Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice.

Comment

I've been working on these concepts on and off over the past few weekends. My Eclipse Caste, Kalara, spends a lot of time in this disguise trying to convince everyone she's a suave, unyielding, gunslinging (male) Guild Master named Koh.

Considering I forgot to ever pick up any disguise skills when I first rolled this character, her initial try at this persona was more like Disney's Mulan never being 'quite right' for a guy. XD

I had a lot of fun exploring a cool look and pose for Koh (while practicing my concepting skills). I think I like 2, 5, and 6 the best for wardrobe and 4, 5, and 6 for poses. Which ones do you guys like?

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

2 for wardrobe, 4 for pose.

Comment

I prefer poses 7 and 8, but they're probably also the most cliche poses. Wardrobe 5 would be perfect to me if it had a spot of white somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_54_1416905226263_414[/ATTACH]

Comment

#5 has the best wardrobe, #7 has the best pose, and #4 has the best hair.

Comment

A very belated thanks for the feedback, TheCountAlucard, Hakushaku, and kingcrackers! I haven't been able to work on these character concepts much thanks to other projects and IRL things, but I'm back to writing on a sequel to Kalara's story, The Uncrucified, for NaNoWriMo and that no doubt means more art will be popping up here! If anyone's curious for more of the story, you can keep up with my progress excerpts and teases here.

Comment

Forgot to share this! Here are some progress shots and the final for the December 2016 Exalted Secret Santa art exchange. You can read more about the process behind this piece at the Sketch Diary entry.

Comment

More sketches and explorations of my Eclipse Caste, Kalara Vadras! I did these as a base so I could do some iterations with more costume and hairdos, but I think I may start over and try another art style and full body pose (she looks like she's dancing...badly. XD). These explorations got a little too far into the realistic realm, instead of something more anime-inspired. I have yet to find that balance between anime and realism that I think I nailed in The Uncrucified cover pic!

Here's a full body shot of Kalara complete with the wrapped chest she uses to disguise herself as Koh and temporary boy hair. You can also peek her Guild slave brand on her right forearm and the crucifixion scar in her left palm.

Comment

Working...
                  X