No announcement yet.

[Exalted-related Media] "Thunderbolt Fantasy" aka Exalted the TV-Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbolt Fantasy "airs" Saturdays. Season 3 got three episodes so far, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Comment

• Well, its never too late to say ThunderBolt Fantasy is amazing.
      If you are reading this and thinks that you would never watch a puppet wuxia show.... please do so!

I'm currently watching season 2 and can't wait to see season 3!

If you like Alchemicals, please check out my DeviantArt Gallery!!
      - 5 Magic Materials BeamKlaves and Gyroscopic Chakrans ? OK
      - Autochthonia updated World Map? OK
      And many more! http://efq.deviantart.com/gallery/48131405/Alchemicals

Comment

• Episode 10 concerns...
        Little concerned to start seeing blatant fanservice in this show after 3 seasons.
        Thunderbolt Fantasy has never exactly been good in its portrayal of women but it's been a lot more watchable than a lot of anime because it's harder to objectify puppets. Hence a character like Zhao Jun Lin whose basically a succubus gets a design that's kind of badass demon royalty rather than titillating (it's helped that she'll be voiced by Aoi Yūki whose previously shown us that she can make a sword sexy).

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

• Originally posted by Lioness View Post
          Episode 10 concerns...
          Little concerned to start seeing blatant fanservice in this show after 3 seasons.
          Thunderbolt Fantasy has never exactly been good in its portrayal of women but it's been a lot more watchable than a lot of anime because it's harder to objectify puppets. Hence a character like Zhao Jun Lin whose basically a succubus gets a design that's kind of badass demon royalty rather than titillating (it's helped that she'll be voiced by Aoi Yūki whose previously shown us that she can make a sword sexy).
          I get that. Seemed a bit weird to me since I mean puppets and all that so the fanservice titllation stuff wasn't translating. On the otherhand I will give that I was happy to see it as opposed to what feels like the the 40th iteration of the same shots of her talking to the sword over and over again at least this looked different.

Comment

• It's just that it reminds me of the manga in a bad way and the differences... in Kei Gai's design between the two mediums.

Comment

• Been watching a ton of donghua on Bili Bili but been meaning to get around to Thunderbolt Fantasy. There a good place to stream it that doesn't involve raising the colors?

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

• Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                Been watching a ton of donghua on Bili Bili but been meaning to get around to Thunderbolt Fantasy. There a good place to stream it that doesn't involve raising the colors?
                Crunchyroll and VRV have it, if you're cool with ignoring ads then free is also an option there. Not sure if there are others.

Comment

• Just caught up again before the finale.

I just couldn't see the Enigmatic Gale ever taking an L, and turns out I was right. Man, that guy is just going to fuck over everyone forever.

Comment

• Though in a sense he's also been losing constantly in that neither of the villains he's ruined the lives of during the course of the show have had the desired reaction after all the cat and mouse.

Comment

Working...
                    X