This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted Backer Charm errata thread

Please list any errors below. Include as much detail as possible for the location: page number at a minimum.

Remember, this thread is for errors only. Typos, mechanical slip-ups, formatting issues. This is not for requesting entirely new splats or expressing your distaste of a certain concept.

Ian A. A. Watson
    Onyx Path Community Manager
    Trinity Continuum Content Lead

EDIT: I am an idiot. My Charm IS included in the pdf, on page 32, under the name "Soul-Testing Method."

I apologize for the fright I gave everyone, and hereby change my errata request to this:

Please change the name of Soul-Testing Method to the name I originally requested, "Puritan-Demon Cofraternity."
    Last edited by 39Steps; 06-06-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

It might not have the same name. Did you do a search on YOUR name you gave them to credit you by?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

EDIT: As noted above, my Charm is included in the pdf, but under a different name.
        Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        It might not have the same name. Did you do a search on YOUR name you gave them to credit you by?
        Yup, ran a search of both my Backer name, and my real name. And I specified that, while I could be as flexible as necessary regarding the Charm's mechanics, the Charm's name was extremely important to me. I'm hoping this is just an oversight, and not some sort of...actually, it would have to be an oversight, wouldn't it?
        Last edited by 39Steps; 06-06-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Page 24 under "On Drama-Fueling Ardor"

Another case of not having enough room in the core
          book. I really wanted to explore the thespian arm of the
          Performance tree, but there was simply no room. Here
          we have a Charm that starts gets something interesting
          The bolded word is erroneous and should be removed.

Comment

Can I make a request to change the name associated with my charm? I'm getting married in a week and changing my name.

Comment

Page 26: "Unnerving Solar Presence", a Presence charm, has the following ability minimums:
              Mins: Socialize 5, Essence 3

Comment

Six Eternities’ Travail is kind of unclear. Does it add charm bonus dice, non-charm dice, or is it just a reroll 10s charm? A bit more clarity as to the precise nature of this effect would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andreva View Post
                  Can I make a request to change the name associated with my charm? I'm getting married in a week and changing my name.

Likewise could I please request my full name for my charm "Honor-Instilling Mantra"?
                  Last edited by doran; 06-03-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

So, does Unstoppable Solar Conqueror grant you a bonus for outnumbering your enemy, or for being outnumbered? Or for either? At present it just notes that the bonus is equal to the difference in Size between the two sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Croakamancer View Post
                      So, does Unstoppable Solar Conqueror grant you a bonus for outnumbering your enemy, or for being outnumbered? Or for either? At present it just notes that the bonus is equal to the difference in Size between the two sides.

It probably works both ways, by how you say it. If you outnumber them, its a massacre. If they outnumber you, you pull an upset.

Comment

To be specific about Six Eternities' Travail: "rolling additional dice for (Essence) 10s that appear in the result" seems to be missing important information, or is mistyped. Either you get some unsaid amount of additional dice when you roll a number of 10s equal to your Essence score, or for each 10 you roll you get a number of extra dice equal to your Essence score. The Charm is currently saying the former (and so needs to specify how many extra dice you get). It it should actually be the latter, the wording needs to change.

Also, on Viper-Scenting Method: I don't know if this is a typo or not, but its Prerequisite Charm is Motive-Discerning Technique, while the Charm only works when Mastery of Small Manners is active. When means you can buy Viper-Scenting Method without having the Charm it benefits by, since Motive-Discerning Technique does not require Mastery of Small Manners.

Book of the Emerald Circle
                        Custom Sidereal Charms
                        Expanded Sidereal Linguistics

Comment

There needs to be a space between the prerequisite charms and the flavor text for Elements-Sculpted Avatar.

.................................................. .................................
                          end post

Comment

Originally posted by Limited Reagent View Post
                            To be specific about Six Eternities' Travail: "rolling additional dice for (Essence) 10s that appear in the result" seems to be missing important information, or is mistyped. Either you get some unsaid amount of additional dice when you roll a number of 10s equal to your Essence score, or for each 10 you roll you get a number of extra dice equal to your Essence score. The Charm is currently saying the former (and so needs to specify how many extra dice you get). It it should actually be the latter, the wording needs to change.

Also, on Viper-Scenting Method: I don't know if this is a typo or not, but its Prerequisite Charm is Motive-Discerning Technique, while the Charm only works when Mastery of Small Manners is active. When means you can buy Viper-Scenting Method without having the Charm it benefits by, since Motive-Discerning Technique does not require Mastery of Small Manners.
                            I think the intent might be you get an additional die for each 10 you roll, limited by your Essence, It might be useful to also say if these are Charm or non-Charm dice.

I don't believe the intent is to give you (Essence) dice for each 10, as you seem to imply in your post.

EDIT: I didn't back the extra 5 bucks to get it from the KS, so I don't know the text. But (Essence) dice for each 10 seems pretty crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post

I think the intent might be you get an additional die for each 10 you roll, limited by your Essence, It might be useful to also say if these are Charm or non-Charm dice.

I don't believe the intent is to give you (Essence) dice for each 10, as you seem to imply in your post.

EDIT: I didn't back the extra 5 bucks to get it from the KS, so I don't know the text. But (Essence) dice for each 10 seems pretty crazy.
                              That's also my reading, and I do have the pdf.

Comment

Working...
                              X