA degree in Literature with a teacher's qualifications. I'm currently having a leap year (read: mandatory civil service), which I'm using to game and ponder, whether I should pursue a PhD or not.
                          Last edited by Taleksi; 07-25-2018, 01:22 PM. Reason: Gah, swatted a typo!

Comment

• Hello. I am Malozing, and my friends call me Mal for short. I've started playing DnD 3.5 when I was 15 and played my first Exalted game in college. I am currently playing my first E3 game over on the GitP Forums.

Comment

Working...
                            X