Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moonsilver Warriors (PEACH)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I've been working on this off and on since I got the backer pdf of Exalted 3e. Though I've had the idea of working on this since I first found an old incomplete version of it while learning about Nocturnal Exalted. I felt that in 3rd edition the Moonsilver Warriors now have a place where they fit in better. The idea is that the Warriors have some of the same concepts as the Lunars but not all, and they're not nearly as powerful. This is because the Lunars basically made them in their own image.
    The Warriors are not meant to be fully exalted but they can be treated as such. In this way they are basically what I originally imagined the Terrrestrial Chosen of Animals that I had feared Lunars would become but with less essence. (After reading all the way through the 3e book I'm not nearly as worried about this anymore) But it didn't seem like such a bad idea and I thought someone could use it. Also, the Moonsilver Warriors seemed like an appropriate group to have these charms.
    Let me know what you think or if you have more ideas for charms, mechanics and the like. (and maybe a better name for the splat) I'll update it as I get time. As usual if any Devs like the ideas contained within feel free to use them.

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Haven't read through all the charms yet.But the idea of mortals being bound to a totem and gaining charms through their bond with that totem. Does sound interesting to use.

One thing I have noticed is under the Water Jets charm

"The Warrior converts up to (Athletics) dice of a roll to perform a rush in the water or in each interval of a swimming race or other test of speed in the water."

The text states you convert up to (athletics) dice. But it doesn't state what you convert it into. I guess automatic successes. But I'm not sure.

Comment

So 3rd Edition doesn't necessitate that everything be Exalted or not Exalted or fit into a neat category of being, so I don't feel that you need a sidebar explaining that they are not Exalted.

Similarly, the nomenclature of Heroic Mortal is no longer applicable, as it's not a distinct class of person or being. It's enough to just say that they are a mortal who displays x or y traits sufficient for the Lunar Exalted to transform them into these things.

I think the idea is neat, horrifying and makes sense in a way.

While I know the word automaton pops up in the book and isn't wrong at all, I do think that you could make this feel a bit more mythical and frightening if you use the word statue instead of automaton.

I think the idea of creating them using a Solar Circle Working should be in a sidebar, with instead the introduction focusing on what that ritual looks like and feels like. Remember, Sorcerous Working is an action, but much like Shape Sorcery, it often involves more than just standing there and staring at somebody, everybody does it differently, and it's likely that every sorcerous working is different. One might require you to howl under the moon at midnight every day as you carve bloody sigils on your body, another might require you to construct the body as you go, chanting a prayer while you work, another might require you to build a small model of the region you're cursing, then physically destroy it at the apex of the ritual, etcetera.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Thanks guys. I corrected the typo and ditched the heroic adjective. I removed the mention of the solar working from the introduction. I feel the intro needs more but I'm gonna have to think on it. Any advice would be welcome. I am going to keep the word automaton in though. The word is old enough that I think it still works.
        However, I've added some stuff including a version of Limit in which becoming a statue is a legitimate concern. I like the idea of steering it toward a more mythical feel and I'll try to write it more in that way.
        Any more advice is welcome

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

New update: Fleshed out the Character Creation, Added another totem, some new mechanics, and some new charms.

Also updated the privileges so you can comment on the document directly.
          I'm having a lot of fun writing this and I feel that this splat is now finally starting to reach beyond its starting material and becoming its own thing. Though I'd be lying if I said it was devoid of its original influences.
          Please let me know what you think. I could really use some feedback on this idea.

Comment

Working...
          X