X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Does that look right to you?
    Yep! The 4 is, in fact, willpower.

The claws do 6/7/10L in 1e weapon terms, and the beak does 5/6/13L.

Also the soak - 4L, 8B with a 6 die dodge pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
      Any chance of a great terror coming? I have a player looking to use one as a familiar.
      Apologies for the delay, but here are some stats for a Great Terror. I will keep looking these over to consider adding more to them if that's necessary.

Great Terror

I would peg it at a 3-dot familiar, though there's a wide-range for what that kind of thing might be!

The Great Terror has been added to the Manual of Northern Creatures as well.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Apologies for the delay, but here are some stats for a Great Terror. I will keep looking these over to consider adding more to them if that's necessary.

Great Terror

I would peg it at a 3-dot familiar, though there's a wide-range for what that kind of thing might be!

The Great Terror has been added to the Manual of Northern Creatures as well.

Thanks greatly!

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Hey everybody!

Some updates. I've been hard at work adding more spells to the Book of Three Circles, which I've come to realize is probably due a name change as I found out about the first edition book sharing the name some time ago. (I thought it was just an in-universe thing! Forgive me.) I would love to hear ideas for alternative names if you have any!

Book of Three Circles

Since I last posted, I added a changelog to keep track of changes made to the document at the top of it. Additionally, I've added a few spells, which I will list below.​​​​
          • Assassin's Fatal Touch
          • Dirge of Shadows (formerly Shadow Summons)
          • Impervious Sphere of Water
          • Internal Flame (the redux!)
          • Sorcerer's Irresistable Puppetry
          • Sting of the Ice Hornets
          • Theft of Memory
          Additionally, every spell has a control spell effect now, and almost every one has undergone revisions thanks to playtesting notes and further thinking. If you use any of these spells in your games, please let me know how it goes, I am interested in your feedback and improving this for the community as much as possible.

On a similar note, I have been making updates to the Demons written into my Demons of Malfeas document. I have been overhauling and revising demons, and I have started adding Storyteller Tactics sections to my writeups like those we see in Hundred Devil's Night Parade releases to make sure people have ideas on how to use the demons I've written. Once I've finished doing that for all my demons, I intend to do that for Elementals of Creation and my other work as well. This will take me some time however, and I appreciate any thoughts you have and your patience with me while I work on it.

Demons of Malfeas

Some of you might notice that there's a new addition among the Demons of Malfeas. Berengiere, the Weaver of Voices, Demon of the Second Circle. I want to thank ElfSpeaker for reaching out to me and offering his version of Berengiere for inclusion in Demons of Malfeas many moons ago. Real life got in the way of corresponding with him, but his work was essential to this version of her, and I'm grateful to him for allowing me to include her in this collection. If anyone else wants to collaborate or wants to request conversions of specific demons, I am open to doing so!

Berengiere, the Weaver of Voices

I tried to give her a good amount of options for dealing with opposition. While she may not possess the raw offensive capabilities of someone like Octavian, Berengiere can enervate her opponents and make use of her powerful social charms to sow serious disarray among those that threaten her, or her master. When I write my Storytellers Tactics for Berengiere, I will try my best to give my view of how she uses her kit to the fullest. All thoughts and feedback are appreciated!
          I've got my conversions of beasties in the works, as well as some original content for the Dreaming Sea region of Creation. Stay tuned for more.
          Last edited by Leetsepeak; 09-11-2017, 02:18 AM.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Hey everybody, another updated!

Added Giant Spiders to the Bestiary of Creation. They're delicate but can hurt people pretty badly in an ambush, as well as weaving interesting structures out of webbing. Any feedback or ideas you guys have would be appreciated!

Giant Spiders

Bestiary of Creation

Been working on spells for the Celestial Circle and Solar Circle, including Total Annihilation recently. It seems as straightforward as can be, but I want to make sure it has some additional interesting elements.

Comment

If I can make a request, I'd love for some guidelines on Godblooded and maybe Zsofika? I have a player who's past life had a tryst with her, and their child is still around.

Also, are only canonical demons acceptable?

Comment

If I can make a request, I'd love for some guidelines on Godblooded
                What kind of guidelines are you looking for?

and maybe Zsofika? I have a player who's past life had a tryst with her, and their child is still around.
                Sounds cool, I could definitely take a look at her.

Also, are only canonical demons acceptable?
                They tend to be what inspires me the most, but I wouldn't rule out statting up a non-canonical demon if I find them sufficiently interesting.

Comment

What kind of guidelines are you looking for?
                  Mainly in the scaling of their merits and/or charms.

Comment

Mainly in the scaling of their merits and/or charms.
                    That's tricky. I'll mull this over a bit more while I try to put together an answer, but I think that some of the ones I've made (Andrus) might be closer to what God-Blooded are expected to be like, while others (The Black Goat) are more powerful than they would usually be.

I'm not as concerned about that sort of thing when it comes to NPCs, because I tend towards giving them between 1-3 powers overall reflecting a narrow set of capabilities, but if I were designing them for player character usage, I would be much more conservative. It might be a good idea to wait for Dragon-Blooded to come out, and give us a sense of how Dragon-Blooded Charms work before investing a lot of thinking into what a PC suite of God-Blooded Charms would look like.

Though as an aside, I can imagine a God-Blooded Charmtree being very simple, looking more like a tree of Evocations than a Charmtree you'd find on an Exalt, and similarly focused in its scope.

For those that can't manipulate Essence but still have powers, I think a good approach is to make those powers operate contextually or with the expenditure of Willpower.

As an aside, made some tweaks to the Decanthrope which might make it a little bit more usable. I've been working on the Gallmau, but think it might need a few more tweaks before its good enough for me to really set it aside. I worked out the baseline stats for Zsofika and have been designing Charms for her.
                    Last edited by Leetsepeak; 09-21-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone! Small update. I'm going to be rolling out some setting material written in the style of the 3E's corebook, in the hopes that it inspires people or generates enough interest in individual pieces to see the conflicts or ideas described within elaborated upon. Any feedback you have is appreciated.

Honored Records of Foreign Places

The first three places featured in this collection are in the Hundred Kingdoms, and may be familiar to some folks. Arashon is the home of the statue of Tahaki Shant, the living statue described in the Antagonist section, and here I just wrote up some additional background for the city to try to give it some flavor and make it usable as a setting. It's missing a write up for Volen, mentioned there, which would provide some additional context for Arashon that could help set up a conflict for players to get involved in. If you guys are interested, I can expand upon that some more.

Arashon

Next is Vesper. This was a place namedropped in a cut antagonist writeup for the Zombie that Eric Minton shared on his blog here. The name really stuck with me, so I tried to write out a story for fallen Vesper, to be used as a place to adventure (or fight the dead) or as an origin story if you want to play a singing, devout war-priest. I've worked out the identity of the Necromancer and could potentially expand upon that and other details of Vesper's countryside, the city itself or the culture surrounding its gods if people are interested.

Vesper

Last one is a place called Mire. It's a powerful city state in the land on the edge of the Yanaze's north side, situated in a swampy delta that drains out into the Yanaze from a large number of rivers in the Hundred Kingdoms. If you take a boat ride and follow the river all the way to the end there, Mire is one of the places you're likely to wind up in. It is seeing a very sudden political upheaval which brings it into violent conflict with another of the great city states of the Hundred Kingdoms, and oh look! Vaneha is here too.

Mire

And that is it for now. Sadly, a friend of mine from high school passed away this weekend, and I have been out of sorts and having a hard time working on more material. All three of these were written some time ago, but I'm only now getting around to sharing them. I will try to regain momentum on my demon editing as soon as possible.

As always, any feedback is appreciated.
                      Last edited by Leetsepeak; 10-03-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Small update. Took another look at the Nemissary and gave it some tweaks, including some additional meat to Mortal-Shadowing Technique. They also gained a new Charm, Hand of the Wind that lets them do some spooky ghost stuff like telekinetically interact with the world while dematerialized, or even do scary things like perform unarmed withering attacks, or gambits like a disarm or distraction.

I sort of imagined this as a kind of basic Nemissary, but that I would like to write up some unique nemissaries to get some ghosts you could potentially center a story around, kind of like our friendly Doppelganger in Hundred Devils Night Parade.

Nemissary

As always, any feedback is appreciated. If you've used any of my work in your games, I'd love to hear about it and what worked versus what didn't work.

Comment

*snip*
                          I sort of imagined this as a kind of basic Nemissary, but that I would like to write up some unique nemissaries to get some ghosts you could potentially center a story around, kind of like our friendly Doppelganger in Hundred Devils Night Parade.
                          Nemissary
                          As always, any feedback is appreciated. If you've used any of my work in your games, I'd love to hear about it and what worked versus what didn't work.
                          Not sure how it works for you but a couple changes to make the Nemissary more of a minor boss would be to allow it's Mortal-Shadowing Technique to have a committed-indefinate cost, and duration. Adding a "Voice-of-the-wind" charm for the same cost as the hand one would allow it to make social attacks against the mortal its shadowing. This should allow for stories of people going slowly mad and doing more and more things their friends and family cannot account for.

That combo would really amp up the fear mortals have of possession and make it so exorcists (especially those well trained from places like Sijan) are a valuable commodity.

Comment

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Originally posted by Major View Post

Not sure how it works for you but a couple changes to make the Nemissary more of a minor boss would be to allow it's Mortal-Shadowing Technique to have a committed-indefinate cost, and duration.
                            I think I'd probably shoot for a charm to possess the living at that juncture, and just make it difficult to kick the nemissary out, with the obvious option to cede control if it so desires.

Adding a "Voice-of-the-wind" charm for the same cost as the hand one would allow it to make social attacks against the mortal its shadowing.
                            All it would need to use is Apparition to actually speak, but it's a fun idea to think about charms to mess with people's heads. I dunno if I'd drop it on the base Nemissary, but I think I'll do that for a variant, maybe!

That combo would really amp up the fear mortals have of possession and make it so exorcists (especially those well trained from places like Sijan) are a valuable commodity.
                            Exorcists are already pretty valuable, but more things for them to deal with never hurts.

Update time!

So I've been making a lot of tweaks to various works, but particularly my elements.

I've updated the Artisan, Need Fire, Flame duck, Nymph and Brine Cur, cleaning up charms, simplifying and eliminating unbalanced or kludgy mechanics based on feedback and trying to make them the best they can be. Updated versions can be found in Elementals of Creation, and are listed as being version 2.0. Any feedback on these is appreciated!

Elementals of Creation

I've also been doing the same for some of my demons, including the Heranhal and the Tomescu. Those can be found on Demons of Malfeas, and have also had mechanics tweaked and altered to try to make everything cleaner and simpler. I'm hoping to finish doing all the elementals and demons before I start making the next new ones.

Demons of Malfeas

As always, all thoughts are appreciated!
                            Last edited by Leetsepeak; 10-15-2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X