Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abyssals: In Death's Dream Kingdom (Homebrew, WIP, PEACH)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abyssals: In Death's Dream Kingdom (Homebrew, WIP, PEACH)

I'll preface this by saying that I have not really ever done a massive homebrew project like this, so temper your expectations. Regardless of that, I have gotten tired of just gothing up the solar charm set for my deathknights, so I came up with this. These charms are of course the first draft, and any comments or suggestions for editing are welcomed.

Archery

Athletics

Awareness
    Last edited by Five_Gee; 08-10-2016, 09:25 AM.

Abyssals

My attempt at a homebrew for Abyssals, focusing on unique charms.

No responses or comments which is disappointing, but maybe someone out there does want these. I've added Athletics charms.

Abyssals

Comment

The athletics link 404s for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PraxisCat View Post
        The athletics link 404s for me.
        The link is acting very strange for me, but I've got it set up for a temporary fix while I try to figure out what is going wrong with it. Should work now.

Abyssals

Comment

Awareness has been added. I changed my approach a bit with this one after reading up on the devs theory for how they want to design abyssal charms. This may lead to an eventual rewrite for Archery and Athletics, but first I'm going to press forward with the others.

Edit: Also, the links seem to be working appropriately now. Please let me know if they aren't.

Abyssals

Comment

I'm enjoying the fluff and style you've got going for these.

I know other people don't love mirror charms, but I don't mind them, especially because you're adding unique ones. I really like the one that lets Abyssals tunnel underground for instance, but a part of me can't help but wonder if that's a particularly hilarious way to just... get out of a fight. I imagine one Abyssal doing it by just stomping his foot down and lowering into the ground.

Anyhow, I like the work you've been doing so far, and I appreciate it. If I have any deathknights pop up in my game, I'll definitely be eyeballing a bunch of these to give them a style.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

I don't hate them, but it is a bit disappointing to look at a charm tree and see nothing but mirror charms (as in 2e, Athletics off the top of my head was 100% mirrors if I'm not mistaken), it doesn't really give them a feel of being their own exalts.

Thank you for the kind words, though, I enjoy knowing someone aside from just me is looking at these.

Abyssals

Comment

Busy atm (and I'm several charm trees behind on reviewing Clutch of Dragons), but I'll add these to my list of things-to-review.

Have you poked Beans over at the 'Whom Death Has Claimed' thread? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...king-for-input

My Storyteller Vault releases!
                Sorcerous Ways: Mystic Martial Arts - Punch people for magic power!
                These Mean Streets - Advise and systems for street-level punk-noir Vampire larp

Comment

Originally posted by wastevens View Post
                  Have you poked Beans over at the 'Whom Death Has Claimed' thread? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...king-for-input
                  I was not familiar with it, I'm not super active on the forum usually so some things like this can slip my notice. Thanks for the heads up.

Abyssals

Comment

Looking at Awareness, it seems kinda like Immaterial Premonition method is overcosted given the single dice-trick and the scene-long commitment.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Hello Five_Gee! Are you still working on this homebrew?

Comment

Originally posted by Pram View Post
                        Hello Five_Gee! Are you still working on this homebrew?
                        As it stands I had made some progress, decided I didn't like where it was going with it, and I've gone back and started from the beginning again. I am still theoretically working on that, but I've also got a lot more on my plate than when I started it, and it has been shifted to the backburner for the time being.

Abyssals

Comment

ah okay, all good

Comment

Working...
                          X