X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angelicshadow
    started a topic Ang's Exalted Sketchbook

Ang's Exalted Sketchbook

I figured I'd start up a sketchbook thread for my Exalted art for those who wanted to keep up with it. That way, my art won't get lost in the main art share thread and it'll be easier to get feedback.

- My Exalted Inspiration Playlist
    - My Exalted Inspiration Pinterest Board
    - My Art Site
    - My DeviantART Gallery

First up, the cover art (uncropped and cropped versions) for a fanfic featuring my Eclipse Caste, Kalara Vadras.

A video of how I made the cover art:

More sketches of Kalara of her disguise as Koh (on the left) and herself (on the right). Showcasing her look as a gunslinging Righteous Devil.

Last edited by angelicshadow; 06-22-2016, 03:26 PM.

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Been meaning to scan this in for ages since I drew it back when we first started playing Exalted! Here's a page from my sketchbook with an early doodle of my Eclipse Caste, Kalara, when she first came into our Exalted game as Koh the Silver-Tongued Devil, Merchant Prince for a new upstart Guild and fugitive slave as her cover story.

Her Pristine Guild's logo was originally the Old Realm for the letter "G" (for the Guild) with the Eclipse Caste mark graffitied over the Guild's original logo with gold paint. As her Guild grew, she added a phoenix to the banner, which was inspired by their first battle against the soldiers who showed up to take back other fugitive slaves she was protecting.

Her new ally, a Twilight Caste sorceress, summoned a phoenix that flew over the battlefield, singing songs as he went, and burning through their enemies. Plus, a phoenix seems fitting for Kalara and her Guild, who have a philosophy of burning down the old to build things anew.

Plus, my scribbly notes about NPCs and politics in our game at the time for flavor!

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    It was about time I dusted off this sketchbook thread of mine! The recent Exalted Secret Santa exchange inspired me to get a character sheet finished for my Eclipse, Kalara, AND also got a character portrait done for my Secret Santa partner.

You can see detail shots and more of this sheet at my ArtStation.

You can watch a time lapse of how I drew this sheet here:

For my Secret Santa gift, I chose Specs, a Spectacled Owl Lunar belonging to Fishcapades. See detail shots and line art at my Exalted-themed tumblr.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Finally finished my exploration of Kalara's casual clothing set! I wanted her to have a simple, yet stylish casual look that shows off her elegant taste. You can read more about my design thoughts for this character at my story blog.

Last edited by angelicshadow; 09-27-2017, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Anathemouse thanks! That's a fair critique. I might fix that up when I get the chance before I move on to the others. I think that hand pose is what sells this pose. The others aren't nearly as expressive, with the exception of my own character, perhaps (the gunslinger to Night Locust's right). I need to work on that!

Leave a comment:

• Anathemouse
    replied
    Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
    I finished up the painting of our Night Caste, Night Locust, that I have been working on during my live streams! You can read more about his backstory here.

This is wonderful. I feel like the boot on the back leg should be higher than the boot on the front leg, based on the perspective of the belt and the shoulders. I love the hand gesture and the sigils on the Scythe.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Leetsepeak with luck, they'll all come out as cool! Night Locust has set the bar REALLY high. XD

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    Now that's cool as hell. Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    I finished up the painting of our Night Caste, Night Locust, that I have been working on during my live streams! You can read more about his backstory here.

Leave a comment:

• The MG
    replied
    Originally posted by angelicshadow View Post
    I'm -still- working on design variations for Kalara's casual look and have done a few more than have been pictured here (of this spread, a mix of 3 and 4 is in the running right now).
    Oh, I quite like those. Personally, I'm partial to the halter wrap of #3, and the shawl and trousers of #5.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    I streamed myself working on the line art of our circle's Night Caste last night! Plus rambled forever about how our Night Caste player is breaking the game. Enjoy!
    Here's my progress thus far. Still some refining to do!

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    I'm -still- working on design variations for Kalara's casual look and have done a few more than have been pictured here (of this spread, a mix of 3 and 4 is in the running right now). It's been fun wind down for my Thursday nights on Twitch!

You can catch the video recording of my latest stream of me working on these concepts, plus a lot of rambling about my character's botches, near death experience, and Sidereal relationships here:

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Another sketch card of Rage-Halo's Syn! I wanted to show off his infernal inspired totemic aura, as he is an Exalted demon-blooded character.

If you'd like a card like this, I still have slots available on my Patreon for them.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Also while I'm here. Enjoy some in-progress clothing concepts I've been chipping away at for Kalara from The Uncrucified! I streamed a little bit of my work on this over on my Twitch, if anyone's curious and wants to join me the next time I stream Exalted art. The recording of the wardrobe drawing is up on YouTube here.

Leave a comment:

• angelicshadow
    replied
    Thanks Anathemouse! Weapons and armor are still a weak point of mine, but drawing Exalted stuff has been a great challenge to help me improve.

Also while I'm here, I recently put together a guide to Gem to help me write and draw with more of a unified mental image in mind for my story and characters in
    The Uncrucified. You can read the full blog post with my thoughts on visual themes of the area here.
    Last edited by angelicshadow; 07-09-2017, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X