Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskar- Artifact 4 Reaver Daiklave

Artifact 4 Reaver Daiklave

A Moonsilver blade of simple violence; it’s a long blade fit for a twohanded sword made of moonsilver- roughly made but razor sharp- with a simple wooden hilt; a relatively thick, smooth stick, rather than something fanciful. It finishes with a half ring of moonsilver at the base of the handle. Huskar is a blade of fury and rage. It’s maker relied on her fury in battle over plans or secrets, and the weapon enhances such things. To draw the greatest power out of Huskar requires throwing oneself into battle heedlessly, empowered by both their own wounds and the wounds of their enemies.

A character can not attune to Huskar and wear any sort of Armor; magical or non-magical. Doing so breaks the attunement. However, while attuned, the character may trade 1 Health Level for 5 motes on any action that the character is using evocations of Huskar for, paying for charms that aren’t Evocations as well, so long as at least one Evocation of Huskar is being used. The fact Huskar has no defensive Evocations is intended.

Fury Strike
    Cost; 3m Mins; Essence 1 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Dual
    Duration; Instant
    Requirements; None
    Gripped in fury, Huskar gives its wielder a bloody strength when striking. An attack supplemented by this charm ignores the character’s Wound Penalties. Additionally, on a Withering Attack, the character can reroll a number of failed dice equal to her wound penalty. On a decisive attack, add a number of raw damage dice equal to her wound penalty instead.

Dragon Rage Blade
    Cost; 3m, special Mins;Essence 2 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Withering-Only
    Duration; Instant
    Requirements; Fury Strike
    Huskar’s champion delivers a brutal, heedless blow that destroys the defenses of her foe even as it leaves herself open. In addition to the mote cost of this Evocation, Huskar’s wielder may pay points of their Defense as a cost. For each point given in this way, the target, if they are hit, and Huskar’s wielder take an extra dice of damage from every attack- withering or Decisive- until the end of the Evocation user’s next turn. If Huskar’s wielder uses less than or equal to Defense compared to what they would lose due to current wound penalty, then they do not suffer the defense penalty

Invigorating Strike
    Cost; 5m Mins; Essence 2 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Decisive-Only
    Duration; Indefinite
    Requirements; Dragon Rage Blade
    Blood pays for Blood, weakening and invigorating at the same time. This charm supplements a Decisive Attack. After the damage is rolled, take all failed dice and roll them again without doubled 10s. The successes are added to Huskar’s wielder's health boxes, creating phantom -0 health levels that fill up first. Invigorating Strike may be used multiple times in a scene, but the character can only have one set of Phantom Health Levels from the charm at a time. If the charm is used again, the successes may replace the old amount, but keep all boxes that are already filled. After combat, the filled health boxes remain until healed, increasing in penalty by 1 for each day they aren’t recovered.

Unquenched Blood-Fury
    Cost; 10m, 1wp Mins; Essence 3 Type; Reflexive
    Keywords; None
    Duration; Indefinite
    Requirements;Invigorating Strike
    When Huskar’s wielder is brought low, the Blood-fury surges within them and gives them new life. This Evocation can be reflexively activated upon the character taking enough damage to Incapacitate them. Instead, they fill their -4 health box and activate this charm. So long as this charm is active, the character will not fall unconscious or die, no matter how much damage they take, and gain a number of points of soak equal to the amount of health boxes they have filled. They will take no orders to retreat, and can only fight until their opponent or themselves are defeated utterly. When this charm ends, the character will fall unconscious or die. In addition to the base cost of the charm, when the character is hit by a decisive attack, she must immediately add a number of motes equal to the levels of damage rolled to the cost of the charm, and each action that the character completely fails to hit an opponent while in the Blood Fury requires her to pay an additional five motes into the cost of the charm, or it’s effects end. This charm can only be used once per scene

The Color and Light of Fury
    It is inevitable that Exalts would bring their fury to bare in new ways depending on who- and what-, they are. Huskar’s growth is not ceased when the Unquenched Blood-Fury is unleashed, but rather it opens the door to further expansion based on the individual in question, and the style of their fury. Below are Evocations for common types of Exalts, each increasing, in some way, the power of the Blood Rage. The names, and the descriptions in them, are not for fluff; a Solar can not learn Stalwart Earthquake Dragon anymore then a Dragonblooded could learn Excellent Strike

Stalwart Earthquake Dragon
    Cost; -- Mins; Essence 3 Type; Permanent
    Keywords; None
    Duration; Permanent
    Requirements; Unquenched Blood-Fury
    The Earth Dragon is resilient and strong, and Huskar, malleable to the actions of its’ wielder, changes form to fit. As a permanent effect, the Earth Aspect may equip Light Armor- either normal or Artifact-, without having Huskar’s attunement break.

Blistering Inferno Dragon
    Cost; 2i Mins;Essence 3 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Withering-Only, Stackable
    Duration; Instant
    The Fire Dragon explodes with power, and Huskar takes their burning blood and unleashes it on foes that can not help to stand in the heat of Rage and Fire. When the Fire Aspect strikes an opponent, they burst into flames. This charm can only be activated while the Unquenched Bloody-Fury is active. The Opponent takes 1 Withering dice of damage that can not be soaked on each of their turns, until they have rolled as many dice as the Fire Aspect’s highest filled Health box (generally 4.). Each attack afterward continues to stack the damage; for instance, on the second hit, the character would now be rolled 2 dice of damage for 4 turns, then 3 dice of damage for 4 turns, then 4 dice. The maximum amount rolled per turn can not exceed the Fire Aspect’s Wound Penalty.

Tempestuous Tsunami Dragon
    Cost;3m, 2i Mins;Essence 3 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Dual
    Duration; Instant
    The Water Dragon surges past foes and targets, her strikes drawing in her foes into her deadly rage before they explode, sending them scattering like shanties before the Tsunami. This charm may only be activated while Unquenched Blood-Fury is active. When making a withering attack, this charm lets the Water Aspect make the attack against all opponents within close range. On a Decisive attack, the Water Aspect may split her initiative to attack two foes.

Regenerating Overgrowth Dragon
    Cost; 3wp Mins;Essence 3 Type; Reflexive
    Keywords; None
    Duration; Instant
    Rampant Regeneration like the overgrowth of the East fills the Wood Aspect with renewed Vigor; a Last Stand or a victorious push. After Unquenched Blood-Fury ends, the Wood Aspect may activate this charm to reflexively heal all of their -4 Health Levels, staving off unconsciousness or Death. This charm may only be used once per Scene.

Restraining Glacier Dragon
    Cost; - Mins; Essence 3 Type; Permanent
    Keywords; None
    Duration;Permanent
    With her fury unleashed, the Air Aspect turns the battlefield into a blizzard, refusing to allow any opponents to flee her wrath. Whenever the Air Aspect is in the Blood Fury, Close Range to her is Difficult Terrain for her enemies, requiring them to succeed on two disengage rolls over two turns to successfully escape her. Additionally, if someone does manage to escape from her, she may pay 3m, 1wp to launch an attack on them before they leave Close Range, even if she has already attacked this turn.

Glorious Sunlit Berserker
    Cost; +2m, 1wp Mins; Essence 3 Type; Permanent
    Keywords; None
    Duration; Permanent
    The glorious golden being fills herself with holy sunlight. She stands bloody and beaten, but will not bow her head, empowered by her fury. When the Solar activates Unquenched Blood-Fury, she may release her commitments to any Indefinite or Scene-Long combat charms, but maintain the effects. This does not refill her motes, but allows her to fill them with mote Regeneration. Additionally, she may activate 2 additional Scene-Long combat charms for no cost, if she has any.

Overwhelming Moonlit Destroyer
    Cost; 0m, Mins; Essence 3 Type; Reflexive
    Keywords; Decisive-Only
    Duration; Instant
    Lunar Fury is brutal and unrelenting. Even if she is to be pushed out of the Blood fury, she will not go quietly. This charm may be activated either when the Lunar drops her commitment to Unquenched Blood-Fury- for any reason-, or reflexively upon any Decisive Attack while in the Fury. If the Lunar drops her commitment to the Fury, she stays conscious until her next turn regardless, maintaining the other effects of the Fury to launch a final attack, which must be Decisive. Regardless of how this charm was activated, the Lunar adds an amount of Raw damage to her decisive attack equal to her total filled Health Levels. The Fury ends after her attack, and she suffers the effects.

Fated Rampaged Blade
    Cost;1m Mins; Essence 3 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Dual
    Duration; Instant
    The Sidereal caught in her anger relies not on practiced strikes or subtle manipulations of Fate. Rather she pulls the strands of Fate and slices them with Huskar, leaving great, rending wounds in her foes. When Supplementing a Withering Attack, the Sidereal may reduce her Target number on Damage Rolls to 6. When supplementing a Decisive attack, the Sidereal instead may double 10s. This charm may only be used during Unquenched Blood-Fury

Undying Stalwart Stance
    Cost;1m Mins; Essence 3 Type; Supplemental
    Keywords; Uniform
    Duration; Instant
    The Deathknight draws deeper power from her wounds then any other, being on the edge of death does not weaken her, but rather empower her, letting her unleash more of her terrible power. This charm supplements any attack, and allows the Abyssal to increase her Dice Cap on the attack by her wound penalty, but only functions while the Prerequisite charm is active

I would suggest you go and actually post this in the artifacts and evocations workshop, before the mods descend from yu-shan for you.
    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...orkshop/page39

Comment

Originally posted by LazzerusThanatos View Post
      I would suggest you go and actually post this in the artifacts and evocations workshop, before the mods descend from yu-shan for you.
      http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...orkshop/page39
      I am willing to bet actual money they're not going to enforce this.

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

​You might win some money if someone took you up on that bet. Lazzerus is right though, the other thread is a more appropriate place for the original post. The Exalted subforum is busy enough, there's a good chance this will just get lost if not incorporated into the larger workshop thread. Basically I'm saying Flare has my approval to cut and paste their original post to the other thread.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
        Posts in this color are moderator posts
        Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
        Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
          ​You might win some money if someone took you up on that bet. Lazzerus is right though, the other thread is a more appropriate place for the original post. The Exalted subforum is busy enough, there's a good chance this will just get lost if not incorporated into the larger workshop thread. Basically I'm saying Flare has my approval to cut and paste their original post to the other thread.
          With due respect, I am not going to do that and I disagree.

Grouped threads like that encourage groupthink over individual reading- where someone seizes on a single issue and complains about it, then everyone else ignores the artifact entirely and goes only for that issue over a detailed reading-, while presenting solutions that worked on previous artifacts onto the new one, creating a generic feel where each artifact starts to resemble each other. In addition to that, I find grouped threads like that give posts the exact same chance getting lost that you're saying this thread will suffer, except even worse; if there is already an artifact that is being 'critiqued', it is highly likely in such a grouped thread that your content will be ignored to continue to focus on the old problem. An individual thread is far superior on this, because the first post of this thread will always be the artifact. There's no searching for it, and no chance of it just accidentally getting overlooked and left behind due to a significant influx of posts pushing it to a page that isn't active. In effect, I find that a grouped thread has none of the benefits of a direct posting and in fact adds some of it's own problems.

I want a discussion about why and how I came to the choices of my artifact. I don't want blank 'this is broken please fix by this much' with everyone piling on it.

Comment

I don't really think there's any inherent benefit to an individual thread over a group thread, since individual threads usually fall by the wayside on here, or get distracted by something like this.

Your rodeo, though.

I think the way the attunement benefit is written is a little unclear/clunky. When you say magical armor, do you mean Resistance Charms or just stuff like Glorious Solar Plate?

Maybe write that attunement benefit as an Evocation you receive for free on attunement with a cost of 1hl that grants 5 notes that can only be used with other Evocations of Huskar. Writing it in that format gives you the opportunity to provide fluff for why/how Huskar does this. Does your body just wither as it uses life force? Or does it bleed you, with blood flowing across your arms to the hilt of the blade? That kind of stuff.
            Last edited by Leetsepeak; 08-11-2016, 03:23 PM.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
              I don't really think there's any inherent benefit to an individual thread over a group thread, since individual threads usually fall by the wayside on here, or get distracted by something like this.

Your rodeo, though.

I think the way the attunement benefit is written is a little unclear/clunky. When you say magical armor, do you mean Resistance Charms or just stuff like Glorious Solar Plate?

Maybe write that attunement benefit as an Evocation you receive for free on attunement with a cost of 1hl that grants 5 notes that can only be used with other Evocations of Huskar. Writing it in that format gives you the opportunity to provide fluff for why/how Huskar does this. Does your body just wither as it uses life force? Or does it bleed you, with blood flowing across your arms to the hilt of the blade? That kind of stuff.
              I mean anything that counts as armor. Diamond Body Prana does not count as armor. Glorious Solar Plate does; as is referenced by it being called armor and having a Mobility Penalty.

The Attunment benefit is not just 5 motes for 1 Health Level. It's repeatedly activateable over and over as long as you have health levels; the intent being to allow you to spend health levels over motes when attacking, allowing you to get closer to activating the capstone charm which would otherwise be almost unusable due to how unlikely it is for PCs to take large amounts of Health Level damage during fights.

Aditionally, forcing the weapon to decide how it's draining properties work is not something I'm interested in, because I find it more useful to allow each individual to determine their fluff of the weapon. If I had my way it would be bloody, cuts and wounds appearing as you take blades and blows to feed your power, but that is specific for my fluff desire and forcing that on others, even when it's an artifact I've created, is something I'm not interested in.

Comment

I think it would help make it feel more evocative. Writing it as an evocation doesn't force any limitation there, it arguably makes more sense since it requires a bit of description.

Rest assured that any ST who wants to use your weapon will definitely want ideas on visuals and themes to be provided. If they have their own direction they want to take it they'll just rip them out, but for people that might want to use this as a resource, they probably want an artifact that comes as a complete package, narratively and mechanically so they don't necessarily have to do the heavy-lifting, it's the kind of thing that people hunting down artifacts on the forums are usually looking for.

But fair enough, it's your artifact.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                  I think it would help make it feel more evocative. Writing it as an evocation doesn't force any limitation there, it arguably makes more sense since it requires a bit of description.

Rest assured that any ST who wants to use your weapon will definitely want ideas on visuals and themes to be provided. If they have their own direction they want to take it they'll just rip them out, but for people that might want to use this as a resource, they probably want an artifact that comes as a complete package, narratively and mechanically so they don't necessarily have to do the heavy-lifting, it's the kind of thing that people hunting down artifacts on the forums are usually looking for.

But fair enough, it's your artifact.
                  The artifact already references blood quite a good deal; including in the names of the Evocations. I feel the fluff is very clear on what it looks like without demanding it looks like something very specific.

Comment

Have you considered the implications of the attunement bonus with Wound Knitting Exercise? That health giving you 5m per level can be healed back for only 1m each if played carefully. I haven't fully contemplated whether or not this is acceptable yet, but it definitely needs to be part of your thought process.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrosorc View Post
                      Have you considered the implications of the attunement bonus with Wound Knitting Exercise? That health giving you 5m per level can be healed back for only 1m each if played carefully. I haven't fully contemplated whether or not this is acceptable yet, but it definitely needs to be part of your thought process.
                      Certainly powerful, but the health level growth is going to be between, probably, 4 to 2 rounds. Roughly 2 1/2 extra motes at the highest per round. It is not definitively overpoweringly strong, especially since you have to finish using the charm's heals before you can cast it again; each time being a Simple charm. It's strong since it effectively grants you extra motes per round, but you're also paying 1 mote per health level, so I don't even know if 2 1/2 motes per round is the correct statement, more like 3 motes every two rounds at Stamina 5.

Comment

Working...
                      X