Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Volivat View Post
    I really like your efforts on the demons! I especially appreciate the spiders, going to use them in the next session.
    Thank you! Funnily enough, you're the second person recently to single out the Anuhles. I enjoyed making them and thinking about how to do each breed's venom. Any feedback you have on using them would be valuable.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post

Thank you! Funnily enough, you're the second person recently to single out the Anuhles. I enjoyed making them and thinking about how to do each breed's venom. Any feedback you have on using them would be valuable.

The different breed`s venom was a neat addition, it literally makes for several demons with that one write up.

Must say I am looking forward to any attempts of 2nd and 3rd circle demons.

Comment

My plan when I next tackle a Third Circle Demon is to try and work out Erembour. She's a good one because she's not got the conceptual difficulties of something like Munaxes or Lypothymie, who I attempted to convert early on.

As for 2nd Circles... A friend of mine already did Gervesin. I suppose I've thought about Sondok. I'm just not totally sure where to start.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
          My plan when I next tackle a Third Circle Demon is to try and work out Erembour. She's a good one because she's not got the conceptual difficulties of something like Munaxes or Lypothymie, who I attempted to convert early on.

As for 2nd Circles... A friend of mine already did Gervesin. I suppose I've thought about Sondok. I'm just not totally sure where to start.

Sondok would be cool, neat 2nd circle. Erembour would be great to see, if I ever get around to it ill tackle Ligier.

Comment

Hey everybody, wrote up three new demons and wanted to call attention to the manuscript with my spell conversions in them since we haven't been able to coordinate an update to the pdf recently.

Perronele, the Living Armor

They're a classic, but tricky to render in a way that felt fair and not obligatory for every sorcerer ever. I hope people like these. Any suggestions for new abilities or new costs for them would be appreciated, I do want to make sure I don't miss any gaps.

Eristrufa, the Mist Demon

You sailing sorcerers now have a buddy! They're good at harassing naval foes in mist form and leviathan form, and can do some nasty grappling, too. They're sort of specialized but plenty powerful, I think. If you guys feel like you see any enormous problems or holes or there are things you wish carried over for them, please let me know.

Bisclavaret, the Shadow Eater

These guys are fun. They can turn into animals and eat your shadow. My friend pointed out that it might be fun if they can do at least one more thing with a Shadow they've devoured, so I'm all ears for any suggestions.

Additionally, I did some retooling of the Flame Duck to try to make them cooler.

Flame Duck

They're fire elementals that are pretty cool and have a silly name. I wrote them up previously but wasn't satisfied with their Charms, and now I feel like they're in a much better place. Burning Sisterhood makes them better at fighting alongside other flame ducks in a battlegroup. They can enhance their individual attacks with flame and specialize in commanding small Battlegroups of Size 2 or less, enhancing their attacks through Immolating Order. I'd love your thoughts on the mechanics, especially if they see use in play.

These are all in the Demons of Malfeas page on the front page of this hub, and Crossing into Malfeas has also been updated with info for each of them. The Flame Ducks can be found in Elementals of Creation, too.

Lastly, I wanted to share the spell manuscript again:

Book of Three Circles

Almost all the spells have had mechanics overhauled or fine-tuned. A sidebar has been added after Peacock Shadow Eyes as a reminder about Psyche spells and comfort levels. Additionally, I'm happy to say there's also three Sapphire Circle Spells in there too! Call an army of animals to fight for you, summon a torrent of water to flood and pulverize your enemies, or twist someone's love for you into an inescapable bind. Terrifying feats for the Celestial Sorcerers out there.

Feedback on any and all of these things is appreciated. I like making these for fun, but I want them to be useful to the community first and foremost. Enjoy!
            Last edited by Leetsepeak; 03-28-2017, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Wow thanks so much for these home brews, especially the followers of the chosen. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking at to stat out followers for my university organization, and something I can use as an example for making my own now.

Question though: are you planning on making higher level followers, or ones who have been trained to greater ability as it says that a player can do in the followers merit description, because that would also be amazing.

Homebrew Second Circle Demon, First Circle Progeny, and Sorcerous Initiation based on the two found Here
              Homebrew Merit, Executive Leadership, for controlling an organization found Here

Comment

Originally posted by norraba View Post
                Wow thanks so much for these home brews, especially the followers of the chosen. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking at to stat out followers for my university organization, and something I can use as an example for making my own now.

Question though: are you planning on making higher level followers, or ones who have been trained to greater ability as it says that a player can do in the followers merit description, because that would also be amazing.
                Thank you for the compliment!

I don't have any intention of making higher level followers, no, mostly because the only different between the lower level followers and the higher level ones would be the amount of dots they have in their Abilities. I believe the intent is that a player would use training charms such as those found in the Lore charm tree to raise those ratings.

Comment

Fairly reasonable view of this, I think that for now I will also adopt this idea

Homebrew Second Circle Demon, First Circle Progeny, and Sorcerous Initiation based on the two found Here
                  Homebrew Merit, Executive Leadership, for controlling an organization found Here

Comment

Okay, so another update today! I have a heapin bunch of QCs to share. First up is the Manual of the Northern Creatures...

Manual of Northern Creatures

So this was a little project over the last few weeks, converting creatures from the North to the Third Edition to be used in a game. Included also are brief tags for them, and for some other animals that appeared in the core book with some advice on what they would be in the North based on their descriptions. I hope it's a useful tool for anybody running a game in the North! I will be adding this to the front page.

I also updated the Thunderbird!

Thunderbird

So this might seem like a small tweak, bit it's a big overhaul that shifted the Thunderbird from being E4 to being an E3 elemental as they were originally. I hope that this can be of use to folks more so than the original! The Unsung Hero I hope that you're still in a position where this could see use!

Also introducing a new but currently meager project, the Records of the Funereal Order! This will be for converting types of ghosts forward, sure, but it will also be for making up some new ones to use based upon this new Underworld of ours! Currently, the only one in there is the Nemissary, but I hope that is useful to people.

Records of the Funereal Order

This one will also be added to the front page.

As always, feedback is appreciated!

Comment

Any chance of a great terror coming? I have a player looking to use one as a familiar.

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                        Any chance of a great terror coming? I have a player looking to use one as a familiar.
                        Apologies for not getting back to this sooner, I will take a crack at it today!

Comment

This is fantastically useful stuff, you are so amazing.

Any chance of a Hybroc? 50-75 foot wingspan 'scaled bird' of the north, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Piff View Post
                            This is fantastically useful stuff, you are so amazing.

Any chance of a Hybroc? 50-75 foot wingspan 'scaled bird' of the north, IIRC.
                            I read about the Hybroc when I was converting the Great Roc, but I couldn't find where it is in the books. If there's a page reference you can give me, I can totally give it a shot.

Comment

I can do better than that, references are scant so I can collect everything in a single brief post. I only am familiar with it because those of us that had to make do with the original 1e beastiary regarded it as the 'big animal bad'...
                              Hybroc: The hybroc is a scaled bird. With a wingspan ranging between 50 to 75 feet, it is a carnivore capable of grabbing humans and animals up to the size of a horse. It lives in mountainous regions and is sought after by hunters. Attempts to domesticate the hybroc have failed so far.
                              And some 1e stats, for conversion purposes...

Hybroc 12/3/8 4 -0x2/-1x2/ Claw: 6/7/10L, 6/4L/8B Athletics 1, -2x2/-4/I Beak: 5/6/13L Awareness 2, Brawl 4, Dodge 3, Presence 7 — hybrocs are control rating 5 to ride.
                              Finally, as a notional comparison for size to a Great Roc...

Dwarfing their smaller cousins, the great rocs of Metagalapa approach the size of the Hybroc. With a wingspan of 50 feet or more, a great roc can carry a sizable load or a howdah on its back.

Comment

Originally posted by Piff View Post
                                I can do better than that, references are scant so I can collect everything in a single brief post. I only am familiar with it because those of us that had to make do with the original 1e beastiary regarded it as the 'big animal bad'...

And some 1e stats, for conversion purposes...

Finally, as a notional comparison for size to a Great Roc...
                                Could you help me parse the 1e stats? Is that:
                                Strength/Dexterity/Stamina <unknown, Willpower?> Health Levels Weapons Abilities Ride Control Rating
                                12/3/8 4 -0x2/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap. Claws, Beak Awareness 2, Brawl 4, Dodge 3, Presence 7 5
                                Does that look right to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X