No announcement yet.

The Out-of-Context Game Quotes Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Swell guy, that Emissary. I hear he even volunteers at soup kitchens on weekends. You know, helping to cook, serving the food, and poisoning poor people that have broken Nexus law."

Comment

• (A crowd assembles outside with weapons and torches)

​Axiom: "That's my cue to leave."

-------

Robin: "The Hooded Executioners gonna burn down your house, because they said you killed Councilor Brueghel. Might want to get over here before that happens."

-------

Carter: "That face you threw in the fire... that was from someone you murdered, wasn't it?"
      ​Axiom: "So what if it was?"
      ​Carter: "I don't like to see people die."
      Axiom: "You chose a pretty shitty place to live."

​--------

(The doorbell rings)
      Carter: "What do you think that is?"
      Kithri: "I have no idea."
      ​Robin: "Business. Friends. Preachers. It could be any of them."

--------

Invisible Horse Princess: "I feel like I've been hogging all the killing."
      Weighted Scarf: "Oh, no, I couldn't. I don't suppose you'd understand. I'm a watcher, not a doer. I could never... but then again, it's not murder, if it's already dead, is it?"

--------

Invisible Horse Princess: "Is murder not actually all that tasty? Or do you just get tired of eating the same thing all the time? I'll admit I don't fully understand the details of your diet. You're not allergic to any types of murder, are you? Or gluten? I'm not sure this steakhouse does the whole gluten-free thing."
      Weighted Scarf: "Murder can be sinfully delicious, but like all repast, you find that variety is the spice of life. Someone stabbing a man who was rude to him... is somewhat like a potato. An unseasoned potato. But draining a man's blood and replacing it with wine, it's a whole other experience."

Comment

• Originally posted by webkilla View Post

was it to show dominance?
        No, it was an earlier, rookie assignment for that agent.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

• I love my gaming group and I have never resented them for not being willing to play Exalted... apart from when I read this thread.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• "T. Rexes double 7s when searching for blueberries."

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

• "I will give people crabs and gonorrhea with my spit; like a dilophosaurus for STDs."

"We can't set them all on fire! You only talked to one guy!"
              "You don't understand! He was a real dick!"

"Pssst. Hey, kid. How do you feel about dying in fire?"

"Ah, I forgot entirely about that. That. That is an outstanding ass right there."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dietaku View Post

"Ah, I forgot entirely about that. That. That is an outstanding ass right there."
                Was it the ass of Captain Realm, the ass of the realm?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• webkilla Sadly, no. It was an off-hand quip I made while STing. I was flipping through Scroll of Glorious Divinity 2 looking for the stats of the Teojuza when I found the picture of a young lady wearing one of the Living Armors, (On page 88 if you're curious) and remarked that off-handedly as she is very lovely. My players, cheeky as they are wont to be, demanded I add it to my list of funny OoC comments I make every session.

If it makes you feel better, one of our PCs is a Changing Moon Lunar with a body leotard, not akin to Lancer in Fate/Stay Night, so we do have a fellow with quite the fine ass, too.

Comment

• Robin: I'd love to oath that but it cause her to show her caste mark so no.

ST: And you could still just shake on it like a person, without placing a magical oath under the eyes of Heaven over both participants.

------------

Thalevar: Brueghel was there, and he was dead. The entire top of his head had exploded.
                    ​Kithri: Hmm... that does actually sound like IHP.
                    ST: Maybe she did it while sleepwalking?
                    IHP: Yeah, I'll admit, the MO fits Princess.
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 07-21-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Thalevar: Brueghel was there, and he was dead. The entire top of his head had exploded.
                      ​Kithri: Hmm... that does actually sound like IHP.
                      ST: Maybe she did it while sleepwalking?
                      IHP: Yeah, I'll admit, the MO fits Princess.
                      I'm still not convinced she didn't do it, and I play her!

Comment

• <looks at the lunar, then goes to the zenith>
                        "How do I do it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                          Player: “Also, if we were on the other side of this interaction I think I'd be really worried about [NPC] being a Sidereal right now.”
                          ST: “Speaking of that... [Informs us of said NPC using what’s almost definitely Avoiding the Truth Technique].”
                          Hectare: "This ship won't sink on my watch!" (Caste mark begins to glow)

Flit: "How many demons, glowing gods, and monsters are on this ship?" (to Father Salt) "I don't suppose you're a thousands-years-old martial arts master, are you?"

Father Salt: (shakes his head slowly)

Comment

• Monk: "How dare you [Burger Maven Lunar], meat steals your soul!"
                            DB: *glances to monk 2*
                            Monk 2: "No, it's just against our oaths, he's an idiot."

(technically this one's a hypothetical in our Discord server but I want this to happen at some point now)

My wordpress
                            Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

• “Y'see Kharas, that's what I'm always saying, you never give a gift to a horse in the mouth.”

“I can't be an animal this whole session. This whole not being able to talk is becoming really inconvenient.”

“I need to pull a Rakis, and someone has to!”

“So, anyways, there's a giant white thing with two of your comrades and a dapper man with a simhata are beating.”

“That giant white thing is really giving Zatch a pounding!”

Comment

• ST: "You see the gang members run into a building with a very sturdy door - what do you do?"
                                P1: "Eat the door and chalk it up to cultural differences"

P2: "I'm allowed to say at least once intelligent thing per day"

P2: "I throw myself at the bad guys"
                                ST: "What is your self-yeeting stat?"

P2: "Ya we can probably get out of whatever it is we're being lured into"

A player has been clubbed by corrupt cops and tossed through a door - an ooc convo followed:
                                P1: "Is my butt sore?"
                                ST: "yes, and all the rest of you too"
                                P1: "Then I was raped!"
                                P2: "but you like that"
                                P1: "It was self-inflicted"
                                St: "...how?"
                                P2: "split personality masturbation"

P1: "I hug him a little too long, so it becomes awkward"

P2: "is there any furniture around of organic materials?"
                                St: "chairs of wood?"
                                p2: "I eat them"
                                st: "But there are servants with food milling about"
                                p2: "Canibalism? eww"
                                Last edited by webkilla; 08-06-2019, 03:22 PM.

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X