No announcement yet.

Ang's Exalted Sketchbook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, here's a WIP of line up drawing I'm doing of my game's Circle of Solars. The Night Caste on the end with the scythe is totally stealing the show!

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

Dropping another WIP today! A little peek at a banner image I'm working on for the rewrite of The Uncrucified featuring a young Kalara against a backdrop of Chiaroscuro.

Comment

More progress on the line up of Solars from before! Spent like an hour drawing this character's face...only to cover it up with a mask. #artistwoes

Comment

I dig your use of color and texture! It's also cool to see the bits of your under-drawing peeking through beneath the lineart in your WIP. There are some perspective issues, but overall your work is very strong.

Comment

Thanks Anathemouse! Weapons and armor are still a weak point of mine, but drawing Exalted stuff has been a great challenge to help me improve.

Also while I'm here, I recently put together a guide to Gem to help me write and draw with more of a unified mental image in mind for my story and characters in
            The Uncrucified. You can read the full blog post with my thoughts on visual themes of the area here.
            Last edited by angelicshadow; 07-09-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Also while I'm here. Enjoy some in-progress clothing concepts I've been chipping away at for Kalara from The Uncrucified! I streamed a little bit of my work on this over on my Twitch, if anyone's curious and wants to join me the next time I stream Exalted art. The recording of the wardrobe drawing is up on YouTube here.

Comment

Another sketch card of Rage-Halo's Syn! I wanted to show off his infernal inspired totemic aura, as he is an Exalted demon-blooded character.

If you'd like a card like this, I still have slots available on my Patreon for them.

Comment

I'm -still- working on design variations for Kalara's casual look and have done a few more than have been pictured here (of this spread, a mix of 3 and 4 is in the running right now). It's been fun wind down for my Thursday nights on Twitch!

You can catch the video recording of my latest stream of me working on these concepts, plus a lot of rambling about my character's botches, near death experience, and Sidereal relationships here:

Comment

I streamed myself working on the line art of our circle's Night Caste last night! Plus rambled forever about how our Night Caste player is breaking the game. Enjoy!
                    Here's my progress thus far. Still some refining to do!

Comment

Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
                      I'm -still- working on design variations for Kalara's casual look and have done a few more than have been pictured here (of this spread, a mix of 3 and 4 is in the running right now).
                      Oh, I quite like those. Personally, I'm partial to the halter wrap of #3, and the shawl and trousers of #5.

Comment

I finished up the painting of our Night Caste, Night Locust, that I have been working on during my live streams! You can read more about his backstory here.

Comment

Now that's cool as hell. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Leetsepeak with luck, they'll all come out as cool! Night Locust has set the bar REALLY high. XD

Comment

Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
                              I finished up the painting of our Night Caste, Night Locust, that I have been working on during my live streams! You can read more about his backstory here.

This is wonderful. I feel like the boot on the back leg should be higher than the boot on the front leg, based on the perspective of the belt and the shoulders. I love the hand gesture and the sigils on the Scythe.

Comment

Anathemouse thanks! That's a fair critique. I might fix that up when I get the chance before I move on to the others. I think that hand pose is what sells this pose. The others aren't nearly as expressive, with the exception of my own character, perhaps (the gunslinger to Night Locust's right). I need to work on that!

Comment

Working...
                                X