[2e][Crunch] Triple of Random Infernal Charms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e][Crunch] Triple of Random Infernal Charms

For some reason I ended up looking at the crunch in the Fall of the Scarlet Empress again and rereading some previous Charms I wrote based on them. The result were the following three Infernal Charms (plus an idea for two Malfeas/SHLiHN Heretical ones that I'm still struggling with) that I'm somewhat unsure about. The required Essence makes two unlikely to be usable by a player character, but I'd like to hear if anyone has a comment about them.

Living the Lie was meant to expand upon the idea that Ebon Dragon Yozi-Body is changing your inherent state. There is an unmentioned issue that I might make explicit about the fact that your original form is effectively unavailable (due to Loom-Snarling Deception not being able to turn you into a specific person IIRC).

Adjoran Eternal Essence was just a tweak on the Ebon Dragon version. I liked the thought of the Silent Wind, with nothing to hold onto, simply 'letting go' and avoiding becoming a Neverborn in a way which would utterly baffle her peers.

Shattered Titan Defiance may have mechanical issues, but thematically there was something disturbingly appealing about having to horribly break and ruin such a scion of Malfeas to finally take them down. Limbs shattered, eyes gouged out, disembowelled, castrated, and only then do they die. I didn't think that it was too unbalanced due to the Essence and the fact that once they start getting maimed they're on a death spiral at best.

Living the Lie
    Cost: —; Mins: Essence 5;
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: None
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: Ebon Dragon Yozi-Body Unity, Eldritch Secrets Mastery

The form of a shadow is malleable and one shape is as true as another. This Charm enhances Loom-Snarling Deception. The disguise created by that Charm becomes a instantaneous physical change caused by the Charm activation and can no longer be penetrated by even Charm assisted attempts as there is no other truth to see.

In addition, without a true form the character remains in the assumed form even after Loom Snarling Deception ends until another activation changes their appearance once more. This explicitly does not cause any non-physical benefits based upon Loom-Snarling Deception to persist.

If "(Ebon Dragon) World Assumption" is learnt then this Charm is subsumed by it and lost with the experience spent learning it being refunded.

Adorjan Eternal Essence
    Cost: —; Mins: Essence 7;
    Type: Permanent;
    Keywords: Blasphemy;
    Duration: Permanent;
    Prerequisites: Adorjan Yozi-Body Unity [x2]

This Charm functions as per Ebon Dragon Eternal Essence (RotSE p208) with the following addition:

Unlike her sibling-peers the Silent Wind knows when it is best to let go. Even when it is her own life. she is letting slip If she has no Intimacies and is slain despite the protection afforded by this Charm then she may opt to simply die without fuss or fanfare rather than become a ghost or Neverborn.

Shattered Titan Defiance
    Cost: —; Mins: Essence 7;
    Type: Permanent;
    Keywords: None;
    Duration: Permanent;
    Prerequisites: By Agony Empowered, Malfeas Eternal Essence

The King of the Yozi will not go quietly nor cleanly to his death. When he would be slain despite the protection afforded by Malfeas Eternal Essence he may instead sacrifice part of himself to take the blow as per a disabling or amputation effect (as per Exalted p152) as a cost to preserve his life. This, or any other Crippling effects he suffers, cannot be healed during the current story and if the number of such effects he is subject to exceeds his Essence rating then even this Charm can not preserve his life.

Conceptually these look reasonable to me, although I can't comment on the crunch-balance.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

Working...
    X