Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*SQUICKY* Question about Dragon Blooded...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SQUICKY* Question about Dragon Blooded...

Hey all.

Question: I am not sure if I'm going insane, and I am sorry for the squick, but I distinctly recall a reference something like "the Realm is a place where a mother may take her son to bed with her" regarding the dragon blooded. I think this might have been the VERY early, pre-publishing, lore posts from back before nWoD. Did this actually make it into the books, and if so, does anyone know if the 3e Dragon Blooded are intended to be at the same level of squickiness or less?

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
    Hey all.

Question: I am not sure if I'm going insane, and I am sorry for the squick, but I distinctly recall a reference something like "the Realm is a place where a mother may take her son to bed with her" regarding the dragon blooded. I think this might have been the VERY early, pre-publishing, lore posts from back before nWoD. Did this actually make it into the books, and if so, does anyone know if the 3e Dragon Blooded are intended to be at the same level of squickiness or less?
    I Believe it was mentioned Once.. In passing in the 1st Edition. As a Rumor/Scandal thing to use before the Dragon-Blooded became Printed (When the stereotype was they were all Corrupt irredeemable Monsters/Betrayers) Mostly said to show that stereotype....

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

It is highly unlikely that any 3e would state something like that, I feel, at least in terms that make it seem like a common or accepted occurrence in the Realm. Neither will it likely be explicitly denied (that'd be like asking you not to think about pink elephants).

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

That would be about as big a scandal in the Realm as everywhere else in the world throughout history.

Comment

a dynast would likely loose less face by being caught bedding a demon

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Even if that demon happened to be the sort that literally steals the faces of the people it sleeps with.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Even if that demon happened to be the sort that literally steals the faces of the people it sleeps with.
              Now I have to write up a demon that steals faces.

I made some Martial Arts for 3e, look at them here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by webkilla View Post
                a dynast would likely loose less face by being caught bedding a demon
                Isn't that pretty much the entire purpose of Neomah?

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
                  That would be about as big a scandal in the Realm as everywhere else in the world throughout history.
                  I would likewise assume that there's about the same tendency for widespread sexual abuses and the associated cover ups in systems of unpleasant power distributions and corruption.

Looking at you, Hollywood.​

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Isn't that pretty much the entire purpose of Neomah?
                    This invites some follow-on questions from me; what do most common folks and Dragonblooded believe about demons? How much do most folks know about them?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeesun View Post

This invites some follow-on questions from me; what do most common folks and Dragonblooded believe about demons? How much do most folks know about them?
                      Assumptions: Exalted/Immaculates are the only ones who can "Deal" with Demons as they are the only ones "Spiritually Pure" enough to deal with them without being "Corrupted" by the Demon. Most Civilians will avoid Demons and will call for the Wyld Hunt/Immaculate Monks to deal with any Demons they find... Even "Innocent" ones that are generally harmless for Mortals.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Trucking with and commanding demons is one of the privileges of the Exalted in general, and sorcerers in particular.

​People still tend to find demons, and those who regularly associate with them, creepy.

This not referring to the Anathema.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Although I don't recall seeing anything that stops mortals from binding them any more. So even if that's the stereotype, it's no longer entirely true.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            Although I don't recall seeing anything that stops mortals from binding them any more. So even if that's the stereotype, it's no longer entirely true.
                            I Believe (Haven't gotten to that chapter or checked to see if it's in the Ex3 corebook) It's what the Immaculate Faith teaches. Is it possible for mortals to do it anyway? Yep. Always was (Just needed to be clever and understand the Demon your dealing with) well it was in my Games.... Not something Common but that is were Exalts can come from.... Sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeesun View Post

Most common folks know they're dangerous (and extremely varied) monsters from Hell who ordinary people should have no truck with. They probably have a number of stories of different kinds of demons, a small amount of which may even be almost true.
                              Of course, sorcerers and Dragonblood regularly deal with them... but they have the power to control them. Though in Immaculate areas, they'll argue that mortal sorcerers shouldn't deal with them, because they'll be corrupted into being infernalists.

Most dynasts will likely have enough occult learning to vaguely have an idea of some of the more commonly seen demons, (I imagine the House of Bells occasionally does classes about how to fight Blood Apes, for example), and know generalities (like how dematerialising works), but generally speaking only Heptagram graduates will have a detailed understanding.

STing Bronze Age Exalted

Comment

Working...
                              X