X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandact6
    started a topic Requesting Cecelyne Sand Blaster charms

Requesting Cecelyne Sand Blaster charms

I need ideas for making Cecelyne sand blaster charms, charms that spawn off of Sandstrike Blast. I'd normally check the wiki, but we don't have one and the unofficial wiki is horrifically out of date.

Does anyone happen to have any saved up?

• Sandact6
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Is this all 2nd Edition?
    I'm mainly using it for my 3e conversion, but since most Infernal material is 2e and I don't see anyone else making Infernals...

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    Is this all 2nd Edition?

Leave a comment:

• Dynamesmouse
    replied
    It's just a rough draft, something to nail down the concept. It's ultimately SSB. Thematically, the reason this charm needs CPEL is to teach the silver sands to watch out for lawbreakers specifically.

SSB doesn't need to be activated on deserts, that just provides a discount. Dune Burst Onslaught costs a flat 5 motes.

Law Breaker's Abrasive Reprisal
    3m, 1wp (3m)
    Essence 3
    Simple
    Sorcerous
    Prereq: COUNTER-PRONOUNCEMENT OF ENTHYMEMIC LAW, SANDSTRIKE BLAST

Though the priests of Cecelyne uphold endless laws and contrary decrees, they seldom need to uphold the ban on the countless serfs abusing the Sacred Azure. The Silver Sands themselves flay any of them foolish enough try.

As the Infernal activates this charm, she declares a valid law as per Counter-Pronouncement of Enthymemic Law. This creates a invisible, sorcerous incidence of Sandstrike Blast that observes a radius of 100 yards, or 1000 yards of desolation. It automatically applies the Warlocks (Essence) successes to any awareness roll to notice anyone breaking the declared law, and double that if they are a being that the Warlock can detect with Hellscry Chakra or Wayward Divinity Oversight. Once it detects a lawbreaker, it attacks them as per Sandstrike Blast. The Warlock is aware whenever this charm attacks someone and may reapply this charm for 3 motes. This charm may be repurchased to apply the effects of Dune-Burst Onslaught at a 2m surcharge, and again to apply World Grinding Sandstorm Devastation (which costs 40m, 3wp total, and is not Blasphemous until it attacks).These upgrades do not harm bystanders that immediately start praying to the Warlock.

I am MUCH happier with this rewrite.

Ripped straight from her Excellency:
    Her law places the strong over the weak, celebrating
    a doctrine of arbitrary and capricious hypocrisy. She demands
    reverence from allies and enemies alike and works terrifying
    and wondrous miracles to expand her worship.

When her patience runs out or her plans reach
    fruition, her rage is sudden and shocking.

She also helps punish those who break
    a deal or betray their loyalty to the Infernal or his laws.

The Charm may assist any attempt to amass or jealously protect
    resources that are directly useful to the Exalt’s established plans,

You can use this charm to enforce your laws over your cultists and demons, but there's some more subtle uses as well. You could make a law like of "no unauthorized personnel in my place of business", "no murder unless I command it", "no one may eat anything except my locusts", "no armies, as I have a pre-set WGSD ready just for you".

I like charms that play off charms that aren't prerequisites. It ties a Yozi charmset together, which I why I included the Hellscr Chakra clause.

Leave a comment:

• Eltacolibre
    replied
    aren't all charms like that in the broken wing crane? Or something.

edit: Ink Monkey Ultimate charms collection might be worth checking out too.
    Last edited by Eltacolibre; 06-15-2016, 11:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Thats pretty cool. I'm a bit surprised it doesn't interact with places of desolation in some way.

What's the cost to activate? Same as CPofEL? What's the Type and Duration?

Leave a comment:

• Dynamesmouse
    replied
    All Law Breakers Broken
    Essence 3,Sorcerous,
    Prereq: COUNTER-PRONOUNCEMENT OF ENTHYMEMIC LAW, SANDSTRIKE BLAST
    The central tenet of the Law of Cecelyne rarely needs her priests to enforce it, and they themselves do not need to enforce Her ban on any serfs looking upon the Sacred Azure, as her Silver Sands do so more efficiently than they ever could.

The Infernal declares one law and activates this charm as per Counter-Pronouncement of Enthymemic Law (he does not need to actually activate that charm). This "attaches" an instance of Sandstrike Blast to an area he either owns or has a populace of cultists of magnitude 2 in residence, with each dot of magnitude above that adding a mile to the radius this charm may affect. A Wind with flecks of Silver blow through the area, observing all the inhabitants and the Infernal's lessers especially. Whenever it observes someone breaking the law the Warlock declared, it automatically attacks them with Sandstrike Blast as though the Infernal had targeted them with it.It will not attack someone of higher Essence, and automatically applies the Warlock (Essence, Perception, or Awareness) successes to all rolls to notice law breakers, and double that on rolls to notice his cultists or those that owe a debt as per Verdant Emptiness Endowment breaking his law. Any nearby character may shout out a warning of a lawbreaker to attract this wind's attention, thereby doubling the successes.The Warlock may reapply this charm at any range so long as he is in the same realm of existence. This charm may be repurchased to apply Dune-Burst Onslaught and World-Grinding Sandstorm Devastation (which is not a Blasphemy until it strikes).

I really like this charm's repurchases.

Sand Blaster is kinda vague. What exactly are you expecting? Other uses are using it like Gaara's Desert Coffing (grappling, quicksand, sinkholes), making the sand melt into glass to make it deadlier/leave behind calatrops (think Death of Obsidian Butterflies side effect), a wind that adds a knockback effect, a defend other. Since I'm just listing basic/boring charmtech, I'm gonna need some more ideas, cuz there isn't much you can do with sand.

Last edited by Dynamesmouse; 06-15-2016, 03:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sandact6
    replied
    DAMNIT VANCE, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME WITH THOSE DANCE CHARMS!?

Well not a lot on the Cecelyne stuff, so it means I'll largely be winging it. Thanks for your help Erinys, I can see about putting some of these to work.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    If you look in the link below you might find something. But I don't know specifically what Cecelyne charms are in these links.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...285#post589285
    Last edited by Erinys; 06-15-2016, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X