Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Uncrucified, An Eclipse Caste Fanfiction (Text + Podfic/Audiobook)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Uncrucified, An Eclipse Caste Fanfiction (Text + Podfic/Audiobook)

I've been wanting to write more for a long time now, but my day job always got in the way and I found the task very intimidating. Playing Exalted provided just the inspirational punch in the face I needed to create not only a short story about my Eclipse Caste's Exaltation, but an audiobook as well! I'm excited to share this creation where more Exalted fans might be able to see and enjoy it.

I'll be sharing one chapter a week until it's been fully posted. Half of the story (4 of the 8 total chapters) have already been shared online. I'll post here when new chapters go live, for those who want to keep up. Give it a read/listen and let me know your thoughts!

Reading and listening links can be found here.

SUMMARY: Whispers of The Uncrucified lie on the lips of every slave in Gem, Chiaroscuro, Nexus and beyond. She is Kalara Vadras, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun and bringer of the Eclipse. Some say she is a murderer, an Anathema, a Deceiver. Others know the truth written in her own words and passed along to those who dare keep such a heretical tome in their possession. Read on, if you have the courage to see the world for what it really is.
    Last edited by angelicshadow; 06-17-2016, 07:39 PM.

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Ooh, thank you! Exalted is probably my favorite fandom, but the main fansite for it died a while ago, and none of the big fanfic archives have anything but poorly-written smut.

Comment

Cool! I love fanfiction. Glad to see you're posting it here. 😁

Comment

That everything is amazing

A tinkering effort at bringing fate ninjas into Ex3: Sidereals: Where Fate Has Led

Album of the Charm Trees thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonometra View Post
          Ooh, thank you! Exalted is probably my favorite fandom, but the main fansite for it died a while ago, and none of the big fanfic archives have anything but poorly-written smut.
          I'm sad to hear there was a fansite that died! There's so much potential for cool art and stories in this world, it'd be nice if there was a well organized central place to share it. I've found a couple of fan groups on DeviantART, but that's about as close as I've found a place to share besides the Exalted sub-reddit and here.

While smut has its place (oh EXXXalted), this one is most certainly drama (just in case anyone was wondering).

Thanks for the responses thus far, guys! I'm so glad there might actually be readers for this now beyond my own circle of fellow players and close friends that I nag.

Comment

Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
            I'm sad to hear there was a fansite that died! There's so much potential for cool art and stories in this world, it'd be nice if there was a well organized central place to share it.
            Well, it's not dead dead, it's just that very few people upload anything on it anymore. The site is still there.

Comment

Awesome. Bit late for me to dive in now, but I'm looking forward to it tomorrow!

Good night sweet Green Sun Prince: And flights of demons beat thee to thy rest...with billyclubs!

Comment

Originally posted by Argonometra View Post
                Well, it's not dead dead, it's just that very few people upload anything on it anymore. The site is still there.
                I was there not long ago myself. Just poking around a bit. I'm glad I snagged the webcomic that was on there before it disappeared from teh webz foreves. It may have been the first Exalted web comic evah!

Good night sweet Green Sun Prince: And flights of demons beat thee to thy rest...with billyclubs!

Comment

I just realized that I've seen OP's original art before. It's really innovative!

Comment

I really enjoyed this fan fic.
                    10x

Comment

It's release day and Chapter 5 is now live! I'll be dropping a chapter every Wednesday until the story's completion.
                      SUMMARY: Life goes on and Kalara struggles to find her place in the world. She cannot ignore the plight of those still trapped in a past she was liberated from, and yet, she must move forward through the cutthroat drudgery of the Guild if she is to have any future at all. Doubts in Ahrun’s purpose still plague her while the Guild has its own machinations in store.

Reading Links:

- On Wattpad
                      - On Fanfiction.net
                      - On DeviantArt

Listening Links:

- On YouTube
                      - On Soundcloud
                      - On iTunes

Chapter List:

- Chapter 1
                      - Chapter 2
                      - Chapter 3
                      - Chapter 4
                      - Chapter 5
                      Last edited by angelicshadow; 06-23-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Darkon Awesome! I hope you enjoy the story when you do get a chance to read.
                        Argonometra Glad you enjoy my art! Ah that Persephone piece is an old classic I've been meaning to redo.
                        adimar I'm happy you've enjoyed the story thus far!

Comment

Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
                          Darkon Awesome! I hope you enjoy the story when you do get a chance to read.
                          Meant to listen to the first chapter last night before bed. Wound up binge-listening to it all. Great stuff, loved it. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Comment

Darkon knowing that my story has been binged on fills with me happy!

Comment

Another Wednesday, another release day! Chapter 6 is live. We march inexorably towards Kalara’s Exaltation, the defining moment of her ‘choosing’, a dark day of destiny cast in the shadow of the Eclipse.
                              SUMMARY: Kalara’s world falls apart around her as her ideals are challenged by tragedy. Friends become enemies and the one person she could trust in the world is gone. But Fate isn’t finished with her yet…

Reading Links:

Listening Links:

Comment

Working...
                              X