Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any word on the Exalted pruducts that are "On the Horizon"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the Exalted pruducts that are "On the Horizon"?

Products like the Paths of Brigid, Arms of the Chosen, The Realm, Dragon-Blooded, Towers of the Mighty, Exigents and Different Skies are said to be on the horizon in the production line... but has there been any work as to how far along these products are? I do realize that there is a lot of work being done to meet the stretch goals for the Exalted Backers... and can understand the desire to get that out of the way as quickly as possible... but still... hearing something about these other products would be nice (at least to stave off my players who are chomping at the bit for news about further support for the game).

I've tried looking at other threads that seem like they might offer information on these things... but most just turn out to be rumor and innuendo about what they would like or what they have heard will be included... no actual information on the progress of these titles.

If someone could at least point me in the right direction for such information... it would be helpful (and hopefully get my players off my back on this... or at least to put down the sharp, pointy objects they want to throw in my direction when I can't tell them anything).

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Tell your players there is no current information on these products other than Arms of the Chosen, The Realm, and Dragonblooded:What Fire Has Wrought are in their second drafts currently and most likely will be out on 2017 at the earliest.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

If you would like a status report on what is currently being worked on in the Exalted line, check the Monday Meeting Notes. There is a section at the bottom that details all of the OP projects in certain stages of development. As Keichiokami said, Arms of the Chosen, The Realm, and the Dragon-Blooded book are all in second drafts currently. The other books you listed, I imagine, are still in conceptual phases right now and are not being focused on yet. Additionally, it is important to note that some of the developers are going through personal tragedies right now, so development has been slowed down a bit as they work through these issues, so please tell your players to be patient and understanding if they are not happy about the wait.

Comment

I'm moving into the...fifth? sixth? I've honestly lost count—draft of the Dragon-Blooded Charmset. It's come a long way from where it started. I'm not involved with the production/logistics end of operations, so I can't give you any estimates, but progress is still occurring.

In terms of distance-from-the-horizon, Paths of Brigid and Different Skies are further off from the rest.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Feeling good about this one?

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

I've tried keeping up with the Monday Meeting notes... but sometimes often it just repeats what is going on with such titles (no change or such). It would be nice to get at least one more book before the new year... but I guess me and my players will just need to be patent (and I need to invest in a bigger Game Master Screeen/Shield ).

There are three types of people in the world... those who can count and those who can't.
            I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
              Feeling good about this one?
              I'm excited about the Dragon-Blooded for the first time in my Exalted career. :3

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                I'm excited about the Dragon-Blooded for the first time in my Exalted career. :3
                See, I've been excited about them since I first learned dragon bloods weren't basically like DND half dragons. I'm looking forward to playing my first fire aspect (I've played every other aspect almost twice... somehow fire has eluded me...)

I'm curious to see how a Dragon Blood of equal essence to a Solar who isn't a combat supernal plays out. (or even combat supernal) Is the fight overly skewed, or is it more like watching two forces of nature trade blows with each other until one is left?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGraySoul View Post
                  Additionally, it is important to note that some of the developers are going through personal tragedies right now, so development has been slowed down a bit as they work through these issues, so please tell your players to be patient and understanding if they are not happy about the wait.
                  Oh dear, what's happening now? I stopped keeping track of Monday Meeting Notes a while ago due to not having the energy to read it all every week and losing interest in the WoD.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                  Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                    ...somehow fire has eluded me...
                    To be fair, they get Dodge and Athletics as Aspect Abilities.

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                    Oh dear, what's happening now?
                    I don't believe they've told us, so it's probably something very personal.

Comment

I'm curious to see how a Dragon Blood of equal essence to a Solar who isn't a combat supernal plays out. (or even combat supernal) Is the fight overly skewed, or is it more like watching two forces of nature trade blows with each other until one is left?
                      My hope is that there will be a bit of a return to first ed, where the result of a fight between two exalts was always in doubt. Sure the Solar should win but don't you dare count that DB out, if you do he will shank you good and proper.

In essence the fight shouldn't be a forgone conclusion.

Comment

See, I've been excited about them since I first learned dragon bloods weren't basically like DND half dragons. I'm looking forward to playing my first fire aspect (I've played every other aspect almost twice... somehow fire has eluded me...)

I can sorta answer this, in a totally baseless and not to be taken as canon sort of way:

A while back John and Holden sat me down and made me watch Samurai Champloo - great series btw - and there is a fight at the end of the series that had John saying 'this is what it's like when a DB meets a Solar'. The two badass warriors had been cutting swathes of terror through all of Japan at this point, meet this guy, and get totally waxed in very short order. But, due to some trickery and awesomeness and weirdness, do prevail.

So yeah, skewed definitely, but also forces of nature, and it's about the narrative too, not just 'who has E5 Melee charms'. It's about who uses their powers in the best way as well, acknowledging their weaknesses and using them.

Mostly, go watch Samurai Champloo.

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                          Oh dear, what's happening now? I stopped keeping track of Monday Meeting Notes a while ago due to not having the energy to read it all every week and losing interest in the WoD.
                          Holden has a lot on his plate emotionally, his mother passed away fighting cancer being the biggest.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post

I can sorta answer this, in a totally baseless and not to be taken as canon sort of way:

A while back John and Holden sat me down and made me watch Samurai Champloo - great series btw - and there is a fight at the end of the series that had John saying 'this is what it's like when a DB meets a Solar'. The two badass warriors had been cutting swathes of terror through all of Japan at this point, meet this guy, and get totally waxed in very short order. But, due to some trickery and awesomeness and weirdness, do prevail.

So yeah, skewed definitely, but also forces of nature, and it's about the narrative too, not just 'who has E5 Melee charms'. It's about who uses their powers in the best way as well, acknowledging their weaknesses and using them.

Mostly, go watch Samurai Champloo.
                            Don't need to re-watch it. You have sold me madame.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowstripe View Post
                              I've tried looking at other threads that seem like they might offer information on these things... but most just turn out to be rumor and innuendo about what they would like or what they have heard will be included... no actual information on the progress of these titles.
                              From what I've heard, which I think is more than just idle rumor, is that the developers are having simultaneously a pretty crappy and really busy time. So since there's only 2 main "Devs" from what I know, it unfortunately guts all the momentum out of exalted projects. On the other hand while Vance may not technically be a "Dev", he's also basically a Golden Labrador Retriever surfing a giant electric guitar, playing it with his paws. So he's awesome, is what I'm saying.

H-h-how?

Well if the Solar isn't at all combat focused I'm pretty sure the DB has that, considering every DB charm tree is also a combat charm tree. On the other hand if the Solar is a decent fighter in addition to whatever else she does, then she's probably got an extreme advantage. It should be though, Dynasts can bring ten thousand women and men, two dozen exalts, summoned spirits, horses, ships, and whatever else they need. If they were anywhere near as strong as celestial exalted all that would be overkill.

Comment

Working...
                              X