Back Alive or Maybe Dead [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercepting the train!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
    I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Derailing the train has more potential complications and stopping the train has only slightly fewer. So I vote for intercepting the train.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• The first step in the plan was intercepting the train.

Getting on a moving train was no easy feat - especially if it was guarded. Aside from the challenge of boarding itself, they had to think about what would happen if the yeddim got spooked.

Eventually, they settled on meeting the train...
        • ...on the plains, where there was more room to maneuver.
        • ...in the canyons, where they would have the most cover.
        • ...as it slowly climbed out of a valley.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• In the Canyons!

I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Eventually, they settled on meeting the train...

...as it slowly climbed out of a valley.

Comment

• ...in the canyons, where they would have the most cover

The artist behind the quests From Out of a Dream (complete) and Back Alive, or Maybe Dead (running!). Go give a read and make your choice!

Comment

• Eventually, they settled on meeting the train in the canyons, where they would have the most cover. But the most critical question was - who was doing what?

Seres getting hired on as a guard gave them an opportunity...
                • ...but they decided it was too dangerous for her to go in alone...
                  • ...so she'd ride with Lans instead.
                  • ...so she'd be riding with the Tower instead.
                  • Something else?
                • ...and they would milk it for all it was worth. She'd...
                  • ...wait for the posse to ride up, and then turn on the other guards.
                  • ...make for the dust-freight car, and uncouple it at the first opportunity.
                  • ...make sure no passengers got in their way.
                  • Something else?
                Lans was the best rider, not that Ash would ever say so aloud. So, naturally, he would...
                • ...harry the train and draw the guards' attention.
                • ...race in and board the train before anyone could stop him.
                • Something else?
                Ash, on the other hand, had King and her flamepieces. Together, they were best suited for...
                • ...boarding the train in a way sure to get everyone's attention.
                • ...attacking the dust freight-car.
                • Something else?
                Gaze-of-the-Sun was trickier to figure out, partly because she wouldn't volunteer for anything in particular. But eventually she agreed to...
                • ...fly above in reserve, ready to swoop in if it looked like things weren't going smooth.
                • ...use her magic to frighten and disorient the train's occupants.
                • ...helping to drive the tower.
                • ...something else?
                Serge wasn't part of the talks, because he wasn't there. They'd have to give him his instructions later, and trust that he'd follow. Ash figured he'd be better at...
                • ...boarding the train as a "Second Wave" of sorts.
                • Something else?
                Bo, too, had a part to play...
                • ...getting a head start on clearing the area around the abandoned mine for their preparations.
                • Something else?
                Last edited by semicasual; 05-30-2018, 10:59 PM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Ermagerhd. So many choices..

Comment

• OOC: Yeah, I thought about it, and I figured delivering these one at a time would take too long. But don't feel rushed to answer every question at once - think it through, talk it out with other players.

Comment

• Seres : Milk it for all its worth, make sure no passengers get in the way.
                      Lans : Race in and get onboard before anyone could stop him.
                      Us/Ash: board the train and making sure all eyes are on us. Let's be that distraction.
                      Gaze-of-the-Sun: Flying reserve, ready for when things go wrong.
                      Serge and Bo can drive the tower.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• I could argue for a swap between Lans and Ash's role but otherwise, I'm leaning the same as FallenEco

Comment

• Eventually, they settled on meeting the train in the canyons, where they would have the most cover. But the most critical question was - who was doing what?

Seres getting hired on as a guard gave them an opportunity...
                          ...and they would milk it for all it was worth. She'd...
                          ...make for the dust-freight car, and uncouple it at the first opportunity.

Lans was the best rider, not that Ash would ever say so aloud. So, naturally, he would...
                          ...harry the train and draw the guards' attention.

Ash, on the other hand, had King and her flamepieces. Together, they were best suited for...
                          ...boarding the train in a way sure to get everyone's attention.

Gaze-of-the-Sun was trickier to figure out, partly because she wouldn't volunteer for anything in particular. But eventually she agreed to...
                          ...helping to drive the tower, ready to fly in if it looked like things weren't going smoothly

Serge wasn't part of the talks, because he wasn't there. They'd have to give him his instructions later, and trust that he'd follow. Ash figured he'd be better at...
                          ...boarding the train as a "Second Wave" of sorts.

...helping to drive the tower.

Comment

• ...make for the dust-freight car, and uncouple it at the first opportunity.

The artist behind the quests From Out of a Dream (complete) and Back Alive, or Maybe Dead (running!). Go give a read and make your choice!

Comment

• Seres getting hired on as a guard gave them an opportunity...
                              ...and they would milk it for all it was worth. She'd...
                              ...make for the dust-freight car, and uncouple it at the first opportunity.

Lans was the best rider, not that Ash would ever say so aloud. So, naturally, he
                              ...race in and board the train before anyone could stop him.

...boarding the train in a way sure to get everyone's attention.

...fly above in reserve, ready to swoop in if it looked like things weren't going smooth

...helping to drive the tower
                              ...helping to drive the tower.

Comment

• Seres getting hired on as a guard gave them an opportunity, and they would milk it for all it was worth. She would go to trainyard and board before departure. Once the others began their attack, she would make sure the passengers - and other guards - didn't get in the way.

Ash would take point. With King and her flamepieces, they would board the train in a way sure to get everyone's attention.

Lans was the best rider, not that Ash would ever say so aloud. So, while Ash kept the train's occupants occupied, he would rush in and board the train before anyone could stop him. Then he'd make for the dust car and uncouple it.

Gaze-of-the-Sun was trickier to figure out, partly because she wouldn't volunteer for anything in particular. But eventually she agreed to be a flying reserve.

That left Serge and Bo to move the tower into position. They'd roll up the tracks behind the train, hitch the loose car to the tower, and then make their escape. The other members of the posse would get off the train in their own time, and meet up again at the abandoned mine.

As plans went, it was loose, and would demand some improvisation once it got going. But if it all went well, they'd let the train roll on while the tower trundled away in the opposite direction, hauling a load of refined dust behind it.

...if it all went well.

OOC commentary:
                                Thank you for your patience and input, all! We'll get to the heist proper next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X