Asking for some advice for Scion 1st Ed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for some advice for Scion 1st Ed

Hi! I'm new to playing Scion, and I was going to make a combat medic type character for a game, but I'm a little confused as to how to do so effectively, due to my inexperience with the system. What advice would you give so as to make a character that's effective in that role, systemwise? (The other players forced us all to go Aesir, if that helps) We are making Heros, btw
    Any and all advice would be appreciated, and thank you!
    Last edited by TheScottishFianna; 12-14-2016, 06:00 PM. Reason: Forgot some information

We would be happy to help with some advice!
    But first, a really important question that will let us know how best to help.
    What (if any) house rules does your gaming group use?

Comment

Originally posted by TheScottishFianna View Post
      Hi! I'm new to playing Scion, and I was going to make a combat medic type character for a game, but I'm a little confused as to how to do so effectively, due to my inexperience with the system. What advice would you give so as to make a character that's effective in that role, systemwise? (The other players forced us all to go Aesir, if that helps) We are making Heros, btw
      Any and all advice would be appreciated, and thank you!
      Alrighty! First off, are you using any house rules, or playing RAW? (Rules As Written) If you are using some specific house rules we might be able to give you more suggestions. For the moment, I'll just give advice for RAW for you. So, for a combat medic you will mainly be looking at fulfilling a healing or support role, right? Then there are some areas I can totally suggest.

For Purviews (Areas of magical influence) I would suggest Health be your major thing. Starting at Legend... 2 (it has been a long time since I played RAW) you won't have access to any direct healing for other people. But, you will pick up a direct heal (Heal/Infect) at Legend 4, and at Legend 3 you get one of the most broken Boons in RAW, Bolster (Scion: Companion page 75). Bolster will be really helpful for a combat medic, essentially you can give people temporary extra health. Outside of Health, I would also suggest looking into Guardian as it will help the idea of protecting in combat. Guardian doesn't have a ton of great stuff at Hero really, but it starts to be really nice at Demigod.

For Epics (Superhuman Attributes) I would look into Epic Stamina because Bolster and Heal/Infect is keyed off it, and Bolster is amazing. But also because if as the healer you go down, that's not great. (also you can't use the Health Purview on yourself. So having a lot of health and an ability to heal yourself with Epic Stamina Knacks such as Self-Healing will be very helpful) I would also suggest Epic Wits since having a Healer who can interrupt other people's actions (Between the Ticks, Scion: Companion 59) to heal someone is insanely helpful.

Really, outside of that, you could go about this in any ways you like! You could pick up War if you want to be more on the Combat side of things, pick up Fertility if you want to double down on the idea of life, grab Animal if you want to be really really really broken, etc. Just let us know if there are any more details on your game that you can give us so we can give more in-depth advice!
      Last edited by Watcher; 12-14-2016, 07:29 PM.

Comment

currently we don't have any house rules, at least that I am aware of! Thank you for the advice

Comment

You also might want to take a peek at the Aztec signature character, Aaron, since he is a surgeon.

For purviews Sun is worth looking at as well, Healing rays is nice if not directly combat related, and the boons that blind enemies mean people might not need healing to start with.

Comment

Working...
          X