Advice on a Titan Cult.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a Titan Cult.

I have never played Scion but i am interested in it. I already came up with a titan cult named Takashi Incorporated., a Japanese megacorp that specializes in Gene Splicing. I was thinking of making them servants of Gaia, The Titan of Earth and make them actually use genetic engineering to make Titanspawn. Could this idea work?

I don't see why not.

It wouldn't just be mundane genetic manipulation, of course. It would be Mythic Science, which can do anything if you are genius enough, crazy enough or evil enough.

Dean Shomshak

Comment

Gaia, and it's respective avatars, seem to specialize in the creation of various life forms. Many of its creations are chimerical in nature, so the idea of a cult using genetic modification is not unfeasible.

The problem is that Gaia prefers a world untouched by modern civilization. It represents the world in its natural state, free of human interference. If they're going to use genetic modification and worship the Titan of the World, their methods would be less about secret laboratories and more in the realm of pagan breeding programs and occult bonding rituals.
      Last edited by Nyrufa; 01-19-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Well, what other titan would allow it's servants to make titanspawn in laboratories? I was thinking either the Titan of Drought or Titan of Darkness.

Comment

Y'know, with the right spin they wouldn't even need to hide what they're aiming for.

"They're making unholy abominations."

"Excuse me, we are pushing the boundaries and delivering on a long-desired concept. Ladies and gentlemen of Japan, I'd like to present to you... A real-life catgirl!"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            Gaia, and it's respective avatars, seem to specialize in the creation of various life forms. Many of its creations are chimerical in nature, so the idea of a cult using genetic modification is not unfeasible.

The problem is that Gaia prefers a world untouched by modern civilization. It represents the world in its natural state, free of human interference. If they're going to use genetic modification and worship the Titan of the World, their methods would be less about secret laboratories and more in the realm of pagan breeding programs and occult bonding rituals.
            I could see Prometheus being a silent backer of this -- or maybe trying to hijack the cult for his own purposes. It's true that Muspelheim (presuming we're using 1e as the basis here) isn't exactly associated with health or life. Technological progress for its own sake, however, is something that he's been shown to be a fan of.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post
              Well, what other titan would allow it's servants to make titanspawn in laboratories? I was thinking either the Titan of Drought or Titan of Darkness.

Hundun, Titan of Chaos introduced in Scion: Companion

Hundun exists without a stable form and who's realm is in constant flux. Instead of creating Avatars, it prefers to corrupt other beings (especially Scions) into its service by offering them great power and knowledge.

Comment

Hundun sounds like a great Titan for the cultists to serve. Also, the titanspawn they make are recreations of creatures like The Minotaur, Chimera even a hydra. The corporation are also sworn enemies of the Scions of the Japanese Pantheon.

Comment

Hundun sounds like a great Titan for the cultists to serve. Also, the titanspawn they make are recreations of creatures like The Minotaur, Chimera even a hydra. The corporation are also sworn enemies of the Scions of the Japanese Pantheon.

Speaking of which, there's a water demon in Japanese mythology who headbutted a mountain and reversed the earth's axis. They're revealed to have been a servant of Hundun!

Comment

Speaking of which, there's a water demon in Japanese mythology who headbutted a mountain and reversed the earth's axis. They're revealed to have been a servant of Hundun!
                    ​I could have the corporation be servants of the water demon. Also, does the whole corporation swearing itself enemies of the Scions of Japan sound stupid?

Comment

​I could have the corporation be servants of the water demon. Also, does the whole corporation swearing itself enemies of the Scions of Japan sound stupid?

It would be kind of weird if they came out publicly and said "We hate the Japanese!"

But if they're secretly working to undermine them, then no, that's fine. Also, I think said water demon was eventually destroyed. It was just listed as one example of its past minions.

Comment

It would be kind of weird if they came out publicly and said "We hate the Japanese!"

But if they're secretly working to undermine them, then no, that's fine. Also, I think said water demon was eventually destroyed. It was just listed as one example of its past minions.
                        ​I meant they hate All scions but they dislike the Scions of the Shinto pantheon the most since they are the ones that sabotages them the most. Also, thanks for telling me about the water serpent thing. Perhaps one of their storylines could involve trying to bring it back through genetic engineering.

Comment

​I meant they hate All scions but they dislike the Scions of the Shinto pantheon the most since they are the ones that sabotages them the most. Also, thanks for telling me about the water serpent thing. Perhaps one of their storylines could involve trying to bring it back through genetic engineering.

Woops, just realized I made a mistake. The water demon story is part of Chinese mythology, not Japanese. And the demon's name was Gonggong.

Anyways, if you want to know more about the Titans, this list could help.

Comment

Thanks for the list. I am also thinking of having the corporation be international and pretty much be a threat Scions can't escape.

Comment

Working...
                            X